Homelink rolling code set-up not working

The transmitter in the car must be pretty powerful
You should see the size of its battery, compared to the remote you clip to your sun visor.

Good news to report: even though I programmed the car inside the garage, this morning, when I pulled into the driveway, the HomeLink button came on. happy to see this as I wasn't too keen to re-do the programming.

I followed the instruction from Lucid and below was what I did for my setup:
1- I cleared out the garage and parked the Air inside. Closed the garage door.
2- Turned off any electrical gadgets that could potentially distract me or interfere with the signals.
3- Opened the car’s door and positioned the ladders, with the car's door opened.
4- Got into the car and did the add HomeLink initiation.
5- When the car was ready to accept the signal, I held the remote clicker a couple of inches in front of and below the letter U of the front logo. Garage door now opened. Continued to hold the clicker button until the horn and light blinking.
6- Got into the car and followed the instruction on the screen to the next step.
7- When instructed, I got on the ladder and pressed the Learn button. The pilot light next to the Learn button came on.
8 - Got back into the car immediately, and pressed the TEST HOMELINK button once. Nothing would happen with the garage door at this step. Then pressed the button second time when it was active. Garage door now closed. Waited until the closing was completed then pressed the test button again. Garage door now opened.
9- Confirmed on the screen that it worked.

Now you can painfully repeat the process for any additional garage doors or profiles.

Hope this helps.
Thanks everyone for your advice. The step-by-step by EVCar in particular will be helpful for new owners like me struggling with the process. I finally got through to someone at HomeLink who said to be sure to use branded (Genie) remote to train car (I had started with aftermarket [non-Genie] remote) and to replace batteries because remote must have at least 50% charge to send signal to car. After changing battery and using Genie brand remote, I was finally able to get the Lucid to accept the remote signal and it closed with third try on pilot panel during the 'learn' step. But then the homelink button locked up and is now grayed out. Cannot access homelink at all to try again or reset the system. Tried multiple soft and hard resets of car and spoke with Lucid service who couldn't solve problem by phone and is initiating a service order. Will give f/u after I talk with Lucid service.

Thanks everyone for your advice. The step-by-step by EVCar in particular will be helpful for new owners like me struggling with the process. I finally got through to someone at HomeLink who said to be sure to use branded (Genie) remote to train car (I had started with aftermarket [non-Genie] remote) and to replace batteries because remote must have at least 50% charge to send signal to car. After changing battery and using Genie brand remote, I was finally able to get the Lucid to accept the remote signal and it closed with third try on pilot panel during the 'learn' step. But then the homelink button locked up and is now grayed out. Cannot access homelink at all to try again or reset the system. Tried multiple soft and hard resets of car and spoke with Lucid service who couldn't solve problem by phone and is initiating a service order. Will give f/u after I talk with Lucid service.
HomeLink settings are stored in the user profile (which means if there are two of you with profiles, you have to do this entire sequence for each!) Since it is in the profile, you might have already tried switching to a different profile and then back again. If not, try that, as it reloads your profile settings. This is known as the "Bobby Reset" (tm)

Wanted to give f/u on post above. Lucid Mobile Service eventually had to do a factory reboot— this reset the homelink system and allowed it to be accessed again. His hypothesis was that the Homelink system may have ’maxed out‘ after 15 unsuccessful attempts.

@LuceEd.. I took delivery about the same time and was able to sent up my old Liftmaster garage door opener by following the instructions. I think they say you have 30 seconds to hit the "learn" button on your garage door opener. I find myself running around to make that happen.

The problem I did notice however is that after setting up both my garage door and my wife's garage door successfully, my touring got confused and when I clicked the Homelink button for each garage door it would only open my wife's. Had to delete my entry, do it over and then it worked.
i’m on
Yes, the Liftmaster wall controller has this feature. Makes programming much easier!! I don’t know why Homelink has a 30 second learn limit. 45-60 seconds seems more reasonable. Hopefully the OP can get their door programmed!
Can you please tell me how ?

Back