• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How do I calculate my estimated range for a full charge? I'm driving a Pure on 19 inch wheels and averaging 3.7. I always charge to 80%. When people ask what kind of miles I'm getting. I say well it's rated for 410 miles!
92 x 3.7 = 340 miles on a full cycle
80% is 272 miles

Last edited:
How do I calculate my estimated range for a full charge? I'm driving a Pure on 19 inch wheels and averaging 3.7. I always charge to 80%. When people ask what kind of miles I'm getting. I say well it's rated for 410 miles!
I think it's your kw/mi (your state of charge % x your battery size)

So, 3.7(100%x92) should do it.

Wait, I am pretty sure that 88 is only for the pure RWD. I think that the AWD has the same 92 kwh pack.
The little things is why I wish I was a fly on the wall during the engineering/business stages. It's just 4kwh why not for simplicity keep it the same.

At least the T gets some added foot space compared to the GT.

Wait, I am pretty sure that 88 is only for the pure RWD. I think that the AWD has the same 92 kwh pack.
Is that right? I've read 92 kWh, with 88 kWh useable. Same for RWD or AWD for the Pure and Touring.

340 miles.

Multiply 88*3.7 or 326

Don't they both have 18 modules? What would be the reason for the difference?
I’m unsure about the number of modules, but I’ve been told those battery capacity specs several times by different Lucid reps. Could they be wrong, I suppose so. The 4 kWh difference could just be a compensation for the AWD vs RWD, but I’ve never seen official Lucid specs on this.

RWD I know for a fact is 88. This was released. The AWD specs are a bit more smoky though...

I’m unsure about the number of modules, but I’ve been told those battery capacity specs several times by different Lucid reps. Could they be wrong, I suppose so. The 4 kWh difference could just be a compensation for the AWD vs RWD, but I’ve never seen official Lucid specs on this.
The first Lucid Tech talk is on batteries. Very interesting. There are 300 individual batteries (2170s) per module. The Pure and Touring have 18 modules. The GT has 22 modules. The lesser modules in the Pure provides what Peter calls a "Foot Garage" for back seat passengers.

Typically a certain buffer is withheld from the maximum battery capacity. Without the buffer it might be possible to run down the batteries so low that they are "bricked". I don't understand how RWD vs AWD has anything to do with battery capacity. So my thought is the 4 kWh is 92 vs 88 is this buffer.

Battery Pack | Tech Talks | Lucid Motors

Last edited:
To throw some murkiness into the mix, there’s also the possibility of software limitations in one version. Tesla was infamous for that.

I've been getting right around 3.7 miles/kWh driving at 72 to 75 mph on the 19" without the aero covers in a Pure AWD and with about 800 miles on it, but this is caveated by driving in mostly 100F+ weather and the majority of my driving going through the numerous hills on the trek between Las Vegas and Los Angeles. I'm hoping that once it starts to cool down more (which should hopefully be right around the corner) and the motors finish breaking in, that same drive will hopefully get up to the low 4s. I know for a fact that this car is capable of it as driving around town on both local streets and the highway with not too many elevation changes nets me 4.0 to 4.2 miles/kWh currently.

Brand new Touring w/ standard 20 inch wheels. Charged twice: On 1st charge my car went 160 miles with battery going from 85% down to 30%. On 2nd charge with battery going from 88% to 32% my car went 156 miles. 70% freeway / 30% city street driving in SoCal with temps in the 90's and A/C on at all times. After some fancy math, it works out to full battery to depletion range of 285 miles.

Blessed are the brave for they shall run their batteries dry.

Another thousand miles, so another update from me…

6000 miles = 4.818 miles/kWh
I was getting close to that on Kia EV6 rental with lots of mountain driving on iPedal mode. If there’s some long downhill elevation changes the weight of the Lucid works to your advantage. I once went up Bear Mountain in NY state and went back down and only used 1% SOC because the regen helped so much.

Back