Gravity Launch

5, 6, and 7, according to some reports. So the middle captain’s chairs are still supposedly coming.

Rear row will definitely be optional. Leaving them out will gain you some more usable storage space in a sub trunk, where those seats usually get stowed.

Good to know, thanks.

Was great to meet some of the forum members last night.
Damn it, I'm so sad I missed meeting you.

I didn’t see any mention of 120V outlet(s).
3 120V and 6 USB-C, and 1 250V/16A plug in the trunk.

Seeing the frunk seat in video I thought was a little gimmicky or campy, but it’s not. It is well done. I would use it for sure.

My utility vehicle is a crew cab Sierra. The Gravity is not going to replace that. My friend with 3 school age kids who joined me is looking for what comes after their Honda Odyssey. He was impressed and will be placing an order. I can trade him an Air for the day from time to time.
Why won't it replace the Sierra? Because you want the pickup bed? Just curious.

This is a great add to the line up. While I prefer the Sedan, I know that is a minority position in the market place.
Agreed entirely. I prefer the sedan (truly, I prefer a small roadster or coupe), but I recognize that it's me, you, and like six other people lol.

This is either one very short lady (from the "Electrifying" video channel) or one very tall front seat:

View attachment 16463

That's actually not the proper height for a headrest. The headrest should support the skull at the top of the neck just below the point of the back of the skull. The position in this photo would force the head to bend forward relative to the neck in a collision.
She's tiny (5'1" or 5'2" iirc), and the headrest will be movable from what I understand.

5, 6, and 7, according to some reports. So the middle captain’s chairs are still supposedly coming.

Rear row will definitely be optional. Leaving them out will gain you some more usable storage space in a sub trunk, where those seats usually get stowed.
Something I didn't think about or notice, and blew my mind when they said you could have seven people, one checked bag, and six carryons - when the third row seats are up, you gain that usable storage in the sub-trunk; you just lose the flat storage. That storage in the subtrunk where the seats go is massive, as it has to fit that third row, and will fit a ton of luggage.

I hadn't considered that, but it's a big deal.

While I prefer the Sedan, I know that is a minority position in the market place.

Count me among that minority. While I think the Gravity is going to be the cat's pajamas for our group hauling needs, I still prefer a sedan over an SUV. And the Air Dream remains the best sedan I have ever owned. Coming up on 23 months of ownership, I still wake up some mornings fishing around for a reason to get in the car and take off. I've been excited by other cars, but the chronic itch to drive them has never lasted this long.

Unfortunately, the status of the company is a legitimate concern for buyers who worry about service availability and future trade-in value.

If early Gravity sales figures do not send clear signals of robust demand Lucid could go into a tailspin very quickly with its fate entirely dependent on prolonged Saudi PIF support.
I think the fate of the company is already dependent on Saudi support. That scares me. I think that is a concern for a lot of buyers. I can’t see sales of the current models increasing very much for the next year. There is just not enough demand for expensive Sedans. Three years ago,on this forum, I said they could possibly sell 10,000 cars a year. That’s where they are at now. They must be able to hit a late 2024 Gravity delivery date with an under $110,000 car. I don’t think they can do that.

Count me among that minority. While I think the Gravity is going to be the cat's pajamas for our group hauling needs, I still prefer a sedan over an SUV. And the Air Dream remains the best sedan I have ever owned. Coming up on 23 months of ownership, I still wake up some mornings fishing around for a reason to get in the car and take off. I've been excited by other cars, but the chronic itch to drive them has never lasted this long.

I was just speaking with my wife about the same concept. I just like the vehicle more and more as time goes on; it’s kind of creepy how obsessed I am with the car. I also like sedans much more than larger SUVs , but with the Gravity, I have a little different mindset because it’s just so damn sleek looking.

I think the fate of the company is already dependent on Saudi support. That scares me. I think that is a concern for a lot of buyers. I can’t see sales of the current models increasing very much for the next year. There is just not enough demand for expensive Sedans. Three years ago,on this forum, I said they could possibly sell 10,000 cars a year. That’s where they are at now. They must be able to hit a late 2024 Gravity delivery date with an under $110,000 car. I don’t think they can do that.

Lots of people are worried and I would lying if I didn’t include myself in that group. The product is just too good to fail. All we can do is be good ambassadors and spread positive feedback about the vehicle and constructive non-reactionary criticism when appropriate.

Lots of people are worried and I would lying if I didn’t include myself in that group. The product is just too good to fail. All we can do is be good ambassadors and spread positive feedback about the vehicle and constructive criticism when appropriate.
And fortunately Elon keeps expressing opinions, like yesterday, that turns off people and advertisers.

And fortunately Elon keeps expressing opinions, like yesterday, that turns off people and advertisers.

Screw him. He makes me more likely to take the plunge and get Lucid number 2 , with the Gravity.

Sorry moderators, perhaps a bit inappropriate.

