Homelink issue with gate programming

steveairgt

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Hi
I had no problem programming our garage door opener with Homelink. However I was unable to use the same technique with our community gate.

Our gate uses Liftmaster so I assumed it would use the same procedure.

Has anyone else been able to program a gate? Any tips?

FYI I was able to program both on my Tesla Model X.

Thanks

Hi
I had no problem programming our garage door opener with Homelink. However I was unable to use the same technique with our community gate.

Thanks
Mine programmed just fine. You pushed the learn button inside the panel?

Could you elaborate this a little? How do we access anything with the community gate? Do we have to sit in the car kinda blocking traffic entering the gate for a little bit?

In my case, programming our gate to Homelink (Lucid or otherwise) required calling the HOA facility manager to make it work. He uses a different remote control.

Could you elaborate this a little? How do we access anything with the community gate? Do we have to sit in the car kinda blocking traffic entering the gate for a little bit?
Oh yea no idea on that one, this was my personal gate

In my case, programming our gate to Homelink (Lucid or otherwise) required calling the HOA facility manager to make it work. He uses a different remote control.
Our HOA changed the gate and issued new remotes to everyone. Those could not perform a Homelink connection. They had to give us all a programmable remote so we could reprogram our cars. That one worked just fine when I programmed the Lucid.

Hi

Thanks
I’m running into this now. I was able to program my garage door just fine but the community gate wouldn’t work. Have you found a solution?

The facilities person thinks it’s because it’s an old gate but he said Tesla owners were able to program their cars. He said there’s no learn button and I have no idea what to do. Lucid is not even letting me go to the next screen (where you’re supposed to press Program button) because it can’t find the code when I press and hold the remote 2” below the L.

I’m running into this now. I was able to program my garage door just fine but the community gate wouldn’t work. Have you found a solution?

The facilities person thinks it’s because it’s an old gate but he said Tesla owners were able to program their cars. He said there’s no learn button and I have no idea what to do. Lucid is not even letting me go to the next screen (where you’re supposed to press Program button) because it can’t find the code when I press and hold the remote 2” below the L.
Yes I was able to resolve it. This is not explained in the manual anywhere I could find. First of all, I do have the fob for the community gate. When you press the button, the led turns on indicating that its transmitting. The led then goes off after a few seconds (maybe 5-8 seconds or so).

When the pilot panel tells you to go to the front below the Lucid "L", you press and hold the button on the gate fob. When the led goes off, release the button and then press and hold it again to transmit again. Repeat until you hear the car's horn. I think it took me 2-3 button presses.

I did this while sitting near the front gate of our community at a slow time. This way the car will know the GPS location of the gate. Hope this helps. By the way, no LEARN button is required.

Yes I was able to resolve it. This is not explained in the manual anywhere I could find. First of all, I do have the fob for the community gate. When you press the button, the led turns on indicating that its transmitting. The led then goes off after a few seconds (maybe 5-8 seconds or so).

When the pilot panel tells you to go to the front below the Lucid "L", you press and hold the button on the gate fob. When the led goes off, release the button and then press and hold it again to transmit again. Repeat until you hear the car's horn. I think it took me 2-3 button presses.

I did this while sitting near the front gate of our community at a slow time. This way the car will know the GPS location of the gate. Hope this helps. By the way, no LEARN button is required.
Ok. I’m going to give this a try. Thanks

Unfortunately that did not work. going to call lucid customer service team to see if they have any idea.

I just tried this and it worked perfectly. Thanks! The key is that, as you said, there is no need to push a learn/program button on the receiver (and therefore no need for assistance from the HOA or security company). All you need is a remote that is already programmed to operate the gate.

I just tried this and it worked perfectly. Thanks! The key is that, as you said, there is no need to push a learn/program button on the receiver (and therefore no need for assistance from the HOA or security company). All you need is a remote that is already programmed to operate the gate.
Does your remote stops blinking when you press and hold? Mine doesn’t (held it for like 20s) and Lucid keeps failing to find it :(

Does your remote stops blinking when you press and hold? Mine doesn’t (held it for like 20s) and Lucid keeps failing to find it :(
No. The remote did not stop blinking. Instead the horn beeped (signaling success) just a few seconds after I placed the remote beneath the “L” on the front of the car.

No. The remote did not stop blinking. Instead the horn beeped (signaling success) just a few seconds after I placed the remote beneath the “L” on the front of the car.
No such luck for me. Oh well. I’m going to send the model number to lucid next week and see if that helps.

No such luck for me. Oh well. I’m going to send the model number to lucid next week and see if that helps.
My suggestion is to release the button on the remote after about 10 seconds (even though the led is still on) and then press and hold again. Repeat that a few times. That could do it.

My suggestion is to release the button on the remote after about 10 seconds (even though the led is still on) and then press and hold again. Repeat that a few times. That could do it.
I learned that my community gate has DIP switches/programming and is only compatible with remotes that support it. I suppose Lucid doesn't support that? my facilities guy said he has programmed Teslas before. from what i read online, dip switches are old school.

I learned that my community gate has DIP switches/programming and is only compatible with remotes that support it. I suppose Lucid doesn't support that? my facilities guy said he has programmed Teslas before. from what i read online, dip switches are old school.
If it’s compatible with Homelink I think it should work.

For those whose gate code remote transmit signal isn’t being recognized by the Lucid, when I was adding out gate I saw the LED indicating it was transmitting but the car wasn’t picking it up. I changed the battery in the remote and the next time I tried it, worked like a charm!

Back