Gravity Delivery Discussion

My DE is arriving this week to the Roswell, GA service center. Anyone have a revised delivery checklist besides the August 6th version in the delivery day thread? If not, I’ll take that one and add to it, put in a spreadsheet, and print out to take with me.
The list from the delivery day thread is extensive - it is 10 pages
 
Picked up our CGT today in WPB. Very smooth process. No items on the due list.
Drove home to Sarasota. This car is everything we wanted and more, just a dream to drive and the seat massage is incredible.
Nice to see no due bill items. Hopefully, this is a sign they are working out the problems causing initial quality issues after delivery.
 
Took delivery two weeks ago. Grand Touring, ordered day one. I had an 18 month lease on my Air Grand Touring that I'd extended to two years; I took delivery of the Gravity the day before the Air lease expired... good timing!

It is such a joy to drive. Handling, clearance, comfort (massaging seats!) and well-placed, easy to read screens. I took it up to Tahoe Wednesday and had 80 miles range left when I arrived (from a 100% charge). On the way back, from 90% charge, I got home with nearly 50% battery remaining!

Some issues they need to work out:
  • Key fob issue: enough said. I replaced the battery twice in two weeks before learning that all I likely needed was a fob reset. Well, at least now I know the battery is full!
  • Various display issues, mainly just inconsistently applied. The right-of-steering wheel sub-display wasn't showing turn-by-turn directions *or* Now Playing for the entire drive home, and it seems like it otherwise shows up somewhat inconsistently. The left sub-display works fine but it would be nice if there were more options available.
  • The Energy app's usage graph is very cool! However, it got tripped up often, and kept defaulting to percentage display of rated range, instead of dynamic. It also decided 2/3 of the way on the trip to reset to Mile 1, even though I hadn't stopped or pulled over.
  • I didn't miss CarPlay as much as I thought I would, but I still missed it. I hope that CarPlay and Andriod Auto come soon, and allow for some of the next-gen integrations with the existing Lucid displays.
All in all, the car is brand new, the software is in its infancy, and it will doubtless get better and better as time goes on. Hopefully there's an OTA fix for the key FOB issue as I don't want to carry a screwdriver on the road and/or have my card around "just in case."

But man, was it worth the wait!
 
Lucid should add an option under locking for "Leave unlocked at home" and at work too. Which means there needs to be ways to enter your Home and Work locations in the Nav. Inside a locked garage, one should be able to leave their car unlocked so family members can get things in/out of it without having the keyfob on them.
There is a way to enter home and work in Gravity Nav and then they’re one touch. So it knows the location, but would need the additional functionality for not locking (if that’s what you wanted).
 
I received my 5-seat Gravity, but I believe Lucid may have misrepresented the second-row seats. My car came with seat rails, and the back seats move forward when pressing the side button, which makes no sense for the 5-seat configuration. The motor makes an extremely loud and unpleasant noise when the seats move.

Lucid’s website shows that the 5-seater should not have rails (attached) , so this seems inconsistent. Additionally, there’s a persistent squeaking noise from the back seats while driving, which might be coming from that same motor.

I’m very disappointed — it’s a beautiful car, but issues like this are frustrating, especially when paying over $100,000.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20251011_222806_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20251011_222806_Chrome.webp
    114.2 KB · Views: 138
My car came with seat rails, and the back seats move forward when pressing the side button, which makes no sense for the 5-seat configuration. The motor makes an extremely loud and unpleasant noise when the seats move.
This is correct. The 5-seater in the Valley Fair Mall (Santa Clara, CA) has the tracks and the motors and buttons, maybe not the loud/unpleasant motor noise though. The rationale is to make it easier to get to the "canyon" storage.
 
Assuming Gravity works like my Air, how do you plan to leave it unlocked? If you leave, the car will automatically lock. If you leave the keyfob in the vehicle, then the car is going to want to be "on." And leaving the keyfob in the vehicle is a bad idea no matter where you are. This is a pain, and I hope Lucid copies Tesla and allows you to set locations where the car does not lock, like "home." It's just a hassle to lock it in my already locked garage.
I lock mine just to turn off lights - even when in garage.
 
If you get a chance, post the consumption of your drive from San Jose to North lake Tahoe on your way out. Very interested in that range uphill.
~2.72 miles/kW is what I got.
I have experienced greater energy consumption on how fast you drive. If I drive at 60-75 or around bay area, I am in the low to mid 3s. Out on the road at 75-90, I am somewhere around 2.42 miles/kW. This is with mid wheels, 44 psi, and DE Gravity.
 
I received my 5-seat Gravity, but I believe Lucid may have misrepresented the second-row seats. My car came with seat rails, and the back seats move forward when pressing the side button, which makes no sense for the 5-seat configuration. The motor makes an extremely loud and unpleasant noise when the seats move.

Lucid’s website shows that the 5-seater should not have rails (attached) , so this seems inconsistent. Additionally, there’s a persistent squeaking noise from the back seats while driving, which might be coming from that same motor.

I’m very disappointed — it’s a beautiful car, but issues like this are frustrating, especially when paying over $100,000.
It does feel like Lucid thought no one would order the 5 seat config, and so they didn't bother to complete the engineering for it. I don't want the tracks (and associated floor mat notches), it's just something for water to get into when someone with snow on their boots enters the 2nd row. I'm also disappointed, but probably not enough to cancel my order over this issue.

It seems like the prevailing theory for 2nd row squeaks is that it comes from the seat belt receiver. But I don't think we've yet heard clear evidence of that being the common cause.
 
It does feel like Lucid thought no one would order the 5 seat config, and so they didn't bother to complete the engineering for it. I don't want the tracks (and associated floor mat notches), it's just something for water to get into when someone with snow on their boots enters the 2nd row. I'm also disappointed, but probably not enough to cancel my order over this issue.

