Highway Assist Lane Centering

Neurio . Yes. However, I wonder why Lucid spent time and money on driverless driving. If it was a marketing gimmick it's failed. Is Peter still under the influence of Elon? I had the impression that Peter was a car guy, so why he felt the need for HA boggles me, unless the marketing people convinced him.

If I could buy the same car without any self-driving I'd go there first. If you are so bored/tired you need a computer to drive for you: pull over.

Name one feature more important than fixing the automated drive features.
I am perfectly happy with the automated driving features as-is. I have no problem changing lanes and entering/exiting roadways. I do not want FSD, because I have used it and it has tried to kill me enough times to convince me it does not want to be used.

I don't use it either, not because I don't want it, but because it doesn't work. EVEN YOU might use it if it worked. Thanks for making my point!
Watch your tone, please. That is not how we converse here, and this kind of cynical remark is explicitly against the guidelines. Please read them.

Neurio . Yes. However, I wonder why Lucid spent time and money on driverless driving. If it was a marketing gimmick it's failed. Is Peter still under the influence of Elon? I had the impression that Peter was a car guy, so why he felt the need for HA boggles me, unless the marketing people convinced him.

If I could buy the same car without any self-driving I'd go there first. If you are so bored/tired you need a computer to drive for you: pull over.
You have beat this drum plenty, @Cosmo Cruz, so I'm now asking you to stop beating it. We've heard you. You'll never use HA. Cool.

I enjoy HA, particularly for long road trips, where I just need it to keep me straight on the highway and let me breathe a bit. That doesn't mean I don't like to drive the car at other times. Both of these things can be true.

I don't use it either, not because I don't want it, but because it doesn't work. EVEN YOU might use it if it worked. Thanks for making my point!
Not quite what I meant but OK.

100% agree. After getting used to FSD/AP, it's hard for me to go back to these early gen LKA systems. I willingly took a Lucid without DDPro because i'd rather drive a fun car than monitor such a poor system. The steering alignment and stability is quite good too, so you don't really have to micro-correct the wheel all too much anyway.

The adaptive cruise works well enough, but i don't like how you activate it. It will activate at like the speed limit i think? if you turn it on when you get on the freeway, and then you have to click the up button like 10 times to get it to an appropriate cruising speed. The button to go up and down is also incredibly distracting and hard to use, wish it was just a slider like most other cars. If they had a speed limit offset and a one-click activate that would make it more usable

...The adaptive cruise works well enough, but i don't like how you activate it. It will activate at like the speed limit i think?...
My recollection is that it activates at whatever speed you are currently traveling. On entering the freeway, I accelerate to my intended speed and then turn it on.

My recollection is that it activates at whatever speed you are currently traveling.
oh ok right yea goes to show how little i use it lol, but yea it's whatever speed you're traveling at, but if the speed limit changes it will suggest you to change to that new speed limit. Which is ALSO completely pointless. I don't know who actually drives the speed limit on freeways

oh ok right yea goes to show how little i use it lol, but yea it's whatever speed you're traveling at, but if the speed limit changes it will suggest you to change to that new speed limit. Which is ALSO completely pointless. I don't know who actually drives the speed limit on freeways
An offset sounds good, but I don't trust either of our cars' reading of the speed limit signs. They seem to get it very wrong about 10% of the time - 35mph on the freeway!

The adaptive cruise works well enough, but i don't like how you activate it. It will activate at like the speed limit i think? if you turn it on when you get on the freeway, and then you have to click the up button like 10 times to get it to an appropriate cruising speed. The button to go up and down is also incredibly distracting and hard to use, wish it was just a slider like most other cars. If they had a speed limit offset and a one-click activate that would make it more usable

It helps to read the manual. Or do a quick search here.

To activate the system, press the bottom left button on the steering wheel, and then when you are at the speed you desire, just click the left rocker button on the wheel.

You can swap between ACC and HA easily by holding down the bottom left button on the steering wheel once the system is active.

To increase speed on ACC or HA, push the left rocker switch up once. To go up in 5 mph increments, just push up on that rocker and keep holding.

If you have to disengage the system and want to go back to the last speed you were set to, just push up on the left rocker.

That is exactly the way I feel. I ended up without DDPro, although I assumed that all DD systems would include lane centering, which is available at low or no-cost for most models. I assumed DDPro would be a long haul, having experienced Tesla’s wobbly ramp-up on EAP. But I already prefer the adaptive cruise feature in Lucid over Tesla’s EAP with lane centering precisely because I keep a finger/hand on the wheel at all times and that’s all I need to keep it centered. Lucid’s adaptive cruise also slows down evenly more like a human driver would.

But Lucid really has to fix the way adaptive cruise sets its initial speed limit, which as @momo3605 nicely points out, requires a series of up motions (or holding it in the up position for a while) and that is truly inelegant. Not sure what the rationale is?

It helps to read the manual. Or do a quick search here.

To activate the system, press the bottom left button on the steering wheel, and then when you are at the speed you desire, just click the left rocker button on the wheel.

You can swap between ACC and HA easily by holding down the bottom left button on the steering wheel once the system is active.

To increase speed on ACC or HA, push the left rocker switch up once. To go up in 5 mph increments, just push up on that rocker and keep holding.

