Gravity Launch

I've actually thought about removing the visors and keeping a couple of long-bill baseball caps in the car when needed to shield the eyes. But then I found out that you cannot just reglue the visors and instead have to replace the windshield when it comes time to sell the car. And there is no easy place to store two baseball caps.
I have two Lucid hats in the glovebox.

Do u think an $80k car will be delivered in 2024? Doubtful! They will deliver a few higher priced cars in 2024 and then eventually deliver a Pure version in 2025.
With regard to doom and gloom the $4 stock price reflects less than confidence in the company. I think the new Gravity is great. I just worry they won’t make it on time and then what?
Why are you pessimistic? The Gravity has gotten rave reviews, as did the Air. SUV is where the market is. Add to that Feds reducing interest rates, Lucid has a lot to look forward to. Macroeconomics was not favorable when the Air came out. But just realize this, the Gravity is a game changer. No one can beat Lucud in range and packaging . It has success written all over it. I mean, just look at the infotainment and clean sleek lines. Phenomenal! Lucid has the management expertise to navigate through 2024 until Gravity ramps up production. They gave my full confidence!

I hadn't thought of that, but having just the two pucks on the glass might look worse . . . although it would open up the view.
I often move my shades to the side just as a matter of course. My Maui Jim shades are so good I can drive into the Sun and it doesn’t bother me.

I just wish it didn’t block my side view so much. So I can’t really do it while moving around town and need to make a lot of left turns.

I have spill-o-phobia and would then have nowhere to store the roll of paper towels. I make my life very complicated.
Haha I put the roll of paper towels (yes it’s an entire roll) crammed into the rear passenger door bin to alleviate my spill-o-phobia.

Funny thing, my other two SUVs both have full glass roofs. They also have integrated sunshades that can be retracted. I literally keep the sunshades deployed at all times. It gets pretty warm here in San Diego.

Admittedly, I’m somewhat disappointed by the visor position on the Air. I love the big windshield but the effect is significantly diminished by the visor being in the way. There might as well be a bar across the top of the windshield and have the glass be a separate piece with this arrangement. I understand the reasoning behind it (easy easy to flip down at a moment’s notice) which makes perfect sense to me, but yet when I was recently in a Model X I was floored by what a big difference it makes. For the Air, I bought the accessory mesh parts and installed them. I haven’t removed them since.

I’m not sure if they will have a metal roof on certain variants of the Gravity. I don’t think anyone outside of Lucid has that answer at this time. To reach the price point that they desire, that might become necessary. Large pieces of curved glass are very expensive to manufacture and also to warranty.

If they do have a large piece of glass like was shown at the LA Auto Show, I at least hope that they have a way to cover it without having to insert a separate piece of mesh like we do in the Air. I’d love some sort of deployable sunshade. Even cooler would be glass that can be made opaque at the touch of a button but certainly this would be significantly more expensive.
Oh yes the visor implementation is better on the model x. I wonder if it will add much to cost considering the model y has it at a relatively affordable price. I think the best implementation on the pure is a standard fixed glass roof with a retractable shade piece.

Oh yes the visor implementation is better on the model x. I wonder if it will add much to cost considering the model y has it at a relatively affordable price. I think the best implementation on the pure is a standard fixed glass roof with a retractable shade piece.
By the model y having it at an affordable price, you are referring to the glass roof, right?

The model y has a genius implementation of this, actually. The windshield and roof are split(unlike the air) but the roof one goes WAY far back and is uninterrupted. It looks very nice.

The "issue," if you can call it one, is that the Air's large glass panel connects the windshield and part of the roof, which is very expensive. A studio advisor told me that a belgian tank contractor made the glass roof and it is supposedly 20x stronger than tesla.

I have spill-o-phobia and would then have nowhere to store the roll of paper towels. I make my life very complicated.
You need:
Limited-time deal: HOTOR Car Trash Can - Multifunctional Car Accessory for Interior Stuff with Compact Design, Waterproof Organizer and Storage with Adjustable Straps, Magnetic Snaps (Light Gray)
https://a.co/d/9HSawzM

It’s waterproof, and I can’t tell you how much calmer I am haha

Funny thing, my other two SUVs both have full glass roofs. They also have integrated sunshades that can be retracted. I literally keep the sunshades deployed at all times. It gets pretty warm here in San Diego.

