Hello from Katy, Texas!

I’m not putting the plate in front until I get ticketed. I got ticketed of my VW in the past.
Yeah, It does say we need 2 but it has been 3 years with one on my QX80 🤞. I think that ticket is not a lot of $$ so I agree only put it if stopped. I think someone said if necessary keep it in the car and put it in the front window of stopped supposedly that is legal if variable 🤔🤔🤔🙈

What is the process on the special plates in Texas. I know there is a site to order but do they ask you for the VIN or do you have to show the temporary paper plates first?
You can order then swap that special plate with any car you have at county tax-assessor office for sticker.

Yeah, It does say we need 2 but it has been 3 years with one on my QX80 🤞. I think that ticket is not a lot of $$ so I agree only put it if stopped. I think someone said if necessary keep it in the car and put it in the front window of stopped supposedly that is legal if variable 🤔🤔🤔🙈
I might try one of the vinyl stick on plates if I can match the car's red somewhat so that it's not that noticeable.

BTW, I bought my C8 Corvette from a Texas dealer and there was only one plate on it. When I asked I was told "we don't put front plates on Corvettes!" :cool:

Good morning. New future owner here from Rosenberg Texas (South of I59/69). About to finalize my Air Touring order today.

I have a question for Texas owners. How does the 19” compare to the 20/21 inch for you, especially driving here in the Texas /Houston area?

Also, did you do any PPF and glass tinting after you took delivery of your Lucid and what are the main benefits? Seeing it may cost an additional $8k just for that.

Thanks

Good morning. New future owner here from Rosenberg Texas (South of I59/69). About to finalize my Air Touring order today.

I have a question for Texas owners. How does the 19” compare to the 20/21 inch for you, especially driving here in the Texas /Houston area?

Also, did you do any PPF and glass tinting after you took delivery of your Lucid and what are the main benefits? Seeing it may cost an additional $8k just for that.

Thanks
Congratulations!

There are a lot of posts on wheels and tires for you to look at. I have a Dream Edition Performance but with 19" wheels. I like the wheel style and have found on other cars that the lower profile tires ride rougher but it's a personal preference.

Also, a lot of posts on PPF. I had Gulf Coast Auto Shield install PPF, ceramic coating and some window tint.

I had a K40 radar detector installed by Houston Cartronics. Their built-in system is pricey, but I like it.

Congratulations!
I had a K40 radar detector installed by Houston Cartronics. Their built-in system is pricey, but I like it.
Is it attached to your car as custom solution? Do you have picture? I am looking for installation.

Thanks
Congrats!

19” is more practical, safe from tire bulging, comfort and more range.

20”/21” are more for look and performance enhancement sacrificing range.

Congrats!

Thanks and well appreciated. A bit nervous and anxious at the same time...lol. Definitely wants to get it right and not have buyer's remorse once I hit the "Order" button.

Congrats!

I'll send @Tesla2.0 on the pros/cons re: tire size. Given the suboptimal roads as well as level of construction in the Austin area, it was an easy decision for me to go with 19", even though I do like the look of the 21" wheels. I'm getting the rims/calipers powder coated in addition to other things to give it a little more stealth/aggressive look and will share pics when done.

Congratulations!

There are a lot of posts on wheels and tires for you to look at. I have a Dream Edition Performance but with 19" wheels. I like the wheel style and have found on other cars that the lower profile tires ride rougher but it's a personal preference.

Also, a lot of posts on PPF. I had Gulf Coast Auto Shield install PPF, ceramic coating and some window tint.

Thanks. That’s what the SR recommended as well to go with 19”. Only reason I was having second thoughts was because we don’t typically have harsh weather/ snow/ice here in the greater Houston area. So I was thinking why not enjoy the summer tires. But given all that I have read so have, besides aesthetics, don’t appear the 21” tires provide much benefit.

Does PPF really protect the body from scratches and how does it impact the Lucid warranty? Anyone knows?

In addition, did you tint the full glass canopy roof all the way?

Thanks
I did mine from AFS, next door to Lucid Service Center.

Here is boss lady’s personal number.
916-477-1266
Korn

You can tell her George sent you.

