High Beam Assist: Improved Target Detection

Israel

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Tourning
High Beam Assist: Anyone familiar with this feature? I recently upgraded to version 2.4x and noticed the patch notes mentioning improved target detection, which excited me as it might be similar to Audi's Matrix LED lighting system.

This system:

•⁠ ⁠Keeps high beams on while selectively shutting off LEDs for oncoming traffic
•⁠ ⁠Adjusts LED patterns to avoid reflecting off signage, reducing glare

Having had this feature on my previous Audi, I know how valuable it is, especially for drivers like myself who frequently navigate dark roads with deer crossings. If Lucid implements this, it would be fantastic!

Does anyone have insights on Lucid's High Beam Assist capabilities?

It does not turn on automatically. Engage the high beams by pushing the stalk, and from that point, as long as you have the setting turned on in settings, it should do the right thing.

It does not turn on automatically. Engage the high beams by pushing the stalk, and from that point, as long as you have the setting turned on in settings, it should do the right thing.
Thanks Joe.

High Beam Assist: Anyone familiar with this feature? I recently upgraded to version 2.4x and noticed the patch notes mentioning improved target detection, which excited me as it might be similar to Audi's Matrix LED lighting system.

This system:

•⁠ ⁠Keeps high beams on while selectively shutting off LEDs for oncoming traffic
•⁠ ⁠Adjusts LED patterns to avoid reflecting off signage, reducing glare

Having had this feature on my previous Audi, I know how valuable it is, especially for drivers like myself who frequently navigate dark roads with deer crossings. If Lucid implements this, it would be fantastic!

Does anyone have insights on Lucid's High Beam Assist capabilities?
I use it routinely on darker, windy roads. I can confirm that it's quicker to dim the lights with oncoming traffic now than prior to the update.

As Joe said, you engage the high beams as you normally would...the auto-dimming is a configurable setting in the menus, it's not something you do every time.

I do recall there were times where highly reflective signs (such as those on the edge of the road during corners) would trick the system into thinking there was oncoming traffic due to the reflection of your own lights. Not sure if that has improved or not, would have to test more, but I know for sure that it's dimming the lights sooner than it used to in the of oncoming traffic.

Thank you for your input! I appreciate your clarification on the automatic high beam feature. However, my question specifically relates to whether Lucid's High Beam Assist offers advanced capabilities similar to Audi's Matrix LED system, such as:

•⁠ ⁠Selective LED shutdown for oncoming traffic
•⁠ ⁠Adaptive LED pattern adjustment to avoid signage glare
•⁠ ⁠Maintaining high beams without fully dimming

Hope someone can shed more light on this.

Attachments

• IMG_0154.webp
    IMG_0154.webp
    111.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Thank you for your input! I appreciate your clarification on the automatic high beam feature. However, my question specifically relates to whether Lucid's High Beam Assist offers advanced capabilities similar to Audi's Matrix LED system, such as:

I think the first two of those features would be wildly difficult to implement in the first place... and even more so as add-ons. As I understand it, Lucid's approach is to have dark spots built into the headlamps, such that their 'darkness' is targeted toward both the windshields of oncoming traffic and the rear and side view mirrors of the traffic you are following. I'm guessing that this is at least some of the target detection they are mentioning.

I have always been impressed with how well the car illuminates the road in many conditions without me ever being 'flashed' by oncoming traffic.

Have not seen anything that would indicate Lucid has a matrix LED system - physically you have to actually have a matrix to do this. If the Air's lights are a matrix, they haven't mentioned it anywhere that I've seen, but I surely haven't seen everything.

I don’t believe the Air headlights are Matrix so they’re not smart enough to turn off specific LED’s to avoid blinding oncoming drivers while still keeping the surrounding area lit up like a christmas tree.

For the size of the headlights though, the Lucid lights are certainly impressive, just not Matrix.

Lucid uses a micro lens array with I believe 10 segments. There is some ability to adapt to oncoming cars but limited. The lights do adapt to steering input to better light the road in turns.

Lucid uses a micro lens array with I believe 10 segments. There is some ability to adapt to oncoming cars but limited. The lights do adapt to steering input to better light the road in turns.
Do they? I always noticed that in my other vehicles, but I don't notice it in the Lucid. I do notice the Lucid lights up the sides all the time a lot more than most headlights.

Back