Hello from Katy, Texas!

Hi All,
I am from Houston - Clearlake.
The wait of Lucid Air Touring is almost finally over. I’m so excited to join the Houstonian family! Is there anything I should prepare for ahead of time before taking delivery?
Thanks.
Interesting..My DA text me yesterday that my touring is part of Batch 6 units to be shipped out…I am guessing your vehicle will be the same transport? What exactly did you DA say? Is your DA by any chance Tony?

Originally, I ordered the Pure which was way back in Nov, 2021, I am so disappointed for the wait, I changed my mind and upgrade to Touring model. I talked to my DA yesterday, he said if I go with the Tour model and also depend on whichever color I pick it will deliver in the end of this month or latest the first week in March. All the talk to DA for updating just happened in yesterday morning, and at noon he sent me the VIN.

Last edited:
Interesting..My DA text me yesterday that my touring is part of Batch 6 units to be shipped out…I am guessing your vehicle will be the same transport? What exactly did you DA say? Is your DA by any chance Tony?
My DA name is Rose Edwards.

I don't but do you have delivery date?

My DA name is Rose Edwards.

I don't but do you have delivery date?
My DA never gave me an exact delivery date. He just said it was getting ready to be shipped out before the end of this month.... I have waited almost a year for the car so I am very patient.

My DA never gave me an exact delivery date. He just said it was getting ready to be shipped out before the end of this month.... I have waited almost a year for the car so I am very patient.
Just got a call from my DA... He said my car should be leaving Arizona for Houston tomorrow morning. So it might arrive in Houston Friday or Saturday.... If it arrives Friday and I am able to to go check it out .. I will initiate payment and hopefully take delivery early next week. :)

Just got a call from my DA... He said my car should be leaving Arizona for Houston tomorrow morning. So it might arrive in Houston Friday or Saturday.... If it arrives Friday and I am able to to go check it out .. I will initiate payment and hopefully take delivery early next week. :)
Oh yeah Rose will be doing the formal delivery.

Does Lucid expect you to pay full amount when you got delivery date?
Not to my knowledge..I explained To my DA that my credit union will release payment to them once I inspect the car and make sure everything was to my liking. My DA said once the car gets PDI , I can go and inspect the vehicle first before making payment. Hopefully I can check the car out this Friday or Saturday then sign everything with my credit Union same day and FedEx them the check no later than Monday . That way I can take delivery by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week…

Will do sir….What color did you get? Also did you get SSPRO and DDPRO? I declined both…but the car is equipped with both and will be sofware locked after 90 days 😊

Will do sir….What color did you get? Also did you get SSPRO and DDPRO? I declined both…but the car is equipped with both and will be sofware locked after 90 days 😊
Fully load Zenith Red/Santa Cruz.
Do you get a good insurance rate quote for the car? So far Progressive is the best for me, Geico is asking too much

Last edited:
Have you seen the Lucid press releases today on Tax Credit, you need to contact the DA as soon as possible, I am still waiting for my DA to reply.

Have you seen the Lucid press releases today on Tax Credit, you need to contact the DA as soon as possible..

Yes sir…I spoke to Lucid ….I got an additional $7500 off my sale price …..Fantastic news….Since I already sent payment. They are going to issue me a refund check….
if everything works out and the car is delivered tomorrow…I should take delivery this Saturday or Monday the latest.

Just got word from my DA that my car just arrived at the Houston Service center. 😊
Will not be able to take delivery until the PDI is done. I told Josh to take his time and check everything out .
now I need to get it insured. Any insurance company suggestions?

Just got word from my DA that my car just arrived at the Houston Service center. 😊
Will not be able to take delivery until the PDI is done. I told Josh to take his time and check everything out .
now I need to get it insured. Any insurance company suggestions?
Congratulations!
So far Geico gives me the best rate:
$649 for 6 months you have tell them thus is pleasure car.
Progress is outrageous price $1500
I am still waiting for Connect-American Insurance (Costco Member)

Here are couple pics my service manager sent over . Going tomorrow to check it out and take delivery hopefully Monday.

Attachments

• 72D1480F-4F1F-4EA8-98A4-D7E5FF55EF31.jpeg
    72D1480F-4F1F-4EA8-98A4-D7E5FF55EF31.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 77ADCA4F-7E99-4C77-A53C-E5B506D44663.jpeg
    77ADCA4F-7E99-4C77-A53C-E5B506D44663.jpeg
    366.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 3B432812-7102-4790-BB0A-47D93C694C44.jpeg
    3B432812-7102-4790-BB0A-47D93C694C44.jpeg
    328.7 KB · Views: 58
  • B53DD2B3-F24C-4C61-A88B-B06A556350BE.jpeg
    B53DD2B3-F24C-4C61-A88B-B06A556350BE.jpeg