Homelink rolling code set-up not working

LucEd

Cars
Touring, Cosmos silver
Just took delivery 3d ago and cannot get car to accept signal from door opener to program Homelink. Tried both methods on pilot screen multiple times without success. Called Lucid and they said call door opener manufactuerer who sent generic instructions for non Lucid. Went to Homelink website and they don’t even list Lucid on their website. Any other Ideas?

First Post, great Forum, learned a tremendous amount about car prior to taking delivery from the group. Amazing car so far.

Post the generic instructions

Just took delivery 3d ago and cannot get car to accept signal from door opener to program Homelink. Tried both methods on pilot screen multiple times without success. Called Lucid and they said call door opener manufactuerer who sent generic instructions for non Lucid. Went to Homelink website and they don’t even list Lucid on their website. Any other Ideas?

First Post, great Forum, learned a tremendous amount about car prior to taking delivery from the group. Amazing car so far.
Make sure that the opener you have has fresh batteries and walk us through what you tried that did not work.

@LuceEd.. I took delivery about the same time and was able to sent up my old Liftmaster garage door opener by following the instructions. I think they say you have 30 seconds to hit the "learn" button on your garage door opener. I find myself running around to make that happen.

The problem I did notice however is that after setting up both my garage door and my wife's garage door successfully, my touring got confused and when I clicked the Homelink button for each garage door it would only open my wife's. Had to delete my entry, do it over and then it worked.

I have a Liftmaster 8500 jackshaft opener and got it set up. My handheld remote’s batteries were low as I haven’t touched it in a few years, but after replacing the coin cell batteries which I fortunately had on hand, the vehicle learned the code. My issue was that even though the door was listed in the menu on the Pilot Panel, it wasn’t sshowin in the shortcut In the upper screen. A BobbyReset resolved (switch to guest profile, then back to my profile.

Please post your specific opener and we can try to assist; I had to hit the Learn button on my garage door opener and have my wife in the car ready to set up Homelink, since there wasn’t enough time for me to get off the ladder, get to the car, and click the button.

My car also made a mistake on the programming for the second door. Had to reprogram it in the car.

I followed the instruction from Lucid and below was what I did for my setup:
1- I cleared out the garage and parked the Air inside. Closed the garage door.
2- Turned off any electrical gadgets that could potentially distract me or interfere with the signals.
3- Opened the car’s door and positioned the ladders, with the car's door opened.
4- Got into the car and did the add HomeLink initiation.
5- When the car was ready to accept the signal, I held the remote clicker a couple of inches in front of and below the letter U of the front logo. Garage door now opened. Continued to hold the clicker button until the horn and light blinking.
6- Got into the car and followed the instruction on the screen to the next step.
7- When instructed, I got on the ladder and pressed the Learn button. The pilot light next to the Learn button came on.
8 - Got back into the car immediately, and pressed the TEST HOMELINK button once. Nothing would happen with the garage door at this step. Then pressed the button second time when it was active. Garage door now closed. Waited until the closing was completed then pressed the test button again. Garage door now opened.
9- Confirmed on the screen that it worked.

Now you can painfully repeat the process for any additional garage doors or profiles.

Hope this helps.

You can set some newer garage door openers to Learn mode at the wall switch/console rather than getting up on a ladder. This lets you keep the car in the garage, so that the opener gets a very strong signal from the car, and no more climbing up and down a ladder within a 30-second time limit.

You can set some newer garage door openers to Learn mode at the wall switch/console rather than getting up on a ladder. This lets you keep the car in the garage, so that the opener gets a very strong signal from the car, and no more climbing up and down a ladder within a 30-second time limit.
Yes, the Liftmaster wall controller has this feature. Makes programming much easier!! I don’t know why Homelink has a 30 second learn limit. 45-60 seconds seems more reasonable. Hopefully the OP can get their door programmed!