It seems like the prevailing theory for 2nd row squeaks is that it comes from the seat belt receiver. But I don't think we've yet heard clear evidence of that being the common cause.
It’s very strange that Lucid would spend money on something unnecessary — the 5-seater doesn’t need rails or a motor. Such a waste. Someone on another forum suggested moving the second-row seat forward or backward, and that might help eliminate the squeak. I will try it tomorrow during the daylight
 
It’s very strange that Lucid would spend money on something unnecessary — the 5-seater doesn’t need rails or a motor. Such a waste. Someone on another forum suggested moving the second-row seat forward or backward, and that might help eliminate the squeak. I will try it tomorrow during the daylight
I imagine that from Lucid's perspective, it's a cost saving measure, because it avoids a different set of parts for 5 seat versus 7 seat builds.
 
It’s very strange that Lucid would spend money on something unnecessary — the 5-seater doesn’t need rails or a motor.
Well, they are saving design effort (same 2nd row for everyone), manufacturing options (same 2nd row for everyone), and then parts/stocking variations.
And, the seats do need to be moved forward if you want to get something out of the canyon without crawling on your belly from the back.

When I get my car, I'm going to take measurements and see what I can build/print in terms of cubbies for the canyon.
 
~2.72 miles/kW is what I got.
I have experienced greater energy consumption on how fast you drive. If I drive at 60-75 or around bay area, I am in the low to mid 3s. Out on the road at 75-90, I am somewhere around 2.42 miles/kW. This is with mid wheels, 44 psi, and DE Gravity.
For some reason, they deliver them at 44psi but 42psi is the recommended number on the door sill.
 
The 20/21 range wheels are also recommended for 42PSI. Mine were delivered at 44 as well, but it’s gonna get colder here shortly so I’ll just leave them at 44 since they’ll drop to at least 42 cold soon.
 
I imagine that from Lucid's perspective, it's a cost saving measure, because it avoids a different set of parts for 5 seat versus 7 seat builds.
The other piece is having the second row move allows you to modify second row leg space versus cargo space with second row still UP. In order to ensure they fold flat, they have to be back from the front seats a bit, but there could be a scenario where one wants more cargo in back but also wants second row seats up (car seat, smaller folks in back, etc), so the movement can be helpful.

Agree it likely saves cost, etc.

The only thing I’ve heard from five seaters that does feel a bit unfinished is the ones where the clips/hook in for third row are still present. That wouldn’t bother me as an owner, but I understand it feels a bit unfinished if you don’t have the third row. If you do have the third row, that IS what looks like when third row is stored.
 
I received my 5-seat Gravity, but I believe Lucid may have misrepresented the second-row seats. My car came with seat rails, and the back seats move forward when pressing the side button, which makes no sense for the 5-seat configuration. The motor makes an extremely loud and unpleasant noise when the seats move.

Lucid’s website shows that the 5-seater should not have rails (attached) , so this seems inconsistent. Additionally, there’s a persistent squeaking noise from the back seats while driving, which might be coming from that same motor.

I’m very disappointed — it’s a beautiful car, but issues like this are frustrating, especially when paying over $100,000.
That’s an interesting “photo” from Lucid because it also clearly shows the button on side of seat that is used to slide the seat forward. Without sliders, that button is not needed as the lever or buttons in back can adjust the seat back…hmmm.
 
I received my 5-seat Gravity, but I believe Lucid may have misrepresented the second-row seats. My car came with seat rails, and the back seats move forward when pressing the side button, which makes no sense for the 5-seat configuration. The motor makes an extremely loud and unpleasant noise when the seats move.

Lucid’s website shows that the 5-seater should not have rails (attached) , so this seems inconsistent. Additionally, there’s a persistent squeaking noise from the back seats while driving, which might be coming from that same motor.

I’m very disappointed — it’s a beautiful car, but issues like this are frustrating, especially when paying over $100,000.
Yeah I saw your post on Facebook too about how absolutely unacceptable and disappointing this is for a $100K car. (The track noise gets less with use, has to get the oil all along the motors, working on a fix for squeaks). I’m curious what price point you think having temporarily noisy motors, or tracks for 2nd row seats, is ok? $50k? $30k? I’ve always wondered myself what amount of money guarantees you don’t experience annoying things and what amount of money means you deserve to experience annoying things and still don’t have an answer.
 
Last edited:
Yeah I saw your post on Facebook too about how absolutely unacceptable and disappointing this is for a $100K car. (The track noise gets less with use, has to get the oil all along the motors, working on a fix for squeaks). I’m curious what price point you think having temporarily noisy motors, or tracks for 2nd row seats, is ok? $50k? $30k? I’ve always wondered myself what amount of money guarantees you don’t experience annoying things and what amount of money means you deserve to experience annoying things and still don’t have an answer.
I don’t think there’s a clean price threshold where annoyances suddenly become “unacceptable,” but I do think expectations scale with cost, especially when the brand promises a premium experience.

If I paid $30K for a car and the seat motors were loud or the specs didn’t match the website, I’d be annoyed but probably chalk it up to cost-cutting. At $50K, I’d expect better fit and finish. But at $100K+, I expect the basics to be dialed in, especially when it comes to configuration accuracy and mechanical refinement.

It’s not about expecting perfection. It’s about expecting that the car I ordered matches what was advertised, and that I don’t have to troubleshoot weird noises or wonder if my build was a mistake. The fact that the 5-seater was supposed to come without rails(at least according to the picture onLucid site) , and mine has them, plus a motor that sounds like it’s chewing gravel, feels more like a misbuild than a quirk.

So yeah, I don’t think money guarantees zero flaws. But it should guarantee accountability, and a product that doesn’t make you question whether you got the right version of the car.
 
Back
Top