Gravity Delivery Discussion

The ability of the 2nd row to move forward gives you the option for EXTRA cargo room behind the 2nd row. If it were fixed, any objects bigger than the space behind would require the seats to be folded and would not be able to carry passengers. I see this as an alternative for a few use cases, but at least there is an option for it.
Could you clarify the purpose of the large gap behind the second row? Is it intentional for a specific feature or function?
 
I mean, the answer seems fairly obvious - the site was the original design, and what’s in production is likely due to choices made at or near the production line once they realized they either didn’t get certain components in time, decided it was a better idea to streamline those seats for efficiency of creation, etc.

If you recall, in the first few months of Air, they produced many vehicles with the full SSP and DDP packages, and then gave folks 90-day trials of them. It confused a lot of people, but they did that (as I understand it) because it was literally cheaper and more efficient to simply produce more of the same car than it was to stop the line and re-fit it for a different set of components.

It didn’t last long, and I suspect something similar may happen here.
How.
Dare.
They.
 
Well, they are saving design effort (same 2nd row for everyone), manufacturing options (same 2nd row for everyone), and then parts/stocking variations.
And, the seats do need to be moved forward if you want to get something out of the canyon without crawling on your belly from the back.

When I get my car, I'm going to take measurements and see what I can build/print in terms of cubbies for the canyon.
Please do. I am expecting a 5-seat config soon and I was planning to fire up Fusion 360 and design something to print, perhaps in TPU. Let us know what you come up with.
 
Could you clarify the purpose of the large gap behind the second row? Is it intentional for a specific feature or function?
It’s intentional for the footwell for the third row when it is in use. In our Rivian, as an example, that space (which is smaller as Rivian provides less leg room) gets covered up because the seats do not fold flat to floor, so they fold and cover up this footwell - which is what happens with most cars. Then one has to make the second row go back a bit to make it flat and truly cover the gap. Also, in the R1S and X, they don’t have much of a 3rd row footwell, so there’s little/no legroom. I believe Lucid intentionally designed this third row to be as useful as a third row can be - including the footwell.

Less expensive and quicker to keep it that way for five seaters - though it’s probably annoying for five seat folks.

Much easier for Lucid to design some sort of fill piece and sell it later for folks who are really bothered by it.
 
I don’t think there’s a clean price threshold where annoyances suddenly become “unacceptable,” but I do think expectations scale with cost, especially when the brand promises a premium experience.

If I paid $30K for a car and the seat motors were loud or the specs didn’t match the website, I’d be annoyed but probably chalk it up to cost-cutting. At $50K, I’d expect better fit and finish. But at $100K+, I expect the basics to be dialed in, especially when it comes to configuration accuracy and mechanical refinement.

It’s not about expecting perfection. It’s about expecting that the car I ordered matches what was advertised, and that I don’t have to troubleshoot weird noises or wonder if my build was a mistake. The fact that the 5-seater was supposed to come without rails(at least according to the picture onLucid site) , and mine has them, plus a motor that sounds like it’s chewing gravel, feels more like a misbuild than a quirk.

So yeah, I don’t think money guarantees zero flaws. But it should guarantee accountability, and a product that doesn’t make you question whether you got the right version of the car.
Not intending to sound like an a-hole here…so please don’t flame me…but…

Only simple counter to “matching what was advertised” is Lucid, as with most manufacturers, has had, and continues to have, a footnote on photos and specs that says “Based on preproduction specifications; subject to change.”

One always has the option to wait to see the final product and make a decision versus committing to buy sight unseen.

Caveat emptor
 
I spent my entire career with computer and networking equipment manufacturers. At this stage, you're getting a lot of feedback on the product and the manufacturing process, and the churn is very high. Auto manufacturing is no exception to this; it simply takes time. I have a 2025 Air, and it has been 99% perfect, evidence that they will eventually work it all out. I am not expecting the same experience with Gravity - just isn't possible at this point in the lifecycle. I had one of the first Model Ss: it was missing all kinds of features, they replaced the HV battery, both screens, some console parts, window motors, and more. The software was a mess. That was Tesla's first real car, and it was on a very steep learning curve. At least this is Lucid's second vehicle, so it will be better, but not like a car that has been in production for years. You can't expect perfection but I'll settle for awesomeness!
 
