Happened to me today

groundhog

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Grand Touring
While I was charging my GT at a Target EA site I was about 30 minutes into a 150 charge when the car completely shut off. I was listening to Spotify and all screens went blank and off course the A/C went off. Funny thing was the car continued to finish its charge. Since I had 15 minutes left I locked the car and went into Target. Upon returning I entered car and everything seemed ok. I called customer service and after checking the logs there he said that the car had gone to sleep because of no action by me. I thought that if I’m sitting in the car with my Fob and phone this would not happen.
Was I wrong?

While I was charging my GT at a Target EA site I was about 30 minutes into a 150 charge when the car completely shut off. I was listening to Spotify and all screens went blank and off course the A/C went off. Funny thing was the car continued to finish its charge. Since I had 15 minutes left I locked the car and went into Target. Upon returning I entered car and everything seemed ok. I called customer service and after checking the logs there he said that the car had gone to sleep because of no action by me. I thought that if I’m sitting in the car with my Fob and phone this would not happen.
Was I wrong?
Yes. For some reason it goes to sleep even if you are sitting in car. Work around is just to push the brake every 10 min or so to re start the sleep timer.

Thanks hydbob. Driven over 1000 miles and still learning about how the car works.

Thanks @hydbob thats a good thing to know for the future. I would have been really confused while waiting for my wife somewhere to have things just shut down on me!

Back