Hardware differences between AGT and DE engines?

Dortreo

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
Has Lucid ever said anything about the physical (hardware) differences between the engines of the AGT and the DE that would account for a 300 hp difference between the two? I understand that the Plaid has a carbon wrapped motor.

Is it possible that the differences between DE and AGT are software controlled?

Has Lucid ever said anything about the physical (hardware) differences between the engines of the AGT and the DE that would account for a 300 hp difference between the two? I understand that the Plaid has a carbon wrapped motor.

They have and someone mentioned the differences before...probably hmp10

At the Miami Studio opening in December 2020 Zak Edson, the VP of Sales & Service, told me that there was a special metallurgy unique to the rear motor of the Air Dream. He said it added only 15 hp to the output but appreciably more torque (declining to give a number for that).

However, this was before the Dream was bifurcated into two versions, so I don't know whether that changed anything about which cars got that motor . . . or even if it made it to production at all.

At the Miami Studio opening in December 2020 Zak Edson, the VP of Sales & Service, told me that there was a special metallurgy unique to the rear motor of the Air Dream. He said it added only 15 hp to the output but appreciably more torque (declining to give a number for that).

However, this was before the Dream was bifurcated into two versions, so I don't know whether that changed anything about which cars got that motor . . . or even if it made it to production at all.

I agree, but until someone like Sandy Munro rips ones apart. I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm from Missouri....

Well not really, LOL

But that’s only 15 HP. Just speculation of course, but I wonder how much untapped power is in the AGT. I’m sure it’s not just the engine but also battery/power management.

It's not just software based, Lucid is being very secretive about the differences. I asked Eric during the factory tour why Dream customers couldn't get both the range numbers and the performance numbers. He said the way the Performance motors are mounted to the chassis are different which gives the ability to tap into the extra hp.

Same engine - different tune. The tri-motor version will come next year

IO2pCzC.jpg

VutPn0g.jpg

Same engine - different tune. The tri-motor version will come next year

IO2pCzC.jpg

VutPn0g.jpg
I wonder if the triple motor version will replace the GT, leaving the Touring as the dual motor model. Do we know if the dual motor model pictured above is Touring or Grand Touring?

I wonder if the triple motor version will replace the GT, leaving the Touring as the dual motor model. Do we know if the dual motor model pictured above is Touring or Grand Touring?
From what I'm told, it's all the same motor, just different software tune (similar to what Tesla did with the "Acceleration Boost" on the Y/3)

Back