If you have to disengage the system and want to go back to the last speed you were set to, just push up on the left rocker.

I am aware of all this. It's just a lot of clicks, and the rocker switches are not good. I haven't quite nailed getting it to go up in 5mph increments. If i hold it for like 1 second it does nothing, if i hold it for a little longer it'll start jumping 5,10,15 over super fast and before you know it's already at 90 (oops). I am getting a new steering wheel in a week, hopefully they've improved the fluidity and effort of pushing that rocker up and down, it's alot of thumb calories burned over a simple slider 😂

But Lucid really has to fix the way adaptive cruise sets its initial speed limit, which as @momo3605 nicely points out, requires a series of up motions (or holding it in the up position for a while) and that is truly inelegant. Not sure what the rationale is?
I don't think there is any rationale. Lucid has a mountain of feature improvements that people have been demanding. I think they just went with the default way OEMs do cruise control, and haven't really prioritized changing it. If I were to guess, they may revisit it, and package it up for if and when they actually release some updates to DDP, "Highway Pilot", lane changes, etc...

I don't think there is any rationale. Lucid has a mountain of feature improvements that people have been demanding. I think they just went with the default way OEMs do cruise control, and haven't really prioritized changing it. If I were to guess, they may revisit it, and package it up for if and when they actually release some updates to DDP, "Highway Pilot", lane changes, etc...
I am not sure what you two are talking about but two button presses does not seem inelegant or excessive calorie burn.

I am not sure what you two are talking about but two button presses does not seem inelegant or excessive calorie burn.
it's not two button presses. It's two button presses, then pushing up a million times to get to an appropriate cruising speed.

it's not two button presses. It's two button presses, then pushing up a million times to get to an appropriate cruising speed.
We will have to agree to disagree because I find it both safer and more elegant to accelerate to my speed before setting ACC/HA so yes it is two button presses.

We will have to agree to disagree because I find it both safer and more elegant to accelerate to my speed before setting ACC/HA so yes it is two button presses.
How is that more elegant than having it automatically going to +5/+10 speed limit offset and never having to think about it? Many times you merge on the freeway and there may be traffic, but over a longer distance your speed may increase. You can't speed up to 70/75 safely to turn on ACC/HA in these cases.

Okay, but you're being extremely pedantic here.

99% of the time, I'm cruising along on the highway at the speed I want already. Then I press two buttons, as @Adnillien said, and I'm all set. If I need to make an adjustment, like I told you already, it's just a matter of pushing and holding the left rocker. If that's too difficult for you, I'd suggest taking up a musical instrument, or playing some video games, or something. Anything to help your fine motor skills. Because it's not at all difficult to master that.

If that's too difficult for you, I'd suggest taking up a musical instrument, or playing some video games, or something. Anything to help your fine motor skills.
This sounds like a violation of the forum guidelines, not the right way to discuss disagreements imo

How is that more elegant than having it automatically going to +5/+10 speed limit offset and never having to think about it? Many times you merge on the freeway and there may be traffic, but over a longer distance your speed may increase. You can't speed up to 70/75 safely to turn on ACC/HA in these cases.
EVERY SINGLE CAR I have ever used can set cruise the EXACT same way Lucid does it. Get up to speed, turn on cruise, set your speed. I have no idea what there is to argue/comment about in this thread about how Lucid is doing something inelegant/incorrect/whatever you are trying to say. Also, it's CRUISE CONTROL, not merge on the freeway, turn on cruise (when you aren't actually cruising) and forget about it. Seriously, what is going on in this thread is an old man shouting at a cloud for existing in his view.

This sounds like a violation of the forum guidelines, not the right way to discuss disagreements imo

Fair point. That wasn't kind. I'm just trying to give you some helpful hints, since you said you don't get how Lucid's ACC works. There are real differences between cars when it comes to this stuff, and Lucid made some different choices. You seem to think they made the wrong choices. The rest of us just see them as different choices.

We're not "discussing" anything, by the way. Some of us are trying to offer a valid, different point of view. And you are simply ignoring them and repeating your point of view over and over in hopes we'll give up and tell you you are right. That's not a discussion. It's a lecture.

If you're wondering why many of us are getting frustrated with you about this stuff, there's your reason.

Fair point. That wasn't kind. I'm just trying to give you some helpful hints, since you said you don't get how Lucid's ACC works. There are real differences between cars when it comes to this stuff, and Lucid made some different choices. You seem to think they made the wrong choices. The rest of us just see them as different choices.

We're not "discussing" anything, by the way. Some of us are trying to offer a valid, different point of view. And you are simply ignoring them and repeating your point of view over and over in hopes we'll give up and tell you you are right. That's not a discussion. It's a lecture.

If you're wondering why many of us are getting frustrated with you about this stuff, there's your reason.
Why exactly are you engaging in this thread then? Actually seems like you're the one lecturing if you're not open to discussion. There are others that are making valuable comments, and then you and hydbob come in here saying "you guys are dumb, my old 96 corolla activates cruise control the same way, why should lucid change it". This is a forum, these threads are separated for a reason. If you don't find the discussion valuable, then why are you even commenting here? I don't see anyone else getting frustrated other than you mods.

Back