HA post 2.1.10

I find driving more relaxing without HA as presently configured. It does not drive as I do, being fractionally delayed in it's responding, leaving me having to be more vigilant than just manually driving. It produces more anxiety just having to be sure it corrected it's delayed centering, for example. I also find the car demands two hands on when at 2 and 10 positions, to avoid the nag, and I haven't had to do that since drivers education and my first driver's test for the state examiner. That flat steering wheel bottom calls out for one handed driving on that flat portion. (And why can't they adjust something so the car knows my hand is STILL on the wheel) Long story short I only use HA if I want to do something stupid like use my phone. Those GMC adds where the drivers are playing paddycake on tv are making me envious.!!! With all these sensors and all the money we pay for this car this should have been addressed long ago.

And on a slightly different subject, the recent brouhaha about Peter Rawlinson's salary makes me wish I never bought the car and could return it even though I absolutely love it. With the stock price hanging around the delisting level I don't understand how the upper execs can take over 350 million for an annual income. It's lucid not Google wake up! The money is not going to the right places for company survival
I think your second paragraph has been talked about at great length and doesn’t really have anything to do with HA.

I actually think there needs to be more feedback about HA. I believe that Lucid made a major mistake instituting a torque system and the sooner they correct it the better. They could actually migrate to a line of sight system like BMW without adding any new technology to the car. Of course they need to fix the ping ponging issue and probably make the interior eye tracking more “robust”. If they are going to eventually get to level 3, they are going to have to migrate over anyways.

I think your second paragraph has been talked about at great length and doesn’t really have anything to do with HA.

I actually think there needs to be more feedback about HA. I believe that Lucid made a major mistake instituting a torque system and the sooner they correct it the better. They could actually migrate to a line of sight system like BMW without adding any new technology to the car. Of course they need to fix the ping ponging issue and probably make the interior eye tracking more “robust”. If they are going to eventually get to level 3, they are going to have to migrate over anyways.
Yeah I’ll get wheel torque surprises with the current HA, sometimes it works great and other times it acts like a drunk driver. They’re actively working on finessing it anyway so I’m not too concerned. I do also wish it was torque input required but that may still be possible to implement for all I know.

I agree some combination of torque plus camera tracking is the best path forward, but I don't think something of this magnitude needs to be rushed. I'm also completely baffled at any post that complains this feature is not completely hands free. Please get off the fucking road.

It’s just weird to me that there’s all this outrage about a compensation package (NOT a paycheck, does anyone understand the difference?) that was pre-determined in 2021 prior to production based on estimated valuations at that time. It’s not Rawlinson’s fault the market went hype crazy in 2022 and pumped the shares to $60 before interest rates got raised sky high to keep inflation in check. The share value of CCIV in when his award was pre-determined in March 2022 was $10.45. It’s like nobody wants to use easily available information to educate themselves about this or even think about it in an even handed way at all and just stomp their feet saying they get to pretend we should use today’s stock value to decide what LCID/CCIV should have put into their contract in March 2021. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
It fits a convenient narrative. "CEO pay is out of control." Which, sure you can argue that is undoubtedly true. But the story here is that Lucid is no different from most US companies at the moment. If you want your CEO to stick around, you compensate them the way other CEOs get compensated. Otherwise, they go elsewhere.

Takes five minutes to compare this package to other auto CEOs and see there's no there there.

Hate the system. Not the individual company.

I can't stand when people expect one company to play by different rules than everyone else. It's just lazy thinking.

I agree some combination of torque plus camera tracking is the best path forward, but I don't think something of this magnitude needs to be rushed. I'm also completely baffled at any post that complains this feature is not completely hands free. Please get off the fucking road.
Seriously. This is what Uber and Lyft are for. And public transport, for that matter. If you don't like to drive, please don't.

And I do believe you are wrong about not understanding that the dash camera is what checks for hands on wheel. Yes The nag is easily interrupted with as slight user issued jerk of the wheel, but where you place your hand(s) determines the issuance of the nag in the first place. The line of sight for the camera is too high unless you adjust the wheel to it's full up position. This has been noted previously by other users as well. Why not test that yourself.. With 12k of use, trust that touching the wheel is not what does it... wish it was, where and how you located your hands is what is key. So sorry to have annoyed you but your reaction doesn't change the facts.
No, you're completely wrong. The camera checks to make sure you're looking at the road and not messing around on your phone while HA is continuing the car. The car also is making sure your hands are on the wheel by the torque sensors in the wheel (just do a little search of the forum to see this point belabored ad nauseum). It's called safety redundancy. Otherwise you could attach a weight to the wheel a la Tesla and fall asleep while letting your car 'drive' for you.

I now have over 16k miles. I've used HA on all my long drives with the method I posted in my first response - it works. Luckily, I haven't been experiencing the ping-ponging that others have.

Get your facts straight!

