How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No one else can attest?
I think the battery chemistry is significantly different. Meaning I don't think anyone in an AGT is getting anywhere close to 500

No one else can attest?
I think the battery chemistry is significantly different. Meaning I don't think anyone in an AGT is getting anywhere close to 500

I’m close to agreeing with you. But I’m still holding out hope that one of us will announce that they did achieve 500 miles. And for them to tell us what they had to do to get.

I’m predicting, steady state 60 mph, 70 degrees OAT, minimal elevation changes, calm winds. Now where in the US can we drive like that and not get flattened from behind?

B
I’m close to agreeing with you. But I’m still holding out hope that one of us will announce that they did achieve 500 miles. And for them to tell us what they had to do to get.

I’m predicting, steady state 60 mph, 70 degrees OAT, minimal elevation changes, calm winds. Now where in the US can we drive like that and not get flattened from behind?
But doing exactly as you've just described, is the test Tom did from State of Charged and he hit 500 miles (and Edmunds 505) with the Dream Editions

I think if we did his test exactly, we'd probably come in at 450 miles. That's my guess.

B

But doing exactly as you've just described, is the test Tom did from State of Charged and he hit 500 miles (and Edmunds 505) with the Dream Editions

I think if we did his test exactly, we'd probably come in at 450 miles. That's my guess.

Actually Tom Moloughney did his test at 70 mph, in the Dream Edition. Big difference between that speed and what I posited, at 60 mph.

However, even at 70 mph in an Air GT with 19” rims, I still don’t believe we’d break 400 miles. At 70 mph, I’ve achieved 3.5 miles per kWh.
3.5 miles per kWh multiplied by 112 gives us only 392 miles. The more I think about, I don’t even think a steady state 60 mph would let us break 450 miles.

I got some respectable numbers today in my AGT with 19 inch wheels driving mostly highway at 70 mph. I went from Boston to Bar Harbor (295 miles) and averaged 4.0 mi/kWh. The navigation indicated I had 153 miles remaining upon arrival in Bar Harbor. Others on the forum have commented that the nav system is fairly accurate at calculating miles remaining. If true (if never tested it), that suggests I could have gone ~450 miles if the conditions remained similar. It was 70-75 degrees, sunny, no wind. In the car were 2 adults, 2 suitcases, several smaller bags, and 2 bikes. Some rolling hills along the way. Makes me think 500 might have been possible (certainly >450) with less cargo and no hills.

Checking my spreadsheet of charging sessions of our 19" AGT (lots of #s), typically battery charged when at roughly 40% SOC taking it to 80% SOC:
My wife driving, DC to Delaware short, 4.57 mi/kw = 512 mi range
Lots of trips (10 mph over limit?) with using in the 4.4-4.5 mi/kw range (490-500ish mi range)
so... never took it from 100=>0%, but am seeing usage (when driving fairly but not too gentle) that matches/close to EPA.

Speed and AC usage may be the main reasons for lower range. AGT Range version 19” Wheels.
My longest distance has been about 85 Miles flat Texas Highway driving. Summer AC at Max Cold.
Smooth Mode but speeds between 70-100MPH.
Even local driving in smooth mode has not yielded better than a 3.3Mi/KWH.
4900 total miles over 14 months Avg is 3.2

I‘ve had my AGT Range version with 19” wheels for just under a year. Most of my driving is my commute, about 6 miles one way, with no highways. I’ve taken two longer trips and have an occasional 25 mile commute which is mostly highway. I’m a fairly conservative driver, but enjoy the acceleration when needed, and have utilized launch mode a few times to impress my friends. I have 7,364 miles on the car and have averaged 3.8 miles/kWh. I’m very happy with the range I am getting but definitely would not have that result without the highway driving. Still the most fun car I’ve ever owned!

I've stopped trying to drive for maximum range, so my numbers have gone down a bit - my overall average at around 21,000 miles is 4.0, but I noticed going down to Carmel the other day that I only used 12% of battery to go about 72 miles and thought that was pretty good.

