Gravity Delivery Discussion

Yes, it records if you press the horn or trigger hard braking, but only saves the 30 seconds leading up to that moment. That’s useful in some cases, but it’s not true always-on protection.
Continuous recording captures everything while driving, not just triggered events. That means you’d have footage of road rage, reckless drivers, or unexpected incidents that don’t involve honking or slamming the brakes. It’s about having the full story, not just the aftermath.
And how about peace of mind? You don’t have to remember to press a button or hope the system triggers correctly. It’s always recording, so you’re always covered.
I do see the value of that. I think it would be cool if Lucid added that, as especially with road rage it’s important to have minutes before any accident causing event on file. I’ve watched enough of those Tesla cam videos to know it made a difference, like some jerk in a lifted Ram who hates EVs harassing the driver and causing a crash but blaming the Tesla. I think there’s like 10,000 videos of separate very similar incidences haha.
 
You can also connect this to the Steering Wheel Controls Custom Button. Press and hold the button to have quick access to re-assign the control -- a bunch more options got added to this and the Pilot Panel Custom Buttons in 3.3.x; I discovered this accidentally last night.
I linked the steering custom button to my homelink. The geofencing I had on my MS just annoyed me. I really like just being able to hit a conveniently placed button to activate the gargae door.
 
Took delivery two weeks ago. Grand Touring, ordered day one. I had an 18 month lease on my Air Grand Touring that I'd extended to two years; I took delivery of the Gravity the day before the Air lease expired... good timing!

It is such a joy to drive. Handling, clearance, comfort (massaging seats!) and well-placed, easy to read screens. I took it up to Tahoe Wednesday and had 80 miles range left when I arrived (from a 100% charge). On the way back, from 90% charge, I got home with nearly 50% battery remaining!

Some issues they need to work out:
  • Key fob issue: enough said. I replaced the battery twice in two weeks before learning that all I likely needed was a fob reset. Well, at least now I know the battery is full!
  • Various display issues, mainly just inconsistently applied. The right-of-steering wheel sub-display wasn't showing turn-by-turn directions *or* Now Playing for the entire drive home, and it seems like it otherwise shows up somewhat inconsistently. The left sub-display works fine but it would be nice if there were more options available.
  • The Energy app's usage graph is very cool! However, it got tripped up often, and kept defaulting to percentage display of rated range, instead of dynamic. It also decided 2/3 of the way on the trip to reset to Mile 1, even though I hadn't stopped or pulled over.
  • I didn't miss CarPlay as much as I thought I would, but I still missed it. I hope that CarPlay and Andriod Auto come soon, and allow for some of the next-gen integrations with the existing Lucid displays.
All in all, the car is brand new, the software is in its infancy, and it will doubtless get better and better as time goes on. Hopefully there's an OTA fix for the key FOB issue as I don't want to carry a screwdriver on the road and/or have my card around "just in case."

But man, was it worth the wait!
Mike - interested in your Tahoe drive. Where did you leave from and arrive to? How many miles? And if you could guess, what speed do you typically drive on the highway?
 
Ugh. I was supposed to pick up my DE #175 Thursday from the Roswell, GA service center. Just got a call that it’s not ready. They now want me to pick it up Friday. Needs a safety update that requires the engineers in Arizona to plug into it, so it’s not an over-the-air update. Any idea what this would be?
 
Ugh. I was supposed to pick up my DE #175 Thursday from the Roswell, GA service center. Just got a call that it’s not ready. They now want me to pick it up Friday. Needs a safety update that requires the engineers in Arizona to plug into it, so it’s not an over-the-air update. Any idea what this would be?
The previous safety hold was due to airbags. Hopefully, that is not what the problem is here.
 
The previous safety hold was due to airbags. Hopefully, that is not what the problem is here.
I asked about airbags and I was told it was something electrical, which is not what I want to hear as an electrical engineer.
 
FedEx just delivered our Dream Edition Frunk Seat, and other swag.
* Insulated bag Dream Edition
* Blanket Dream Edition
* Wine carrier Dream Edition
* Bear emblem metal wine cups
* Lucid corkscrew
* Camp light
* Lucid carabineer (for hanging camp light)
 
Ugh. I was supposed to pick up my DE #175 Thursday from the Roswell, GA service center. Just got a call that it’s not ready. They now want me to pick it up Friday. Needs a safety update that requires the engineers in Arizona to plug into it, so it’s not an over-the-air update. Any idea what this would be?
May I ask what color you got? I'm still undecided on color, but my order is Supernova Bronze. I really want to see the color in the natural light. I live in South Carolina and willing to drive to Roswell to see one. Thanks!
 
