Using Lucid hotspot?

Chrry

𝐼 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝐿𝑢𝑐𝑖
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Touring
I’ve only had my Touring for 2 weeks so I’m still getting to know her — Luci, yes I love Luci 🤭
Anyways, I was told there was a hotpot we could use for laptops+ but I can’t figure out how to enable it. Do I need to call in to get it started?

I don't know who told you that, but there is no hotspot feature. Maybe in the future, but the speculation is that won't be turned on until after Lucid stops paying for our data usage at least.

I don't know who told you that, but there is no hotspot feature. Maybe in the future, but the speculation is that won't be turned on until after Lucid stops paying for our data usage at least.
I really thought I asked her (the person who introduced us to the car) about my son being able to connect to his laptop on the way to school or trips. Then asking her how to set it up and she said I needed to call in to have them do it. I remember being really excited about that. Really really excited. It’s the first thing I told my son when I got home.
Maybe I was just too excited I guess. 😵‍💫😏
Would be super cool.

I really thought I asked her (the person who introduced us to the car) about my son being able to connect to his laptop on the way to school or trips. Then asking her how to set it up and she said I needed to call in to have them do it. I remember being really excited about that. Really really excited. It’s the first thing I told my son when I got home.
Maybe I was just too excited I guess. 😵‍💫😏
Would be super cool.
I’m sorry you were misled. Shouldn’t have happened.

But yeah, at present there is no hotspot available for use in the vehicle.

I’m sorry you were misled. Shouldn’t have happened.

But yeah, at present there is no hotspot available for use in the vehicle.
Thanks. It was probably my over excitement.

Thanks. It was probably my over excitement.
Email customer care and submit it as a feature request. I am fairly sure that the WiFi chips they are using is capable of creating a hot spot. As others have said, it is likely turned off because Lucid is paying for data. Maybe if people were to subscribe for data, it could be turned on.

Back