I've stopped trying to drive for maximum range, so my numbers have gone down a bit - my overall average at around 21,000 miles is 4.0, but I noticed going down to Carmel the other day that I only used 12% of battery to go about 72 miles and thought that was pretty good.
What is the most range you've ever achieves from 100-0?
(or if you didn't, what would it have been if you kept driving to 0?)
Furthest distance traveled with highest efficiency number?

Curious if close to Dream edition is achievable n

What is the most range you've ever achieves from 100-0?
(or if you didn't, what would it have been if you kept driving to 0?)
Furthest distance traveled with highest efficiency number?

Curious if close to Dream edition is achievable n
i have yet to run the battery down in one trip and it is not something I pay attention to. I charge mainly at home. Highest efficiency on over 100 miles was 5.1. It's funny, since I bought the car to be able to drive to San Diego in one go, but have yet to make the drive as we've been flying instead.

I just passed 12,000 miles in 8 months. My lifetime efficiency is 3.6 m/kWh. On one long road trip, I went 295 miles (100% to 10%) before charging so I figured I could have gone about 325 miles before dying. I have a touring with 19” wheels which is EPA rated for 425 miles. I drive how I like to drive without thinking about efficiency usually averaging 75-80 mph on the highway. Love the car and the range is plenty for me. EA hasn’t been perfect but it’s been fine. 99% of the time I charge at home.

Not doing as well as most - ignore Trip A. I live up a hill, so it's a daily climb, not making the efficiency back on the downhill.

Attachments

• IMG_20230902_085857.jpg
    IMG_20230902_085857.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 80
I just passed 12,000 miles in 8 months. My lifetime efficiency is 3.6 m/kWh. On one long road trip, I went 295 miles (100% to 10%) before charging so I figured I could have gone about 325 miles before dying. I have a touring with 19” wheels which is EPA rated for 425 miles. I drive how I like to drive without thinking about efficiency usually averaging 75-80 mph on the highway. Love the car and the range is plenty for me. EA hasn’t been perfect but it’s been fine. 99% of the time I charge at home.
That sounds terrible, would you like to rephrase that? 😉

... In the car were 2 adults, 2 suitcases, several smaller bags, and 2 bikes. ...
I'd like to hear more about how you fit 2 bikes in (pictures would be great, words would suffice)...
- What style bikes (road, off-road, rim or disk brakes, etc).
- Wheels on or off?
- Location (seat folded down I assume, etc), both on the folded down seat in trunk? Or one in the foot well of the rear seat? Etc.

I'd like to hear more about how you fit 2 bikes in (pictures would be great, words would suffice)...
- What style bikes (road, off-road, rim or disk brakes, etc).
- Wheels on or off?
- Location (seat folded down I assume, etc), both on the folded down seat in trunk? Or one in the foot well of the rear seat? Etc.
All wheels off, rear seats down. First frame on its side, fork forward, seat to the left, down facing pedal as far rear on the bike as it goes and pointing down into the well of the trunk. Second frame laying on top, fork forward, seat to the right. Wheels in the main cabin on folded down rear seat and bike forks.

One caveat is that these are older bikes. A hybrid commuting bike and a beach cruiser. I wouldn’t recommend this if you have newer, high end road bikes. It takes some patience to maneuver that second frame in and out because the components can catch on each other. I’ve never had a problem with anything breaking, but I might not risk it with high end components.

Neither my wife nor I have a light foot. Why do we get 6.2 ml/Kw ? Maybe I got the most efficient GT ?
It's a known computer glitch.
I've got the same results around 20k miles.
Sorry, but it's not real.

Neither my wife nor I have a light foot. Why do we get 6.2 ml/Kw ? Maybe I got the most efficient GT ?
There it is, I see it with my own eyes, and yet I flat out don’t believe my eyes, after over 8000 miles, including 4000 of them at 75 Highway driving , and what I consider to be normal city and suburban driving, making no effort to economize and enjoying sprints of speed from time to time I have a long-term average of 3.3 computed to a range of 360m range or about 70% of estimated EPA rating, I think this is typical and I’m happy with it

Back