How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I got 4.5 m/kWh on a recent 426 mile trip Milwaukee to Detroit. Max speed was 74.

Attachments

• 0BDCF526-31CF-446F-B852-DE27F0DF47D1.jpeg
    0BDCF526-31CF-446F-B852-DE27F0DF47D1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 86
I got 4.5 m/kWh on a recent 426 mile trip Milwaukee to Detroit. Max speed was 74.
I think your average was closer to or less than 60mph to get that.

I just got 3.8 on my return trip from the lake, going no more than 5-10 mph over the limit, mostly 5. I was happy with that.

Was it mostly highway or was it a mix of both ?
It was all highway. I-294/80 around Chicago was in heavy traffic going around 60. The rest of the trip was I-94 at 73-74mph. I drove in the right lane. Trucks go 68. So ACC slowed me down approaching behind. When the left lane was very clear I pulled out to pass and ACC automatically took be back to 74 for smooth passing. I think flat terrain and modest westerly tailwinds however slight all helped.

I've never had my indicated range drop below 100 miles before recharging. I assume I can go about 400 real miles between charges. But I drive 80mph plus.

Just drove from San Ramon to Arcadia (about 360 miles) ranging in speed from 75 to 85 mph and probably stayed 80 mph most of the way and got 3.6 mi/kWh. Outside temperature was about 75-80. 19 inch wheels.

Seven months and 10,000 miles. 3.2 and I rarely go above 70mph. Smooth almost always.

3 months, 1200 miles, and 3.1 on my GT 21". Heavy foot I guess coming from my M4 :)

Generally, enough to come back home and recharge it over night.

I did a short charge this morning followed by a short errand to the car wash and saw numbers like never before. Tipped just over 6.0! 60 degrees, 38 mph in essentially flat terrain. It has since settled back down to the low 4's but was still pretty amazing.

Attachments

• 20230604_092053.jpg
    20230604_092053.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
Had mine since early November (AGT, 19" Aero Covers removed) am retired and just do around town driving so at 5,500 mi. Took a 72 mile trip from northern Baltimore Co. to Eastern Shore with just me and my golf clubs (640' elevation to 10' elevation). 75 degrees calm winds 72 mile down at 5.0 mi/Kwh, almost same route back but with some traffic lights 3.6 mi/Kwh. Overall trip was 144 mi at 4.3 mi/Kwh. We are taking a 300 mile trip in a week with 4 people and luggage to the gills. Will be interesting to see just how many mi/Kwh I actually get on that one. Hoping a lot as there are not that many EA stops down past Norfolk, VA.

Had mine since early November (AGT, 19" Aero Covers removed) am retired and just do around town driving so at 5,500 mi. Took a 72 mile trip from northern Baltimore Co. to Eastern Shore with just me and my golf clubs (640' elevation to 10' elevation). 75 degrees calm winds 72 mile down at 5.0 mi/Kwh, almost same route back but with some traffic lights 3.6 mi/Kwh. Overall trip was 144 mi at 4.3 mi/Kwh. We are taking a 300 mile trip in a week with 4 people and luggage to the gills. Will be interesting to see just how many mi/Kwh I actually get on that one. Hoping a lot as there are not that many EA stops down past Norfolk, VA.
Wow, great range! 480+.

Started out my day at 90% from a home L2 charge. Drove 267 miles to Casper, WY. Pulled into EA station with 12% remaining. Had HA set to 75 most of the journey. Stopped a number of times for food and rest. Speed limit for much of Wyoming is 80, so I had to push up there a few times to pass some trucks. Averaged 3.8 mi/kWh.

So, a little less than 80% of my battery got me nearly 270 miles. I’ll take it.

If I could have kept it under 70, I’m sure I could have done better.

The beginning leg of the trip from Boulder to Fort Collins I was getting 4.5 mi/ kWh. That was with speed limits mostly under 65.

The EA charger in Casper did great, by the way. Took me a few plugs and unplugs, but then shot up to over 200 kW before settling down the usual charging curve. (I have a Touring, so I’m never going to get 300+ from any charger.) Unfortunately, I had to charge to about 90% again, as the next charging station isn’t until Billings, MT, which is another 260 miles. Fortunately, there were no others using the station, so I wasn’t worried about hogging the 350 charger.

My personal score for EA chargers remains at 100%.

Stopped for the night a few hours past Casper, in Buffalo. I’ve got about 59% at the moment, and about 160 miles to go. Will resume in the morning.

I should add, for those who don’t know, that I have 19s, with all-seasons on at the moment. And no aero covers. I had the covers taken off before delivery and have never put them on.

Outer Banks is an Ion dessert though.
View attachment 13274
Yea, what's the deal wtih that? Went down-the-shore yesterday and even though it's only ~200 mi round trip I checked the EA map expecting to find some chargers there,... at least in/around Atlantic City, NJ. Nope.

There are none in the entire Del Mar VA peninsula ! ????

Wait...don't people travel long distances to get to the beach, and then stay a few days, and not a single EA charger ???

Wife thought it was a bold move to take Luci to the beach...dense parking, sand everywhere in the car, and sun screen all over the interior, not to mention salt water stains on the seats. Couldn't resist a few excursions above 90 mph on the ACE.... still got 3.7 for the day on 21".
Car is fine: found a spot on the street so no lot dings, was very careful with the sun screen, changed out of wet suits, and trunk was just big enough for two chairs, buggy, umbrella, shelter, and sand-castle-building tools; and the Funk was loaded up with the bags of reading materials, water, cut-up fruit and snacks, towels, change of clothes). Yeah I got sand everywhere. It's nice Jersey sand though, so no worries.

It was nice to spend a day outside without an N95 mask on. In philly the AQI was way into the red, but down-the-shore it was breathable with a nice on-shore sea-breeze. water temp low-70s by afternoon.

but seriously, why no EA chargers at the beaches, all up and down the East coast?

Last edited:
Back