How do your work calls?

Okay Lucid folks I have some news to report.
Do not under any circumstances use the Carplay with Lucid car microphones, I had my friend call me and they said there was an echo, they could barely hear me. So Carplay + Lucid car audio is out.

We tried CarPlay + Airpods : He said that sounded fine.

We tried Turning off car play and just use Lucid Blue Tooth: Also sounded fine.

So either:
Use Airpods + Carplay
Use Lucid Car Audio Bluetooth (No Car play).

From what I hear Lucid is aware of some type of audio defect with Lucid car audio and Apple car play.
For now I will use one of the methods above, I do enjoy the many usages of Carplay I like their nav a lot over Lucid nav, so I will likely try using Airpods more until Lucid fixes this.
now this @borski deserves a TSB.
IMG_1306.jpeg

If they would add Atmos it would be fantastic. Right now in my book it's nice but annoying because I can't make audible phone calls with it and can't switch to bluetooth calls when CarPlay is engaged. Add lower sound quality due to no Atmos and I typically have it fully blocked on my phone. The interface is also a bit dated and confined to a small area.
The interface is 100% controlled by Apple. There's nowhere else they could put it. Even if they did put it on the pilot panel, it would be obscenely tall and way out of the field of you. I've had better luck lately with my call quality, so I don't hesitate to use it currently. As far as sound goes… For me, it's AM radio most of the time. I know, I'm a loser.

The interface is 100% controlled by Apple. There's nowhere else they could put it. Even if they did put it on the pilot panel, it would be obscenely tall and way out of the field of you. I've had better luck lately with my call quality, so I don't hesitate to use it currently. As far as sound goes… For me, it's AM radio most of the time. I know, I'm a loser.
Totally agree that the interface is Apple and it was revolutionary for its time. Now it's sort of standard and I find the Lucid UI more appealing. I love that you listen to AM radio! I can see how the lack of Atmos wouldn't bother you :) I've tried calls the past two days via CarPlay and all I've gotten is ....hello? hello? I can't hear you. :/

Totally agree that the interface is Apple and it was revolutionary for its time. Now it's sort of standard and I find the Lucid UI more appealing. I love that you listen to AM radio! I can see how the lack of Atmos wouldn't bother you :) I've tried calls the past two days via CarPlay and all I've gotten is ....hello? hello? I can't hear you. :/
I posted a update, don't use carplay and calls unless you have airpods

I posted a update, don't use carplay and calls unless you have airpods
California has a law that prohibits drivers and bicyclists from wearing headphones while operating their vehicles. California Vehicle Code 27400 states that no person operating a motor vehicle or bicycle may wear earphones, earplugs or a headset that covers, rests in or is inserted in both ears.

California has a law that prohibits drivers and bicyclists from wearing headphones while operating their vehicles. California Vehicle Code 27400 states that no person operating a motor vehicle or bicycle may wear earphones, earplugs or a headset that covers, rests in or is inserted in both ears.
Okay use Bluetooth then or a long beanie hat

Out of curiosity would 1 AirPod be allowed ? Thats the way I read it. I actually only use 1 AirPod to make calls in my Air.

Don't use carplay and calls unless you have airpod(s) dependent on state regulations.

Seems so.
Yes - there is nothing wrong with an airpod or headphone in a single ear. The law prohibits both ears being plugged, but prefers one ear to you holding a phone or using your speakerphone (not bluetooth)

I do a lot of driving and talking cause my job is a lot of meeting (a lot). Anyways lately people have said they can't hear me on my phone. I usually use Apple carplay, and we have our own teleconference apps, like Zoom but the company version. Usually my conversations were okay. Quick note we did recently switch to TMobile so it could just be the Tmobile and Arizona metro availability isn't working.
I am curious though for folks where they need to make a living joining conferences and also need to drive places, how do they do it? Could you share your tips?
Part of me thinks I should just try a dedicated bluetooth device like those folks that wear a headset while they are talking to you.

Anyways curious how do you do your work calls in the Lucid?
Thanks !
When you rely on work calls while driving, consider these tips:

1. Dedicated Bluetooth Device: A Bluetooth headset or earpiece can offer better call quality and hands-free convenience.
  2. In-Car Bluetooth: Ensure your car's built-in Bluetooth system is properly set up for hands-free calling.
  3. Network Quality: Monitor signal strength and network coverage, especially if you recently switched carriers.
  4. Noise Reduction: Use noise-canceling features to improve call clarity in noisy environments.
  5. Scheduled Stops: Plan stops for important meetings to ensure a stable and quiet location.
  6. Hands-Free Mode: Use voice commands or vehicle controls for safer call management.
  7. Test and Adjust: Regularly test and adjust settings for optimal call quality.
Ultimately, the combination of a dedicated Bluetooth device and a quiet, safe location for important calls can help you manage work meetings while driving.

When you rely on work calls while driving, consider these tips:

1. Dedicated Bluetooth Device: A Bluetooth headset or earpiece can offer better call quality and hands-free convenience.
  2. In-Car Bluetooth: Ensure your car's built-in Bluetooth system is properly set up for hands-free calling.
  3. Network Quality: Monitor signal strength and network coverage, especially if you recently switched carriers.
  4. Noise Reduction: Use noise-canceling features to improve call clarity in noisy environments.
  5. Scheduled Stops: Plan stops for important meetings to ensure a stable and quiet location.
  6. Hands-Free Mode: Use voice commands or vehicle controls for safer call management.
  7. Test and Adjust: Regularly test and adjust settings for optimal call quality.
Ultimately, the combination of a dedicated Bluetooth device and a quiet, safe location for important calls can help you manage work meetings while driving.
Are you using ChatGPT for these posts?

CarPlay is a little sucky
True, but mine seems tin
I agree that it is a little outdated, but I still find it useful and use CarPlay every day. I’m hoping that we get the new CarPlay early into Apple's eventual rollout. It looks very sexy to my eye.

I do a lot of driving and talking cause my job is a lot of meeting (a lot). Anyways lately people have said they can't hear me on my phone. I usually use Apple carplay, and we have our own teleconference apps, like Zoom but the company version. Usually my conversations were okay. Quick note we did recently switch to TMobile so it could just be the Tmobile and Arizona metro availability isn't working.
I am curious though for folks where they need to make a living joining conferences and also need to drive places, how do they do it? Could you share your tips?
Part of me thinks I should just try a dedicated bluetooth device like those folks that wear a headset while they are talking to you.

Anyways curious how do you do your work calls in the Lucid?
Thanks !
I usually end up switching to speakerphone rather than the using the lucid mic. People often can’t hear me well.

First want to say thank you to all for being so helpful it’s a wonderful community we all got here.

I tried the AirPods tip today on my morning meetings, and to my surprise they still said my voice was breaking.

I have come to the conclusion our team app is junk In the car for conferences. I believe possibly could be however it processes voice data. Anyways I hung up and used our manual phone number and meeting code. 1-800 number.
It was instantly better so don’t think I will be using our team app for any more calls in the car.

So tips
1) Use a manual meeting number and code over smartphone apps
2) Use AirPods

Voice lines over data lines all day everyday
Picture for attention

IMG_1478.jpeg

Back