He will get his karma. Lots of Tesla non-fanbois fans expressing wishes he is not the CEO with his sabotaging behaviors. No one can control him. The only thing Elon is discreet is not to talk crap about China.

3 120V and 6 USB-C, and 1 250V/16A plug in the trunk.
( that is awesome, wish we had in the air )

Why won't it replace the Sierra? Because you want the pickup bed? Just curious.
I have never been a big SUV fan. I like cargo in the covered lockable bed vs in the cabin with me. The tires / rims on the Sierra are more suited to unimproved roads I occasionally drive. While I love road tripping the Air, going into areas with little to no DC charging, ICE vehicle is easier at times.
Also I can carry dirty cargo and power wash the bed. It is a Denali with super cruise and the magnetic shocks so it is pretty nice on a road trip. Truck that rides like an SUV.
Agreed entirely. I prefer the sedan (truly, I prefer a small roadster or coupe), but I recognize that it's me, you, and like six other people lol.

I guess it shouldn’t be a surprise that Air owners prefer sedans. Although I bet there are some on the site that will transition to a Gravity.

I think the fate of the company is already dependent on Saudi support.

It certainly has been since 2016 when the Saudis stepped in to fund the plant construction. The question is whether Lucid can transition long-term to reliance on the stock market to fund future capital needs instead of reliance on a single investor.

I still rankle at the notion that the best engineering team in the U.S. auto industry had to look to Saudi Arabia for funding at a time our government was becoming more focused on resurrecting the coal industry -- and that Saudi Arabia, whose whole economy revolved around oil, nevertheless had the foresight to start hedging against the decline of fossil fuels while we were trying to replant our flag in bygone decades.

It certainly has been since 2016 when the Saudis stepped in to fund the plant construction. The question is whether Lucid can transition long-term to reliance on the stock market to fund future capital needs instead of reliance on a single investor.

I still rankle at the notion that the best engineering team in the U.S. auto industry had to look to Saudi Arabia for funding at a time our government was becoming more focused on resurrecting the coal industry -- and that Saudi Arabia, whose whole economy revolved around oil, nevertheless had the foresight to start hedging against the decline of fossil fuels while we were trying to replant our flag in bygone decades.
Sigh, true statement of our country.

Yeah, it does seem that the saudis are really trying to improve themselves and become a leader in the world(which i applaud). On the other side, our country seems to be going BACKWARDS in terms of EVs and other clean energy sources(wyoming or something was trying to ban ev's, which is hilariously sad).

Yeah, it does seem that the saudis are really trying to improve themselves and become a leader in the world(which i applaud). On the other side, our country seems to be going BACKWARDS in terms of EVs and other clean energy sources(wyoming or something was trying to ban ev's, which is hilariously sad).
Meanwhile on the other side of the Pacific pound, China's EV industry is going gang buster. It reminds me of the US auto industry revolution in the early 1900s.

Meanwhile on the other side of the Pacific pound, China's EV industry is going gang buster. It reminds me of the US auto industry revolution in the early 1900s.
Its sad that most chinese companies are just knockoffs, because many times that they actually try(hongqi, nio, byd) to build something theirselves, it is usually very good and affordable, which is just what we need here.

Its sad that most chinese companies are just knockoffs, because many times that they actually try(hongqi, nio, byd) to build something theirselves, it is usually very good and affordable, which is just what we need here.
Knockoff or genuine, their EV market is much bigger than our. Like their cell phones, their EVs are pretty loaded with features and techs.

In 2008, Wang Chuanfu came to USA during subprime crisis to asked Warren Buffet and Charles Mungers invest in his dream. Charles Munger saw his relentless work ethic and cost consciousness and approved banking him during the Great Recession of 2008 with $225,000,000.

Today, that company is BYD, this quarter it passes Tesla as all time EV units sold in the world. And Berkshire Hathaway saw that investment has grown to $9,500,000,000+ for 42,200% gain. And they just sold 60% of their holding last 3 months to derisk from China.

The time to pivot for Lucid is now, need a winning product to expand more products offering. Not to dwell in sunk-cost fallacy of endless trim for just 1 product.

Gravity is starting under $80k. Not sure what you're talking about. The "doom and gloom" and death of Lucid has been greatly exaggerated.
1700356397400.png

Yeah, you're right; but, it's also important to keep in mind that in terms of social liberties, the Saudis have a lot of room for improvement, to say the least.

Gravity is starting under $80k. Not sure what you're talking about. The "doom and gloom" and death of Lucid has been greatly exaggerated.
View attachment 16481

Yeah, you're right; but, it's also important to keep in mind that in terms of social liberties, the Saudis have a lot of room for improvement, to say the least.
Socially we have not heard a lot of news in the 2020's, IMO. I don't want to turn this politicial, but after that journalists death I have not seen that much mainstream news that has been bought to my attention.

Back