How do your work calls?

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
I do a lot of driving and talking cause my job is a lot of meeting (a lot). Anyways lately people have said they can't hear me on my phone. I usually use Apple carplay, and we have our own teleconference apps, like Zoom but the company version. Usually my conversations were okay. Quick note we did recently switch to TMobile so it could just be the Tmobile and Arizona metro availability isn't working.
I am curious though for folks where they need to make a living joining conferences and also need to drive places, how do they do it? Could you share your tips?
Part of me thinks I should just try a dedicated bluetooth device like those folks that wear a headset while they are talking to you.

Anyways curious how do you do your work calls in the Lucid?
Thanks !

@OutofSpecDave I watched one of your videos, and you sound like you also do a lot of talking while driving, did you find any work arounds to better phone conversations?

I have been a T-Mobile customer going back to the Voicestream days. While I am retired now, when I was working I did many conference calls on my cell phone and no one complained about the quality. I did that from home on my cell phone and from my car via bluetooth (back then it was a BMW 5 series).

CarPlay call quality has been improving slowly. Recently, my wife couldn’t even tell that I was in the car on a call. Unfortunately, it is still inconsistent. I know that this is being addressed and I hope it is resolved soon.

CarPlay call quality has been improving slowly. Recently, my wife couldn’t even tell that I was in the car on a call. Unfortunately, it is still inconsistent. I know that this is being addressed and I hope it is resolved soon.
So is it issue on car play I am going to try AirPods with CarPlay next

Okay sounds like @Bobby you are saying its also a software thing like Carplay / Iphone calls are not as good as quality as intended.

Some other replies supporting this:

It’s the Apple car play. S/W team has been notified. I generally switch to the native Bluetooth and that resolves the issue. I feel like Apple car play doesn’t fully switch to the Bluetooth mode and therefore we still sound far away when using CarPlay for calls.
I have the same issue. People with iPhones have the issue. It’s known according to customer service rep I spoke to yesterday. Hopefully a new software patch will be made to improve the iPhone/bluetooth compatibility.

I keep a pair of AirPods in my car. I’ve never had a car that delivers high quality phone call reception, so I’m used to using AirPods. If Lucid can “fix” it, that would be a great upgrade.

I keep a pair of AirPods in my car. I’ve never had a car that delivers high quality phone call reception, so I’m used to using AirPods. If Lucid can “fix” it, that would be a great upgrade.
Sounds like another vote for AirPods. With AirPods everything is fixed ?

Just for reference Are you all using Wired or Wireless Carplay?

I keep AirPods in my car. Even with just the LUCID bluetooth I sound like I'm in a tunnel.

Bluetooth only 😁

CarPlay is a little sucky
I think CarPlay is absolutely fantastic. It integrates phone, messaging, maps, calendar, garage controls, navigation, and music all in one.

I think CarPlay is absolutely fantastic. It integrates phone, messaging, maps, calendar, and music all in one.
And it can core a Apple (gotta be a Honeymooners fan to understand)😆

Last edited:
I think CarPlay is absolutely fantastic. It integrates phone, messaging, maps, calendar, garage controls, navigation, and music all in one.
If they would add Atmos it would be fantastic. Right now in my book it's nice but annoying because I can't make audible phone calls with it and can't switch to bluetooth calls when CarPlay is engaged. Add lower sound quality due to no Atmos and I typically have it fully blocked on my phone. The interface is also a bit dated and confined to a small area.

Back