I’m heading back this week for PPF film curing follow up.
F

Thanks
Welcome bro….I am not too far from your location…I am closer to grand parkway and 59…You should go by the Lucid Houston service center and see all the different wheel sizes …I decided to change my order even after finalizing earlier this month from Cosmos Silver to the Quantum Gray with the 20” wheels and Mojave interior. The service manager is pretty cool and would allow you to check out the different cars on the lot…However he will not allow you to get inside the cars 😞
they are off airtex and 45….

98CB172F-9892-462E-B5D6-1BC8AF27F25B.jpeg

Welcome bro….I am not too far from your location…I am closer to grand parkway and 59…You should go by the Lucid Houston service center and see all the different wheel sizes …I decided to change my order even after finalizing earlier this month from Cosmos Silver to the Quantum Gray with the 20” wheels and Mojave interior. The service manager is pretty cool and would allow you to check out the different cars on the lot…However he will not allow you to get inside the cars 😞
they are off airtex and 45….

View attachment 6805
Awesome. So, did you have any concern with the 19” when you saw it life? Looks like most folks are recommending sticking with the 19” due to it being suitable for all weather and its durability. Just trying to avoid risking aesthetics for durability and utility.

Thanks and well appreciated. A bit nervous and anxious at the same time...lol. Definitely wants to get it right and not have buyer's remorse once I hit the "Order" button.
Even if you buy the set you don’t like, you can buy another set and keep original set for swap or sell them online. Lucid mobile van can come out help you swap tires with fee.

Thanks. That’s what the SR recommended as well to go with 19”. Only reason I was having second thoughts was because we don’t typically have harsh weather/ snow/ice here in the greater Houston area. So I was thinking why not enjoy the summer tires. But given all that I have read so have, besides aesthetics, don’t appear the 21” tires provide much benefit.
I live in same county as you. I got my AGT in April, I had no issue with 21”, just have to be more aware of curb bc tires have low profile. And last weekend going to Austin, I was concerned about weather as tires are only graded to 45F, weather was 46F ~ 49F had me anxious monitoring air pressure all time.
Awesome. So, did you have any concern with the 19” when you saw it life? Looks like most folks are recommending sticking with the 19” due to it being suitable for all weather and its durability. Just trying to avoid risking aesthetics for durability and utility.
If you drive this car leisurely only, then 21”; if all the time, or frequent road trips, 19”.

When I got the car, 20” wasn’t out yet, now seeing 20” rim, I really like that rim. I also hope someday Michelin will do 21” all-season tires for this factory rim. But that is a big IF.

I currently have 20s on my Tesla Model S and was very fortunate not to have any issues with rims..I did curb rash the back tire last year, but never got around to get it repaired since I plan to sell the car ( $90 repair) . I saw the 19s on a GT model at the service center and did not really the looks….My model s is a 2018 model and at 85% charge I am getting about 200 miles…Fully charged at 100% is about 237 miles…..After getting use to the range, the Lucid touring with the 20” wheels should be about 385 miles at 100% or more ( my guesstimate since the 19” will be 425 miles)
So for me aesthetics is more important than range 😊 Again just take a trip up the service center and check it out to make your decision..And FYI you can change your order once you finalize…

I currently have 20s on my Tesla Model S and was very fortunate not to have any issues with rims..I did curb rash the back tire last year, but never got around to get it repaired since I plan to sell the car ( $90 repair) . I saw the 19s on a GT model at the service center and did not really the looks….My model s is a 2018 model and at 85% charge I am getting about 200 miles…Fully charged at 100% is about 237 miles…..After getting use to the range, the Lucid touring with the 20” wheels should be about 385 miles at 100% or more ( my guesstimate since the 19” will be 425 miles)
So for me aesthetics is more important than range 😊 Again just take a trip up the service center and check it out to make your decision..And FYI you can change your order once you finalize…
If that 20” is all season tires too, I would change in heartbeat. Right now I’m sitting on 21” and on fence for 19”.

Who knows, maybe late next years, more tires options will come up. Lucid is adding many new contents every month. I only own this car for 7 months, last 3 months have drastic progress.

Back