I followed the instruction from Lucid and below was what I did for my setup:
1- I cleared out the garage and parked the Air inside. Closed the garage door.
2- Turned off any electrical gadgets that could potentially distract me or interfere with the signals.
3- Opened the car’s door and positioned the ladders, with the car's door opened.
4- Got into the car and did the add HomeLink initiation.
5- When the car was ready to accept the signal, I held the remote clicker a couple of inches in front of and below the letter U of the front logo. Garage door now opened. Continued to hold the clicker button until the horn and light blinking.
6- Got into the car and followed the instruction on the screen to the next step.
7- When instructed, I got on the ladder and pressed the Learn button. The pilot light next to the Learn button came on.
8 - Got back into the car immediately, and pressed the TEST HOMELINK button once. Nothing would happen with the garage door at this step. Then pressed the button second time when it was active. Garage door now closed. Waited until the closing was completed then pressed the test button again. Garage door now opened.
9- Confirmed on the screen that it worked.

Now you can painfully repeat the process for any additional garage doors or profiles.

Hope this helps.
Suggestion, don’t park the car inside. Here’s why:
The car will automatically drop the menu for Homelink at the approximate GPS location where you initially programmed the device. If you park your car 100 feet away from the garage, it will drop when there and you can begin opening your garage. By the time you drive to it, it will be open. The geofencing is pretty tight, so put the car where you want the menu to appear, not under the device itself.

The car will automatically drop the menu for Homelink at the approximate GPS location where you initially programmed the device. If you park your car 100 feet away from the garage, it will drop when there and you can begin opening your garage. By the time you drive to it, it will be open. The geofencing is pretty tight, so put the car where you want the menu to appear, not under the device itself.
Great info, but too late for me.
Not sure if I want to mess with this again. Plus I'm under the impression that there's a limit as to how many cars/remotes I can link to my garage door openers, which are like 10 years old.

I avoid the ladder by using a broomstick to press the "Learn" button ....

Great info, but too late for me.
Not sure if I want to mess with this again. Plus I'm under the impression that there's a limit as to how many cars/remotes I can link to my garage door openers, which are like 10 years old.
You can have up to 15 devices on the car. Not sure of the limit of your opener.

I parked in my driveway pointed at the garage door since that is what the instructions said and the sensor is pointing that way. Sitting in the vehicle, I used the remote to set it. I had to click and hold a few times to get it to lock the rolling code. Once it set, it took a few times opening and closing in the vehicle to get it to work immediately. But it works every time now. No issues.

I parked in my driveway pointed at the garage door since that is what the instructions said and the sensor is pointing that way. Sitting in the vehicle, I used the remote to set it. I had to click and hold a few times to get it to lock the rolling code. Once it set, it took a few times opening and closing in the vehicle to get it to work immediately. But it works every time now. No issues.
Yes, indeed that will work. I just want the menu to pop down a little earlier so I can press the button. The transmitter in the car must be pretty powerful… I can press a button from 100 feet away and by the time I get to my gate/garage door, it is fully open.

I setup my old Genie with rolling code. Initiate Homelink setup on pilot panel settings/connectivity. Follow instructions on Pilot Panel. Aim/press your remote on front bumper under the L in the Lucid Logo. This will not work if you have a rolling code. Continue to follow instructions to initiate learn button on your opener. Press three times on the pilot panel. It worked for me. If you tried the D- Program on the Pilot panel setup, it did not work for my rolling code. My experience with Homelink and rolling codes is you have to start with your remote. It won't work. Then you go to learn button and try 3 times. I think it needs to get the remote frequency first. Then learn the rolling code. I did use Customer care to get homelink setup because I failed twice following the D- Program instructions. Good luck.

You can have up to 15 devices on the car. Not sure of the limit of your opener.
Thanks, Bobby.
I'm cutting close to 15, with the Lucid taking up 3 slots. Do you know what will happen once the limit is exceeded? Do the older cars get kicked out or just random?

Thanks, Bobby.
I'm cutting close to 15, with the Lucid taking up 3 slots. Do you know what will happen once the limit is exceeded? Do the older cars get kicked out or just random?
Sorry, to clarify: the car itself can have 15 different Homelink devices in it. I don’t know how many devices your individual opener can have. I just checked mine, it says 99.

Sorry, to clarify: the car itself can have 15 different Homelink devices in it. I don’t know how many devices your individual opener can have. I just checked mine, it says 99.
Got it. Have to look up the limit of my dinosaur opener.

Back