May I ask what color you got? I'm still undecided on color, but my order is Supernova Bronze. I really want to see the color in the natural light. I live in South Carolina and willing to drive to Roswell to see one. Thanks!
I ordered the Abyss Black with Tahoe interior. The associate at the Roswell, GA service center said they have 30 Gravities in the lot ready for delivery, which sounds like a lot. You might want to call them and see of they have your color.
 
I ordered the Abyss Black with Tahoe interior. The associate at the Roswell, GA service center said they have 30 Gravities in the lot ready for delivery, which sounds like a lot. You might want to call them and see of they have your color.
Will do and thanks!
 
My GGT arrived in Costa Mesa on October 3 and was "ready" for delivery as early as October 10. We scheduled it for October 13. On October 12 as I was signing over our 2nd car to Carmax, he texted to tell me that more inspection has to be done so delivery will be delayed for a few days, maybe on October 17. As of today, there is no word from my SA except that he'll let me know asap. I am going on a scheduled vacation from October 21 to November 2 so at this point, I'd rather take delivery after we return. Can they insist on delivering it before my trip and what can they do if I insisted on waiting until I return. How about if delivery becomes available while I'm gone? Can they cancel my order? Anyone in this situation before?
 
My GGT arrived in Costa Mesa on October 3 and was "ready" for delivery as early as October 10. We scheduled it for October 13. On October 12 as I was signing over our 2nd car to Carmax, he texted to tell me that more inspection has to be done so delivery will be delayed for a few days, maybe on October 17. As of today, there is no word from my SA except that he'll let me know asap. I am going on a scheduled vacation from October 21 to November 2 so at this point, I'd rather take delivery after we return. Can they insist on delivering it before my trip and what can they do if I insisted on waiting until I return. How about if delivery becomes available while I'm gone? Can they cancel my order? Anyone in this situation before?
Express to your SA you want to take delivery after your vacation & will it be cancelled or can the place a hold for you.
 
That would be insane and unreasonable if they cancelled you for being on vacation after they bumped you. I sincerely hope that wouldn't be the case.

It is worrisome to hear they are still catching safety problems at the delivery center at this point, no? Or are they making safety updates that should be pushed to all cars? 🤷
 
Question about the dash cam feature:

We formatted the USB stick and chose the triggering events for the Drive Recorder.

However, when I open Video Storage it asks again to format the stick. I did so and tried again, and I just got another prompt to format the stick. This happened over and over.

Is Video Storage integral to the operation of the Drive Recorder, or is it an entirely separate feature? If the latter, what USB stick is it referring to?
 
Gravity Crossbars are now available on the store for anyone that wants them - $650
You need to read up on those crossbars on the Reddit thread. Evidently, there was a problem with how the Air crossbars attached to the roof. As I understand it, the bolts on the crossbar brackets attach to a nut in a blind hole in the roof of the car. That nut wants to turn when you unscrew the bolt to remove the crossbar. If that nut starts turning there is no way to grab hold of it because it’s under the roof of the car. I don’t know if the Gravity design is improved, but the people who mounted them on the Air couldn’t get them off, so the crossbars became permanent. Let us know if the Gravity design has the same issue. I like the look of the crossbars, but I would want the option to remove them to improve the range for a long trip.
 
Hey everyone, I’m hoping someone has some ideas on how to expedite the process of getting my gravity delivery.

I have a non-negotiable moving date (i need the car for it), so I placed my order on the website in July. My sales representative informed me that production would only begin in November. However, I quickly found an option on the website that would be available in two weeks (starting October 2). My sales representative, a very nice person, added the car to my profile.

The car left the factory and arrived in New Jersey on Monday, October 13th. My sales representative keeps trying to get a delivery date, but the service center doesn’t provide any information. Is there any way I can contact someone other than my sales representative to inquire about the status of the car? I need the car before the end of next week at the latest (October 24th), but with all the paperwork, wire transfer, and registration process, I’m starting to worry that I won’t be able to get it.

Any suggestions?
 
I linked the steering custom button to my homelink. The geofencing I had on my MS just annoyed me. I really like just being able to hit a conveniently placed button to activate the gargae door.
I did the same thing and agree it is an excellent use of the button. Be careful though, I then added a second homelink profile for the neighborhood entrance gate and it rendered the button inoperative. The two profiles still work fine but I can't activate either through the programable button. Im thinking about deleting one of the profiles to get the use of the button back.
 
If getting ready for a lease delivery, you may want to make sure your license is up to date and has correct address. I was supposed to get my car this Saturday but SA noticed my address was not current as I sold my primary house a couple months ago. No delivery until I get the updated license...so probably another 2 weeks. Ugh. I even downloaded the certificate to prove it was on the way as well as asked if I could go to DMV and get temp license. Both were negative...so I wait a little more. lol

By the way, this is a state rule. I'm in NC, but Lucid service in GA said they deliver cars if you only have certificate.
 
Back
Top