Could you clarify the purpose of the large gap behind the second row? Is it intentional for a specific feature or function?
Extra storage? It's most likely what everyone here has said about ease of manufacturing. There is supposed to be an eventual cover for that gap, at least that's what was shown.
 
The ability of the 2nd row to move forward gives you the option for EXTRA cargo room behind the 2nd row. If it were fixed, any objects bigger than the space behind would require the seats to be folded and would not be able to carry passengers. I see this as an alternative for a few use cases, but at least there is an option for it.
And provides for easier access to that space
 
Extra storage? It's most likely what everyone here has said about ease of manufacturing. There is supposed to be an eventual cover for that gap, at least that's what was shown.
I could picture those tracks pushing up a floor mat that’s covering them like in the Lucid website rendering as well, so I’m not surprised that if the goal was to have moving second row, that they just did it the same as the 7 seater.
 
Yes, the second row doesn’t need to move forward, it can simply recline. As I mentioned, the seats fold flat without needing to move. The front seats adjust automatically, and the second-row movement is only intended for third-row access.

My last two Jeep Grand Cherokees (2014 and 1998) that don't even have a third row had a second row that moves. It's not at all something specific to giving third row access.
 
Please do. I am expecting a 5-seat config soon and I was planning to fire up Fusion 360 and design something to print, perhaps in TPU. Let us know what you come up with.
I can probably do a scan of it. I’m going to get some scans done of the interior of mine but it’s a 7-seater if that makes a difference. I just need to bring my laptop in there to use my laser scanner because the optical one doesn’t work that well on all the dark surfaces.
 
Not intending to sound like an a-hole here…so please don’t flame me…but…

Only simple counter to “matching what was advertised” is Lucid, as with most manufacturers, has had, and continues to have, a footnote on photos and specs that says “Based on preproduction specifications; subject to change.”

One always has the option to wait to see the final product and make a decision versus committing to buy sight unseen.

Caveat emptor
Fair enough
 
I'm trying to enable Halo Secure using a 256 GB USB flash drive. The drive formatted successfully, but the "Event Recording" option remains grayed out. Is the USB size the issue. Do I need to use a smaller drive?
 
I'm trying to enable Halo Secure using a 256 GB USB flash drive. The drive formatted successfully, but the "Event Recording" option remains grayed out. Is the USB size the issue. Do I need to use a smaller drive?
Hmmm. Good question. I have 256gb and it’s fine. I know several other folks do too. By “usb size” do you mean storage amount?
 
Hmmm. Good question. I have 256gb and it’s fine. I know several other folks do too. By “usb size” do you mean storage amount?
I figured it out. Looks like everytime I enter the car it defaults to Guest profile. I need to switch to my profile manually. Is there a way to default to my profile instead of Guest?
 
I figured it out. Looks like everytime I enter the car it defaults to Guest profile. I need to switch to my profile manually. Is there a way to default to my profile instead of Guest?
Link your key fob or key card to your profile in the settings.
 
I did. Should I remove the key fob and key cards from the Guest?
Guest shouldn’t have any key fobs or cards attached. It will always be the default
 
Guests shouldn’t have any key fobs or cards attached. It will always be the default
I think it was set up by mistake during my delivery. I will remove all the keys from the Guest, but the customer service told me it's used for Valet Parking. hank you
 
Last edited:
I think it was set up by mistake during my delivery. I will remove all the keys from the Guest, but the customer told me it's used for Valet Parking. hank you

I believe you can set up a specific card as a guest for something like valet but the ones you want to use for yourself should only be assigned to your profile.
 
Back
Top