I tried HA again on my trip to Chapel Hill from Charlotte last weekend. Started off doing the whole ping pong thing so I just switched back over to ACC only. No biggie, I am not sure I trust technology to drive for me yet anyway.

I agree, which is why I don’t care if I ever see level 3 in my lifetime. My first suggestion would be to go to touch, but I would imagine that recalling all of the steering wheels could be cost prohibitive. Another option would be a hybrid model, where you have to torque the wheel once a minute and the eye tracking takes over in between. First order of business is to get HW assist where it was before the lane biasing OTA.

Seriously. This is what Uber and Lyft are for. And public transport, for that matter. If you don't like to drive, please don't.
There is a lot of ground between people wanting it better and those who never want to touch the steering wheel, ever. Very few of the complaints on this forum are asking for what your are inferring. We want it fixed and better.

There is a lot of ground between people wanting it better and those who never want to touch the steering wheel, ever. Very few of the complaints on this forum are asking for what your are inferring. We want it fixed and better.
Long story short I only use HA if I want to do something stupid like use my phone. Those GMC adds where the drivers are playing paddycake on tv are making me envious.

I was addressing this point specifically. This person was implying that they no longer wish to touch the steering wheel at all.

Not every comment on this forum is about you.

We all want HA to improve. Most of us see HA as an aid, not a replacement for driving ourselves. But there are a few people who occasionally suggest otherwise here, and thus it's fair game to address them specifically, no?

What are you even talking about? Such a random and rude comment to make.
I dont think he aimed that at you, rather the other person. He quoted your post first to clarify on it.

The reply to you was: "I was addressing this point specifically. This person was implying that they no longer wish to touch the steering wheel at all."

Anything after is to the other person, or I assume so?

With 12k of use, trust that touching the wheel is not what does it... wish it was, where and how you located your hands is what is key. So sorry to have annoyed you but your reaction doesn't change the facts.
Nope. Torque is what is key. I use one hand on the direct center bottom now and pull down a bit (so as not to trigger the new lane biasing) and it works fine.

As @Bobby mentioned, literally everything you posted was factually incorrect. That doesn’t make you bad, and it isn’t a personal attack.

What truly baffles me is here you've got a great car that's a blast to drive and some can't wait to take that car and give it to a computer to drive.

What do you think of Elon’s 5.8 billion stock awarded in 2018?

According to Inside EVs “In March 2021, Lucid's Board allowed Rawlinson to receive 13.8 million time-based stock unitsand 16 million performance-based ones that would vest over four years. The vesting period would commence towards the end of 2021, meaning that Rawlinson would begin to see them in his 2022 salary.”. This was predetermined contractually based vesting, and that big number is based on 2022 value, not the value right now.

I’m just confused what the problem is here, as giving CEO/CTO stock awards before the company produced its first vehicle that vested over time is not abnormal nor shocking or reason for outrage. If that’s not an incentive to perform, well I don’t know what is. And given the current share values I’d say his “compensation” will take a massive hit when we get the 2023 numbers and then there will be misinformed articles on that also. What would make you happy and willing to keep the car? Rawlinson earning zero? $500k? It’s up to you.
Thank you for you feedback and additional information delivered in a civil manner without belittling the previous poster. Much appreciated. And regarding your second post I did search but couldn't find prior discussion so your'e right so I thought it was new news. my salary package comment was poorly placed. What would make me want to keep the best car I have ever owned? Android Auto (just joking but I do want Android Auto but I will keep this great car even without it...lol)

Thank you for you feedback and additional information delivered in a civil manner without belittling the previous poster. Much appreciated. And regarding your second post I did search but couldn't find prior discussion so your'e right so I thought it was new news. my salary package comment was poorly placed. What would make me want to keep the best car I have ever owned? Android Auto (just joking but I do want Android Auto but I will keep this great car even without it...lol)
I use an iPhone, and even I want to see Android Auto. I really hope they get that out before the end of the year. It’s starting to be pretty conspicuous.

Nope. Torque is what is key. I use one hand on the direct center bottom now and pull down a bit (so as not to trigger the new lane biasing) and it works fine.

As @Bobby mentioned, literally everything you posted was factually incorrect. That doesn’t make you bad, and it isn’t a personal attack.
I don't feel bad and the personal attack was in regards to the my alleged hissy fit and "I hate posts like these". Or whatever the words were. Just unnecessarily nasty and that poster should style up

Thanks for the tip in pulling down a bit...I had to oversteer the HA unless my hands were at 10/2 and both on the wheel... If just 10 or 2 got a nag. With both on wheel at 10/2+/- I never had to jerk or even move the wheel to avoid the nag.. NEVER got any warning with both hands in that position. under these recent fact feedbacks about how the system works I find this experience confounding. HA btw is for back up driving when I'm tired or distracted. I love driving... Always have and always will.. especially this car

Can we take this topic off the board? We are not the board of directors of the company. If one owns stock, voice one’s displeasure to that board not this one. I come to this forum to learn more about my car amd to resolve problems I have encountered.

Back