Highway Assist & Traffic Jam Assist

Reviving an old thread now that 2.0 is rolling out…

Is highway assist (HA) functionally the same as traffic jam assist (TJA) in 2.0? In their marketing materials way back when, Lucid differentiates but says both highway assist and traffic jam assist are part of the same group of highway assist features.

The Highway Assist group of features is designed to help drivers stay safe, while also making the Lucid Air even more delightful to drive. Highway Assist blends adaptive cruise control and lane centering control to help keep the Lucid Air right where it belongs on the freeway, at a safe distance from the vehicle ahead and other lanes. Traffic Jam Assist operates at speeds between 0 and 40 miles per hour, aiding in centering the vehicle when lane lines are occluded by close traffic. For vehicles equipped with DreamDrive Pro, further functions for Highway Assist are already in development.

Has anyone seen if HA works in stop & go traffic? Per @borski, HA will now stay active even if there aren’t lane markings as long as there is a car in front of you, which implies that TJA should work.

Per @hydbob, stop and go traffic still requires intervention.

I
Reviving an old thread now that 2.0 is rolling out…

Is highway assist (HA) functionally the same as traffic jam assist (TJA) in 2.0? In their marketing materials way back when, Lucid differentiates but says both highway assist and traffic jam assist are part of the same group of highway assist features.

The Highway Assist group of features is designed to help drivers stay safe, while also making the Lucid Air even more delightful to drive. Highway Assist blends adaptive cruise control and lane centering control to help keep the Lucid Air right where it belongs on the freeway, at a safe distance from the vehicle ahead and other lanes. Traffic Jam Assist operates at speeds between 0 and 40 miles per hour, aiding in centering the vehicle when lane lines are occluded by close traffic. For vehicles equipped with DreamDrive Pro, further functions for Highway Assist are already in development.

Has anyone seen if HA works in stop & go traffic? Per @borski, HA will now stay active even if there aren’t lane markings as long as there is a car in front of you, which implies that TJA should work.
I had tried in my car and it seems to work so far even though still needs a lot of improvements. One of the things I had notice is that when you are getting close to another car, car don’t fully stop and the emergency brake light ones on and if you don’t hit the brake pedal you will end up rear ending someone else if someone doesn’t rear end you because of the sudden stop. Had happened to me twice so don’t trusted too much. Being more careful.

Back