Highway Assist

Amster

Verified Owner
Cars
ZR Grand Touring
Referral Code
U9GRC6K9
I have a question about the highway assist. I've only had the car two weeks and haven't activated it yet. What I'd like to do is have the car center itself in the lane, but let me control the speed. Does the Lucid have a mode like that? How do I set it up?

I have a question about the highway assist. I've only had the car two weeks and haven't activated it yet. What I'd like to do is have the car center itself in the lane, but let me control the speed. Does the Lucid have a mode like that? How do I set it up?
That sounds very dangerous!

That sounds very dangerous!
Do you mean normal driving plus lane assist? Dangerous indeed.

As to the question, no this does not exist for Lucid or any other car that I'm aware of.

Do you mean normal driving plus lane assist? Dangerous indeed.

As to the question, no this does not exist for Lucid or any other car that I'm aware of.
Actually it does exist, and that is why I was asking about it before I got the Lucid. Hondas, at least the Accord and Clarity, have Cruise Control and LKAS (Lane Keeping Assist). You can operate them together or independently. I would usually drive on the freeway with the LKAS on as a backup. I was steering and controlling the speed, like normal driving, but it was nice that if I reached over for my water bottle and took my hands off the wheel for half a second that the car would stay in the lane by itself. There was an indicator on the dash to let you know it was functioning.

Actually it does exist, and that is why I was asking about it before I got the Lucid. Hondas, at least the Accord and Clarity, have Cruise Control and LKAS (Lane Keeping Assist). You can operate them together or independently. I would usually drive on the freeway with the LKAS on as a backup. I was steering and controlling the speed, like normal driving, but it was nice that if I reached over for my water bottle and took my hands off the wheel for half a second that the car would stay in the lane by itself. There was an indicator on the dash to let you know it was functioning.
If you want to do that, then the Lucid is much less aggressive about wheel input vs older versions. While I don't advise, I've completely turned around to figure out fussy children or eat a sandwich with both hands.

You can set Highway Assist to a low speed then override to the desired speed plus wiggle room. Hope this helps.

I use it for freeway/turnpike drives where traffic is fairly smooth and open. If the Turnpike or GSP become full with frequent slowdowns to a near stop, I turn it off. JoeC consistently reminds us that the manual warns us about its limitations. I believe those limitations can and should be addressed. My Lincoln (2013) with its ten year old technology based adaptive cruise control handles these specific situations better than my Touring. Otherwise, I find this car an incredible drive.

ty all. found the eye monitor today and tried a soft reset. will be on the highway tomorrow to see if reset helps. otherwise i will call service. glad to hear it's not normal.

I use it for freeway/turnpike drives where traffic is fairly smooth and open. If the Turnpike or GSP become full with frequent slowdowns to a near stop, I turn it off. JoeC consistently reminds us that the manual warns us about its limitations. I believe those limitations can and should be addressed. My Lincoln (2013) with its ten year old technology based adaptive cruise control handles these specific situations better than my Touring. Otherwise, I find this car an incredible drive.
This will be addressed in future versions with the addition of Traffic Jam Assist, but the timeline is not public.

Also, please avoid the "my 10 year old XXX car does it better" narrative. Check guidelines for more information about this.

Back