How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
HIW?!??! Just how?!?!? OI think I drive pretty normal, AND i realize I have 21s (which I am awaiting a time slot to open to put winter tires on), BUT I am getting low 2s right now in the 30s and 40s.
Try going a max of 55mph and accelerating very gently. See what happens.

HIW?!??! Just how?!?!? OI think I drive pretty normal, AND i realize I have 21s (which I am awaiting a time slot to open to put winter tires on), BUT I am getting low 2s right now in the 30s and 40s.
I never get in the low 2s. Even when I push it pretty hard. My worst in the cold seems to be around 2.8 or so. My average is around 3.1 during the winter months. I am on the 19s, though. But with snow tires, which are far stickier than the all-seasons.

I also never deny myself comfort. So no turning off the heat, etc. I tend to be okay with the temp set around 70 with fans on 3 or so. Plus heated seats on 1 or 2.

I do think it has a lot to do with how much start/stop you do. Around the city, I definitely do worse than on a highway trip at steady speeds for an hour or more at a time. On longer road trips I basically never get less than 3.1 or so.

I also tend to start longer road trips at 100%, but charged on L2 overnight. You definitely lose some efficiency charging at L3, because of the excess heat.

I also think sample size matters. I think maybe a lot of people here are driving five or ten miles and then extrapolating what a road trip would be like from that. Not really a great way to determine long-range performance. I find my average will improve over time. Which makes sense, given I'm doing much worse going from my garage through the city streets untIl I make it to the highway. Then it'll average out as I do the next 100 miles at a steady speed.

19” wheels and steady 67mph for a long stretch with minimal stop/go. I sometimes drive like this when wife and kid are in the car for road trip, otherwise drive like @Bobby

Lower efficiency = more fun.
3.1 and proud of it!
I concur! 3.2 on my GT 21", and I don't think about efficiency except when I have to do a roundtrip from LA-SD on a single charge (2x success, 1x fail). Car is too much damn fun to drive for max efficiency unless you are a daily long range driver or on a major road trip.

I have only gotten in the low to mid 2s in very cold weather ; zero or below, on 19s.
Most of the winter I am around 2.8-3.2 and rest of year hovering around 4. Very happy with these numbers.

I have only gotten in the low to mid 2s in very cold weather ; zero or below, on 19s.
Most of the winter I am around 2.8-3.2 and rest of year hovering around 4. Very happy with these numbers.
In a range of 80 degrees to 30 degrees over 14,500+ miles in a Touring on 19s I'm averaging 3.3, often with a heavy foot & all the creature comforts - a/c, heat & radio

I tracked it this week to and from work. I drive pretty aggressive and would not drive much faster than I did. I went about 170 miles half highway and half local streets. On my Touring with 19 inch and temp about 65 to 80, I got 3.7 m/kwh.

That is pretty good!

PS. On the “since last charge” tracking which includes kwh used while sitting and overnight, it was 3.1 m/kwh. I did check the car often- and every time i check on the app my lights turn on for a second and I get a video with motion in garage from my cameras.

So, are you saying your EQS gets better range than your Air or gets better than projected EPA range compared the the Air getting less than projected EPA range?
My 580 EQS did get slightly better range then my AGT.

If you take a look at my prior posts you’ll see more specifics on that.

Hasn’t it been mentioned often enough that there are 2 different EPA testing methods? The German cars, like BMW & Mercedes, mostly use the more conservative method where real world results will meet or exceed the lower EPA #s. Companies like Lucid & Tesla will use the method that generally shows higher than real world results. Both methods are entirely acceptable under the EPA rules.

That’s not to say you can’t achieve Lucid’s EPA #s in real world conditions, I have, but you have to be more careful. Regardless, Lucid still beats the other guys in actual range and isn’t that what ultimately counts?

So it got over 400+ miles on a single charge?
No lol

In similar 100-0% tests my 580 EQS range averaged around 340-360 miles while my AGT averaged 320-340 miles. Both with 21” wheels.

Which this makes sense given their battery sizes and identical drag coefficients. The primary differences where in sheer hp.

You can’t magically break physics.

My tests are always stressed in similar situations that are real world and highway based (70-80 mph). Given I live in Florida, they’re also performed in warm climates with flat lands. They’re also pinned against multiple EVs for comparison.

No “current” EV realistically gets 400 miles on a single charge with around 100kWh battery unless you’re tailoring for them in multiple ways (especially on highways). It’s just a ridiculous comment to say any would with the current weight and drag coefs of the vehicles. It’s also odd when people look at vehicle specifications, they seem to ignore physics typically will equate to similar performance (regardless of misleading EPA numbers).

Last edited:
No lol

In similar 100-0% tests my 580 EQS range averaged around 340-360 miles while my AGT averaged 320-340 miles. Both with 21” wheels.

Which this makes sense given their battery sizes and identical drag coefficients. The primary differences where in sheer hp.

You can’t magically break physics.

My tests are always stressed in similar situations that are real world and highway based (70-80 mph). Given I live in Florida, they’re also performed in warm climates with flat lands. They’re also pinned against multiple EVs for comparison.

No “current” EV realistically gets 400 miles on a single charge with around 100kWh battery unless you’re tailoring for them in multiple ways (especially on highways). It’s just a ridiculous comment to say any would with the current weight and drag coefs of the vehicles. It’s also odd when people look at vehicle specifications, they seem to ignore physics typically will equate to similar performance (regardless of misleading EPA numbers).
Actually the Dream edition has hit 500+ in many real world 70 mph tests
And Edmunds got 450 in their test with AGT.

Actually the Dream edition has hit 500+ in many real world 70 mph tests
And Edmunds got 450 in their test with AGT.
I don’t know how emphasizes but no. I honestly don’t even care what these people report nowadays you get some absurdly unrealistic numbers on the Internet.

I’m constantly in EVs playing around with them because it’s part of my job so I have fairly rigorous first-hand experience, across-the-board and vehicle engineers at my disposed to ask questions to.

Any reports of 400+ miles of highway range on vehicles with these type of specifications today is going to be an outlier within data graphs it is 100% not gonna be a norm and it is 100% going to be due to some external factors playing a large role. There will be a ton of*in that claim.

Forgot to mention, they did it on 19" wheels.
Wheel size only impacted 0.3 mi./ kWh from my testing. Wheelbase makes the difference but it’s not that big.

Although I have to redact a little bit of what I said because I believe the dream edition specifically has a little bit of a bigger battery, and that may bring it over 400 edge give him the right conditions and the right wheelbase.

It still will be highly conditional and not the norm though definitely not highway driving

Last edited:
Back