Honestly, what do you miss?

Wait, doesn't the turn signal always return to neutral already?
One of the things I really like about the new Tesla model S with the Yoke (and no turn signal stock) is they use the car cameras to detect when the turn signal should reset. Works almost every time - especially on lane changes. Maybe Lucid could use Dreamdrive cameras to do the same.

Excluding items that are software related...

* Hatchback from the Model S

Peter Rawlinson always felt the torsional rigidity of the Model S was compromised by the hatchback design. That is why he opted for a rear trunk, which allowed for a structural beam connecting the C-pillars.

We're now on our second Model S (a 2021 Plaid), and I can attest to the wisdom of Rawlinson's choice. Our Air has a feeling of structural solidity on rough patches that is missing from the Model S. It's not that the Model S has the cowl shake or squeaks and rattles of yesteryear. It doesn't. It's just that the Air feels more solid. And, of course, the advantage of a stiffer structure is that you can maintain the same level of handling with a softer suspension tune, as the body structure itself is acting less as a spring.

In short, the crisper handling and the more compliant ride of the Air compared to the Tesla derives in no small degree from the decision not to make the Air a hatchback.

Drive my old Model S for a couple of days while the Lucid was awaiting a service appointment. Here’s why I discovered I miss about it:

1) ease of throwing stuff into the hatchback
2) driving with rear camera “always on”
3) Tesla’s brake hold design, that holds permanently once you push the brake instead of releasing and letting the car roll backwards after 2 seconds
4) radio/music permanently on the main screen and not on the small top right where you have to reach up
5) lighter accelerator pedal
6) everything turns on instantly when you get in. No waiting for things to boot up.
7) height-adjustable suspension, useful in snow about 5 times a year.

And then climbing back into the Lucid and driving it after a couple of days in the MS: so nice to be back in a calming environment that feels like a finely-detailed cocoon instead of the inside of a dumpster. The Lucid is much faster, maybe not off the line, but after 10 mph it is grotesquely, frighteningly fast. And it feels so much more secure and stable than the MS. Everything feels better in the Lucid: tighter, finer, more solid, more beautiful to touch and look at. Also, the Lucid get attention everywhere you go - at stoplights, all the Tesla drivers are gazing at you, if that’s your thing.

So, at the end of the day, I don’t think I will miss the MS much.

3) Tesla’s brake hold design, that holds permanently once you push the brake instead of releasing and letting the car roll backwards after 2 seconds

My Lucid's brake hold works the same way as both our Model S's. No need to keep your foot on the brake pedal at a stop light. Are you sure you don't have the "creep" setting engaged on the Air?

6) everything turns on instantly when you get in. No waiting for things to boot up.

This is true with our Tesla . . . most of the time. But every few days, we get into the car and have to wait out a 20-30 second boot up. Can't correlate the when and why to anything else going on.

Drive my old Model S for a couple of days while the Lucid was awaiting a service appointment. Here’s why I discovered I miss about it:

1) ease of throwing stuff into the hatchback
2) driving with rear camera “always on”
4) radio/music permanently on the main screen and not on the small top right where you have to reach up
5) lighter accelerator pedal
7) height-adjustable suspension, useful in snow about 5 times a year.

And then climbing back into the Lucid and driving it after a couple of days in the MS: so nice to be back in a calming environment that feels like a finely-detailed cocoon instead of the inside of a dumpster. The Lucid is much faster, maybe not off the line, but after 10 mph it is grotesquely, frighteningly fast. And it feels so much more secure and stable than the MS. Everything feels better in the Lucid: tighter, finer, more solid, more beautiful to touch and look at. Also, the Lucid get attention everywhere you go - at stoplights, all the Tesla drivers are gazing at you, if that’s your thing.

So, at the end of the day, I don’t think I will miss the MS much.
Back in CT where Model S is. After a few days, only a few things I missed about Tesla- instant on screens, ease of opening side mirrors when blacking up, the Pandora like feature on streaming music, and the hatchback. But I can’t wait to get back to the Lucid for the drive, interior luxury, exterior styling, overall fun factor. And oh yeah, getting a call everyday from a friend who says uh, any chance I can stop by and see the new car?

Also, display of inside temperature setting without having to press a button to see it.

A half turn is a LOT of car redirection -- way more than completing an extended lane change. Even with an intersection directional turn, I have to return it manually. I'll try a more aggressive wheel return to see what happens.
Works exactly the same as my other cars. Go to indent 3 flashes and off. Full left or right (up / down) signal continues until a ”turn”

This is non specific. I miss the amount of customization from my other cars. Lucid is mostly off/on. Very little customization of features, behaviors, or appearance of screens.

Oh yea I tested the turn signal. It's only a quarter turn and the signal will disengage!

Back