Has anyone replaced tires on Lucid Air?

ashoka8350

Cars
Lucid Air, Model S
DE Number
Like to know if any one needed to replace their tires on their cars ? If so,

1. Why it was replaced?

2. Did the Tire Warranty cover?

3. If they have to pay, what was the total price per tire for installation?

4. Was it done by Lucid Service or otherwise?

5. Was it done on roadside or at home?

6. Was the tire balanced?

Appreciate everyone's opinion. Thanks.

Can you please provide more details of your flat replacement.

1. Why it was replaced?

1. Bulge in sidewall
2. Yes (well, Lucid did it for me free of charge and they’re sending to Pirelli)
3. No charge
4. Lucid service
5. At my home
6. Yes

1. Why it was replaced?

1. Nail in tire - it actually held up properly and wasn’t leaking air - we only noticed when we swapped for the 19s.

2. Yes. See the road hazard warranty for the PNCS foam tires for 1 year: https://m.tirerack.com/images/pdf/warranty/PI0921.pdf

3. No charge, but that was a courtesy - my expectation is that next time they’d charge for labor / balancing, but not the tire.

4. Lucid Service.

5. They were refinishing the wheel too (due to auto park curbing it) so they just took the wheel and tire and returned it later, via mobile service at my home.

6. Yes.

1. Nail in tire - it actually held up properly and wasn’t leaking air - we only noticed when we swapped for the 19s.

2. Yes. See the road hazard warranty for the PNCS foam tires for 1 year: https://m.tirerack.com/images/pdf/warranty/PI0921.pdf

3. No charge, but that was a courtesy - my expectation is that next time they’d charge for labor / balancing, but not the tire.

4. Lucid Service.

5. They were refinishing the wheel too (due to auto park curbing it) so they just took the wheel and tire and returned it later, via mobile service at my home.

6. Yes.

Several people having issues with either the bulge of side wall or flat tires. Collection of this information would be useful for everyone I believe.

I had to replace both passenger side 21's due to bulge and flat free of charge mobile service at my house. They took to a tire store to be balanced. Question is if this is a defect in the tire or will this be a continuing problem?

I always buy my tires at my local Discount Tire and when I get the Air plan on having the Pirelli’s swapped with Michelins like I always use. My problem is that unless a tire is officially listed on their site they will refuse to install it and as of now no Michelins in 21” are approved on their site….

Lucid came to my house to change a Pirelli due to a bulge. I have little faith in these Pirellis and therefore would also like to switch over to the Michelins that were on my Model S P100D. I wonder about the weight load, though. The Lucid is 400 pounds heavier than the MS. Does that matter??

Lucid came to my house to change a Pirelli due to a bulge. I have little faith in these Pirellis and therefore would also like to switch over to the Michelins that were on my Model S P100D. I wonder about the weight load, though. The Lucid is 400 pounds heavier than the MS. Does that matter??
The Pilot Sport AS 265/35 R21 have a load rating of 101 or 1800 lbs, should be fine.

I always buy my tires at my local Discount Tire and when I get the Air plan on having the Pirelli’s swapped with Michelins like I always use. My problem is that unless a tire is officially listed on their site they will refuse to install it and as of now no Michelins in 21” are approved on their site….
What! I had a Karma and I told what tires I wanted on it and they did it. Tell them it's a rare car right now, but these should fit, what ever you pick.

The data I have for 21"
245/35
265/35

You should be good with 265 to 285 would be my guess.

I had to replace both passenger side 21's due to bulge and flat free of charge mobile service at my house. They took to a tire store to be balanced. Question is if this is a defect in the tire or will this be a continuing problem?
I am just a layman but don’t steel belts stop the bulge?

Has anyone replaced their pirelli’s with a different type of tire yet? And if so, notice any impact on range, noise, handling, and/or ride comfort?

I didn’t realize more than one Lucid owner had seen bulges develop in their Pirelli sidewalls. Given how relatively rare this new tire still is, that is worrisome.

I wonder if the new sidewall that Pirelli developed to try to deal with the conflicting EV demands of high load capacity and low rolling resistance has an inherent design or materials flaw?

Back