Hello from Katy, Texas!

My mistake as I thought that the Dream 19" wheels was known as the Dream Range and the 21" as the Dream Performance.

Lucid Air Dream Edition​

October 26, 2021 / 3:09 PM
Dream Edition Performance, Zenith Red, Santa Monica Interior, 19" Aero Range Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain.

Appreciate it man…My wife think I should keep my car and wait on that new Audi A6 Etro….Not a big Audi fan…No rush….Just whenever it’s convenient for you…I actually live pretty close to Grand Parkway and 59 area….I believe Lucid is opening a a design studio in the Galleria this Summer. I am pretty tall and want to make sure I fit in the car 😀
So what are your thoughts on the car? Ride? Road noise? Comfort?
I haven’t drove much, only put up 393 miles, mostly freeway. This car is just ridiculous fast. I got to 135mph on I-10 Katy around midnight, from 60 to 100 is a breeze, couple times 110mph in later afternoon 59 to Rosenberg area. 819 HP is good enough for me despite I wish I made the DE cut. I wasn’t sure to get 19” or 21”. Sales adviser suggested to me go for 21” as industry’s highest range has no problem to sacrifice 10% range and will be better performance. I haven’t experienced any pot hole yet, people on this forum said 19” is better and smoother for city roads, so hope I don’t regret this 21” decision down the road. I have a lifted F-250 and Wrangler, so personally I like bigger tires for aggressive look.

I didn’t experience much road noise, probably bc I’m not on the city roads enough. I like interior upscale fabric and ventilated seats, software is primitive at this point, just functional and I have faith they will keep improving OAU; hardware, it’s just a beast with lots things waiting to be implemented and refined by software down the road.

I haven’t drove much, only put up 393 miles, mostly freeway. This car is just ridiculous fast. I got to 135mph on I-10 Katy around midnight, from 60 to 100 is a breeze, couple times 110mph in later afternoon 59 to Rosenberg area. 819 HP is good enough for me despite I wish I made the DE cut. I wasn’t sure to get 19” or 21”. Sales adviser suggested to me go for 21” as industry’s highest range has no problem to sacrifice 10% range and will be better performance. I haven’t experienced any pot hole yet, people on this forum said 19” is better and smoother for city roads, so hope I don’t regret this 21” decision down the road. I have a lifted F-250 and Wrangler, so personally I like bigger tires for aggressive look.

I didn’t experience much road noise, probably bc I’m not on the city roads enough. I like interior upscale fabric and ventilated seats, software is primitive at this point, just functional and I have faith they will keep improving OAU; hardware, it’s just a beast with lots things waiting to be implemented and refined by software down the road.
Nice..I felt the same way when I went from a Infiniti Q50 to my Tesla last year…Evs are the way to go man…..I am glad you are happy with the car….Just send me email whenever you are done with your PFF install…Definitely would like to check it out in person.
I decided to order the Pure with the Awd option because I wanted to keep the price before TTL under $100k 😎…I am not interested in the getting the all glass roof..I have it now in My Tesla and having some issues with this Texas heat 😔…I don’t need the surreal sound because I wanted to transfer my Morel sound system into the new car…Ventilated seats would be nice but not needed….

Nice..I felt the same way when I went from a Infiniti Q50 to my Tesla last year…Evs are the way to go man…..I am glad you are happy with the car….Just send me email whenever you are done with your PFF install…Definitely would like to check it out in person.
I decided to order the Pure with the Awd option because I wanted to keep the price before TTL under $100k 😎…I am not interested in the getting the all glass roof..I have it now in My Tesla and having some issues with this Texas heat 😔…I don’t need the surreal sound because I wanted to transfer my Morel sound system into the new car…Ventilated seats would be nice but not needed….
Regardless how you configure, you wouldn’t be disappointed of its performance. Glass I’ve heard shield more heat than earlier Tesla, but I don’t know yet until I go out and experience Houston summer. Bc of price hike, I reserve Pure as well couple days ago. We need more car as kids going to college and take our old cars away from us.

Last edited:
Regardless how you configure, you wouldn’t be disappointed of its performance. Glass I’ve heard shield more hear than earlier Tesla, but I don’t know yet until I go out and experience Houston summer. Bc of price hike, I reserve Pure as well couple days ago. We need more car as kids going to college and take our old cars away from us.
GM…I was following up to see if you got your vehicle back from the PPF shop…If you are ever in the Stafford, Sugarland area , I would like to see the car in person…I work over at Sterling Mccall Nissan…I know , I get a lot grief from my coworkers for not owning a Nissan Leaf 😁
I am even tempted to upgrade my reservation to the touring trim so that I can get the car a little sooner….

GM…I was following up to see if you got your vehicle back from the PPF shop…If you are ever in the Stafford, Sugarland area , I would like to see the car in person…I work over at Sterling Mccall Nissan…I know , I get a lot grief from my coworkers for not owning a Nissan Leaf 😁
I am even tempted to upgrade my reservation to the touring trim so that I can get the car a little sooner….
2 more days… I am feeling so deprived. I get euphoric whenever I get behind this wheel, very confident on the road, but heart pounding cautious too.

