Gravity Specs

Daniel2022AT

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
The Lucid website states Gravity is 78 inches wide and Air is 86 inches wide. I doubt Gravity is 8 inches narrower. Is this a typo?

The Air is 86 inches wide if you include the mirrors, and 76 inches wide if you don't include the mirrors. I'm thinking the Gravity is 78 inches wide without the mirrors from what the image on the website shows.
Why didn’t they clarify that today?
Also, why didn’t they clarify when someone could order? Leads me to believe that a late 2024 delivery is questionable.

Also, why didn’t they clarify when someone could order? Leads me to believe that a late 2024 delivery is questionable.
Yes, everyone would like to know that. At one point they said that Air Dream Edition owner's (or maybe the original purchasers) would have first dibs or be put at the head of the list – possibly being able to order the Gravity Cream Edition first. So, as an Air Dream Edition owner, I will hear about this at some point – maybe before others. But I have heard nothing so far.

I think Lucid learned that a long reservation period prior to delivery was not a good reflection of demand because of cancellations. They are likely trying to shorten the period from reservation to first deliveries to improve the customer experience and Lucid's visibility to real demand. I have heard rumors of a late Q1 start for reservations which would be over six months prior to the target date for first deliveries.

The Air is narrower than the Gravity, but not by much.

What’s nuts is it’s only 3 inches shorter.

The Air is narrower than the Gravity, but not by much.

What’s nuts is it’s only 3 inches shorter.
Do you know what the comparable width number is Air - Gravity? I think the website should be updated for a consistent mirror-to-mirror metric.

Do you know what the comparable width number is Air - Gravity? I think the website should be updated for a consistent mirror-to-mirror metric.
I too am surprised by the OAL of Gravity. I was expecting a full-size SUV 10 inches longer.

I too am surprised by the OAL of Gravity. I was expecting a full-size SUV 10 inches longer.
The length is almost identical to the Lincoln Aviator, which is 199" long. The Lucid tech/motors/etc. maximizes the space a lot more though. IMHO, I think they nailed it. Can't wait to hop in one...

Yes, everyone would like to know that. At one point they said that Air Dream Edition owner's (or maybe the original purchasers) would have first dibs or be put at the head of the list – possibly being able to order the Gravity Cream Edition first. So, as an Air Dream Edition owner, I will hear about this at some point – maybe before others. But I have heard nothing so far.
That would be awesome. Looking forward to ordering one.

The length is almost identical to the Lincoln Aviator, which is 199" long. The Lucid tech/motors/etc. maximizes the space a lot more though. IMHO, I think they nailed it. Can't wait to hop in one...
The Aviator is nice. I guess I was expecting a Mercedes GLS size vehicle which is the next notch larger in length, width, wheelbase. I was also expecting GLS pricing. The Gravity is more compact but could be in the bullseye of the highest volume segment.

The Aviator is nice. I guess I was expecting a Mercedes GLS size vehicle which is the next notch larger in length, width, wheelbase. I was also expecting GLS pricing. The Gravity is more compact but could be in the bullseye of the highest volume segment.
I had same thought at first. While Gravity is like 7 inches shorter than the GLS, the space created by not having the big engine in front probably makes interior the same size, if not larger.

I had same thought at first. While Gravity is like 7 inches shorter than the GLS, the space created by not having the big engine in front probably makes interior the same size, if not larger.

Mercedes does a miserable job of space design, especially in their EVs. The EQS has a wheelbase 10" longer than an Air but less interior room . . . and also doesn't even manage to have a frunk. Trying to speculate on the space inside a Lucid based on comparison to a Mercedes' exterior dimensions is kind of pointless.

"Engineering Explained" did an excellent video on this topic:

Mercedes does a miserable job of space design, especially in their EVs. The EQS has a wheelbase 10" longer than an Air but less interior room . . . and also doesn't even manage to have a frunk. Trying to speculate on the space inside a Lucid based on comparison to a Mercedes' exterior dimensions is kind of pointless.

"Engineering Explained" did an excellent video on this topic:

Totally agree on the misuse of space in Mercedes' EVs. Was just comparing to the GLS, which we previously owned and really liked. Based on the videos at the LA auto show, the interior looks meaningfully bigger than the GLS, which makes sense given the 112 cubic feet of cargo space in Gravity versus ~85 in the GLS.

Last edited:
All great points. I always thought the GLS has a very nice, spacious interior but never owned one. Can’t wait to see the Gravity in person. Also now that I see Gravity, I can’t wait for Son-of-Gravity, the midsize/compact entry in a couple years.

The worst for space utilization is the Escalade. Massive on the outside, cramped on the inside.

The worst for space utilization is the Escalade. Massive on the outside, cramped on the inside.

The prior-generation Audi Q7 was the same. (I don't know about the current version.) But my limited experience with driving and riding in some of these monster SUV's is that the designers were a lot more focused on offering an intimidating, hulking road presence to buyers than a well-packaged and comprehensively thought-out interior. If it really were about getting as much usable interior space as possible, those drivers would be buying minivans . . . and we all know how many do.

Back