Admittedly, I’m somewhat disappointed by the visor position on the Air. I love the big windshield but the effect is significantly diminished by the visor being in the way. There might as well be a bar across the top of the windshield and have the glass be a separate piece with this arrangement. I understand the reasoning behind it (easy easy to flip down at a moment’s notice) which makes perfect sense to me, but yet when I was recently in a Model X I was floored by what a big difference it makes. For the Air, I bought the accessory mesh parts and installed them. I haven’t removed them since.

I’m not sure if they will have a metal roof on certain variants of the Gravity. I don’t think anyone outside of Lucid has that answer at this time. To reach the price point that they desire, that might become necessary. Large pieces of curved glass are very expensive to manufacture and also to warranty.

If they do have a large piece of glass like was shown at the LA Auto Show, I at least hope that they have a way to cover it without having to insert a separate piece of mesh like we do in the Air. I’d love some sort of deployable sunshade. Even cooler would be glass that can be made opaque at the touch of a button but certainly this would be significantly more expensive.

The sunshade implementation on Mode-X with unfolding to expand width of shade is what I like it with unobstructed great view.

Both Model-X and R1S has nice size landscape screen that make a lot more sense looking at navigation map I really like. I’m glad to see Gravity make the 5k cockpit into one continuous screen and make pilot screen landscape. Nowadays, more screen real estate = more premium tech.

Gravity will dominate other SUVs with cabin space. I just need to see this in person. I hope before major production ramp up, Lucid can have 1 in each showroom to draw crowd to showroom.

You need:
Limited-time deal: HOTOR Car Trash Can - Multifunctional Car Accessory for Interior Stuff with Compact Design, Waterproof Organizer and Storage with Adjustable Straps, Magnetic Snaps (Light Gray)
https://a.co/d/9HSawzM

It’s waterproof, and I can’t tell you how much calmer I am haha

Great idea! Just ordered couple!

Perhaps someone from Lucid design is on here, and will take feedback on the visor mount/position into account. Maybe it’s not too late to surprise us, again!!!

Rivian R1S dual motor with maxpack - 400 mile range, comes to 96k.

If Lucid can make the base Gravity have similar range for 80k, thats a steal!

I'm expecting Gravity range to come out above 440, possibly 450 miles.

Rivian R1S dual motor with maxpack - 400 mile range, comes to 96k.

If Lucid can make the base Gravity have similar range for 80k, thats a steal!

I'm expecting Gravity range to come out above 440, possibly 450 miles.
Based on the app, the DE should have around 485. However, it is said that lucid is still debating on the smaller battery packs and their details.

Is it reasonable to expect the longest range Gravity to cost less than the longest range Air?

You didn’t sound like you were bashing it; criticizing Lucid isn’t at all against the guidelines. It’s specifically the “but my $30k Oldsmobile has it” narrative that is discouraged in the guidelines; it’s not generally a good comparison, as it doesn’t take into account all of the things that the Air (or Gravity) offers that your $30k Camry doesn’t, and can’t. It’s a weak argument, hence why it’s discouraged.

I’d suggest reviewing the guidelines again, but otherwise we’re all good.
@DarkSpace I will side with you (& @Bus Driver) on your narrative about comparing things to a cheaper model. If the feature is of value to you and it is on a cheaper model, then it SHOULD have air to breathe on this forum. I was critical of the 2012 Tesla Model S and publicly wrote that I was disappointed that the Nissan Altima, at half the cost, had parking sensors and a car alarm that the Model S did not! Then the debate ensued. That's healthy, IMHO

I care deeply for @Bobby & @borski and their passion for the brand, but worry sometime they dive off into FanBoy protection of speech! That said, they are the moderators and can ban me at any mom... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! 🫥

Back