2 more days… I am feeling so deprived. I get euphoric whenever I get behind this wheel, very confident on the road, but heart pounding cautious too.
I know the feeling …when I bought my Tesla last year…I only had it for about 3 days before giving it to my audio guy to upgrade the week factory stereo system. He had my car for about 3 weeks…I had to borrow a coworker’s Nissan Leaf to get around..Those 3 weeks was rough man 😵‍💫

good day…Not sure if you
not sure if you got back your car back yet..But If you happen to be in the STAFFORD area …Swing by the dealership..I would love to check the car in person if you have time 😎

good day…Not sure if you

not sure if you got back your car back yet..But If you happen to be in the STAFFORD area …Swing by the dealership..I would love to check the car in person if you have time 😎
I just got back. I’ll find time to swing by. But I must be out of town for 2 days now.

I just got back. I’ll find time to swing by. But I must be out of town for 2 days now.
No worries..not sure if I am allowed to post my cell on here 😎….Just let me know through the forum…Thanks.

No worries..not sure if I am allowed to post my cell on here 😎….Just let me know through the forum…Thanks.
DM you. I’m running errands with Lucid today in that area.

We can get together and compare the chips and cracks in our windshields! I seem to average two windshield replacements per year, since moving to Houston!!
I am in Plano therefore I will not comment on Houstonians and my sister lives there 😝. Not my favorite place to drive. That was one reason I do not like that whole glass dome but someone told me a replacement was 1500$ which is OK because most higher end car windshield replacement costs 600-800 or for the real exotics I have no clue but much higher especially if you have the HUD built in.

I am in Plano therefore I will not comment on Houstonians and my sister lives there 😝. Not my favorite place to drive. That was one reason I do not like that whole glass dome but someone told me a replacement was 1500$ which is OK because most higher end car windshield replacement costs 600-800 or for the real exotics I have no clue but much higher especially if you have the HUD built in.
I was at Plano exact this time last week. I might be there tomorrow. I’m going to Austin with AGT to see my buddy. 😆

I’m here at Sterling McCall Nissan. 😎
DM’d you.

Attachments

• 8612D0C6-892A-40AC-8B31-A662F9C63F32.jpeg
    8612D0C6-892A-40AC-8B31-A662F9C63F32.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 85
I’m here at Sterling McCall Nissan. 😎
DM’d you.
Bad idea don’t know who you are, your co workers are surrounding my AGT. 😆

Guys and Gals…I want to give a big shout out to Tesla 2.0…He was super nice enough to swing by my job for me to check out his Lucid in person..I was 100% blown away by the vehicle …Its a beautiful looking car and very elegant….I am a complete stranger , but he welcomed me like we have know each other for many years ..A true class act …..I am even more excited now and can’t wait to get my car….Hands down from what I saw and test drove today, this is much superior product compared to my Tesla…:cool:..

52C0A6CB-5C4E-4062-A451-2D7E4552B5FD.jpeg

6B9588AE-E6E4-4599-B1DE-FC32BB3368C0.jpeg

Well, my DE already has its first Houston windshield chip!

We should start a Houston area Lucid group.
I too was sadden when I scratched my rear passenger rim a little on the hilly Austin shopping center curb couple nights ago.

I too was sadden when I scratched my rear passenger rim a little on the hilly Austin shopping center curb couple nights ago.
It’s a shame they don’t offer PPF for rims 😵‍💫….I have had my share of damaged rims over the years…I decided to stay with the Pure AWD with the DreamDrive Pro option…The aircon seats and nicer leather and the extra HP was tempting but the queen wanted me to keep every under $100k before the tax incentive 😃
Thanks For the Bank Of America info..I was under the impression I had to pay cash for the car since Lucid does not offer any kind of financing. The way the used car market is now and assuming I get the new car Q2 of next year, I should be able to get good money for my model S which will help with the total amount financed.

It’s a shame they don’t offer PPF for rims 😵‍💫….I have had my share of damaged rims over the years…I decided to stay with the Pure AWD with the DreamDrive Pro option…The aircon seats and nicer leather and the extra HP was tempting but the queen wanted me to keep every under $100k before the tax incentive 😃
Thanks For the Bank Of America info..I was under the impression I had to pay cash for the car since Lucid does not offer any kind of financing. The way the used car market is now and assuming I get the new car Q2 of next year, I should be able to get good money for my model S which will help with the total amount financed.
Try PENFED. Much better rates than BofA and for longer terms. They have some branches in Texas but do most everything online. I called and received a decision in 2 days and the check was in the mail by day4 and it is in my possession now. That could be the only negative where you have to endorse the check and send it in to Lucid unless you re taking delivery at a service Center.

Back