Gravity Launch

I love the design, it would be a perfect family car. However I was shocked that the sun visor design hasn’t changed given the negative comments it received in reviews of the Air. With all their focus on packaging they should have found a way to tuck it into the A pillar when not in use. I thought I would see lots of people commenting on this but I seem to be alone?

I love the design, it would be a perfect family car. However I was shocked that the sun visor design hasn’t changed given the negative comments it received in reviews of the Air. With all their focus on packaging they should have found a way to tuck it into the A pillar when not in use. I thought I would see lots of people commenting on this but I seem to be alone?
I bought the Tesla Model X after purchasing the Lucid Air. I find myself constantly moving and adjusting the visor on the Model X. A lot of times, I can’t get it just right to block the sun. Whereas the visor on the Lucid is a simple flip down once in a while when the sun is on the horizon. I am glad the Lucid design team kept it the same on the Gravity as on the Air. When driving, I don’t look up toward the sky. Don’t even notice the visor at all. It is a simple design that works!

Patents are the main reason, and I believe this is more functional.

Reactions: raj
I bought the Tesla Model X after purchasing the Lucid Air. I find myself constantly moving and adjusting the visor on the Model X. A lot of times, I can’t get it just right to block the sun. Whereas the visor on the Lucid is a simple flip down once in a while when the sun is on the horizon. I am glad the Lucid design team kept it the same on the Gravity as on the Air. When driving, I don’t look up toward the sky. Don’t even notice the visor at all. It is a simple design that works!
Interesting perspective. I agree that they are functional. When I have awkwardly pushed the visor over to the side window it really feels like the car opens up. Even my kid commented on the visors the first time he sat in the car, asking why they spoiled the glass roof with them

2EC7BC23-BC3B-4C5C-A568-1B930541D014.jpeg

Rivian R1S has 104.7 cubic ft cargo space when seats are down vs Gravity claimed 112 cubic ft. R1S has 11 cubic ft in frunk vs Gravity 8 ft in frunk.

There is probably pushing more into front space making Gravity extra room. It’s one of Lucid Space Concept triumph. I’m also surprised Gravity offers 23” wheels. I wonder what will be the maximum ground clearance will be with air suspension.

Did we see this already? - greencarreports stating there will be a <$80K gravity RWD version...
Pure speculation there is nothing to prove RWD version at 80K but its possible. I think Lucid is careful announcing any trims and pricing ahead of time. We just need to wait and see. Depending where market, economy, demand, and competition is going we might see those prices adjust just like with Air.

Pure speculation there is nothing to prove RWD version at 80K but its possible. I think Lucid is careful announcing any trims and pricing ahead of time. We just need to wait and see. Depending where market, economy, demand, and competition is going we might see those prices adjust just like with Air.
The starting price will be $79,999. That was in the announcement. Technically they said 'under $80k' but we can read the tea leaves.

However, I do not think it'll be RWD, though they have not disclosed anything on trims. I suspect they will make all models AWD, at least initially.

I really want an AWD too be under 80. I hope for 480hp awd and the 440 miles of range. I think their plan might be to have a bigger pack with more range on the higher trim vehicles and make 440 the base?

I sincerely hope you are not basing your purchasing decision of the Gravity upon the design of the sun visor. While it may be a tad disappointing, hopefully it was not too shocking and hopefully there are other redeeming features to Gravity’s design.

Yes, it would be nice to be able not to see sun visor at all or the round clipper gone. But it’s really minimal blockage. Air or Gravity have many beautiful interior offer to over look that nitpicking.

I really want an AWD too be under 80. I hope for 480hp awd and the 440 miles of range. I think their plan might be to have a bigger pack with more range on the higher trim vehicles and make 440 the base?
Peter was clear tonight that it's 'at least 440 miles,' but that will undoubtedly be from the 120 kWh pack. If the base has a similar sized pack to the Air (92 kWh), it'll likely have around 330ish miles range (3.6 mi/kWh x 92 kWh). That's still damn good for a sub $80k vehicle. The Volvo EX90 and Polestar 3, which will be in the same price range, only claim up to 300 miles range, so Lucid will almost certainly beat them handily.

Peter was clear tonight that it's 'at least 440 miles,' but that will undoubtedly be from the 120 kWh pack. If the base has a similar sized pack to the Air (92 kWh), it'll likely have around 330ish miles range (3.6 mi/kWh x 92 kWh). That's still damn good for a sub $80k vehicle. The Volvo EX90 and Polestar 3, which will be in the same price range, only claim up to 300 miles range, so Lucid will almost certainly beat them handily.
They should not make Gravity with anything lower than 120kwh battery pack. The hummer has 240 kwh battery. Silverado EV will have around 200kwh. Yes, these cars are much less efficient. But since towing will be something important, Lucid should focus on 120kwh or more.

I have to say I was impressed with the reveal and really like the final look of the Gravity. I'll be keeping my Air GT because of the range and I like the sedan, but I have to admit I was a bit envious of the new UX and Cockpit/Pilot panel setups... was not a fan of the Squircle, but it kinda grew on me as I saw how people were able to handle it. The trailer hitch, which you can use for bike racks and cargo not on the roof would also come in handy. I'm hoping that at least some of the UX upgrades can be modified/ported over to the Air and we won't be forgotten. Moving the extra battery packs under the front seats was a great move - although since I don't use the back seats much myself, it's not a huge item. About the only thing I would REALLY love is if there were a 48" (actually, 49-50") opening on the Gravity - does anyone know the dimensions for the trunk opening and the back doors? Even at an angle, with the low roof clearance and high-ish bottom door frame, there is only 47" for the back door openings in the Air, but with no hump in the floor there would be plenty of room once you got the piece inside the car. I often need 48" square pieces of plywood and cannot fit them in the trunk or back seats of the Air. Sooooo close - they're 47".

I have to say I was impressed with the reveal and really like the final look of the Gravity. I'll be keeping my Air GT because of the range and I like the sedan, but I have to admit I was a bit envious of the new UX and Cockpit/Pilot panel setups... was not a fan of the Squircle, but it kinda grew on me as I saw how people were able to handle it. The trailer hitch, which you can use for bike racks and cargo not on the roof would also come in handy. I'm hoping that at least some of the UX upgrades can be modified/ported over to the Air and we won't be forgotten. Moving the extra battery packs under the front seats was a great move - although since I don't use the back seats much myself, it's not a huge item. About the only thing I would REALLY love is if there were a 48" (actually, 49-50") opening on the Gravity - does anyone know the dimensions for the trunk opening and the back doors? Even at an angle, with the low roof clearance and high-ish bottom door frame, there is only 47" for the back door openings in the Air, but with no hump in the floor there would be plenty of room once you got the piece inside the car. I often need 48" square pieces of plywood and cannot fit them in the trunk or back seats of the Air. Sooooo close - they're 47".
Haha. I am sure Lucid did not consider people carrying plywood in the Air. 😀

However, I do not think it'll be RWD, though they have not disclosed anything on trims. I suspect they will make all models AWD, at least initially.

If the vehicle really does weight around 6,000 pounds it will put a lot of demand on just two tires during acceleration in a RWD model. Even under moderate acceleration, the front wheels of our Odyssey (~4,600 pounds) sometimes break away. Of course, that's partly the result of rearward weight shift away from its front-drive wheels, but still . . . .

Back