• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hello from Highland Falls NY

CraZ8

Verified Owner
Cars
2018 velar 2002 bmw z8
Hello from New York. Grand touring ordered and waiting patiently for delivery sometime in March it would seem. I am a member of the lucid forum as well not realizing there was another lucid website.( not technically an owner yet!)I see a lot of familiar screen names here. I’m a refugee from Tesla service after two back to back performance model Ses. Good to meet another group of enthusiasts!

Welcome aboard! Never had a Tesla as we had a relative who used to work there, and he privately advised against it as “they weren’t ready for prime time”. We have a Nissan Leaf instead which works for our local driving and eliminates the insane CA gas prices.

I’m hoping for a February delivery myself as we have a couple of trips that I would love have my Grand Touring for. Once we hear about the first AGT delivery, we should be able to get a better estimate of their timelines.

Welcome. I am somewhat surprised at the number of current or former Tesla owners with Lucid orders. Maybe I should not be surprised, despite Teslas flaws. They have been shipping EVs for a long time comparatively. I could never get myself to purchase a Tesla. If Lucid's build quality holds as they ramp, you will not be disappointed. Hopefully there are a few software updates between now and then.

I’ve been driving it for my commute so she has not had any more time in it. She does like the smooth quiet ride as a passenger. She likes the seats. She also likes a heads up if I’m going to go full acceleration. If your not prepared this car pulls over a 1g and is enough force to hurt someone. i think for her to warm to the car for her to use, CarPlay, consistent locking unlocking with driver door only option, and improvements to park distance assist. We’ll see. Her daily is a 2015 Lexus GS350 which is much smaller that the Air. If the Lexus had CarPlay she would probably stick with it for 2-3 more years. We relocated to SD from Texas and for a couple years the Lexus was in Texas and she drove a Honda Accord that has car play. She is a huge fan of having her destination already set up before she gets in the car.

I’ve been driving it for my commute so she has not had any more time in it. She does like the smooth quiet ride as a passenger. She likes the seats. She also likes a heads up if I’m going to go full acceleration. If your not prepared this car pulls over a 1g and is enough force to hurt someone. i think for her to warm to the car for her to use, CarPlay, consistent locking unlocking with driver door only option, and improvements to park distance assist. We’ll see. Her daily is a 2015 Lexus GS350 which is much smaller that the Air. If the Lexus had CarPlay she would probably stick with it for 2-3 more years. We relocated to SD from Texas and for a couple years the Lexus was in Texas and she drove a Honda Accord that has car play. She is a huge fan of having her destination already set up before she gets in the car.

Yeah, I personally can’t wait for CarPlay to be released on it. It’s my preferred interface too. At least they’re advertising it (and thus more likely to bring it out soon) as opposed to Tesla who actively deride it haha.

But I genuinely am excited for that. I think it’ll solve a lot of issues people have with the interface.

She is a huge fan of having her destination already set up before she gets in the car.

Just curious. Can't you program your destination into the Lucid phone app before you get into the car?

Yes, you search for your location on the app, then say send to car. The problem is that the location you search is synced to your app and your profile so when you send it to the car, if it's not the main profile who will be driving, it won't show up in nav. That is something I think they will address with an OTA to get the nav and homelink separated and tied to the car instead of profile. I'm not sure how difficult that will be with Android Automotive as referenced by someone else earlier due to security reasons.

Back