Gravity Delivery Discussion

My Gravity delivery is due at my home today. When ordered Nov 7 2024 I ordered Dream Drive Premium. Now I see they show Dream Drive Premium2 on the configurator.
Does anyone know when this changed ? Which Dream Drive will I get ?
The car was produced in September. BTW delivery was scheduled for Monday, so I was ready, changed to Tuesday so I was home, changed to today and I am here waiting.
We will see.....??????????
I believe that's basically what you ordered. Gravity comes with Dream Drive 2.0 as standard. So the upspecs from there are based on 2.0 rather than Air's 1.0. I think they just labeled it differently perhaps to prevent confusion from people new to Lucid (like me).
 
wow. dissappointing.

this was the worst experience I could have imagined. I spent 7 hours trying to take this Gravity home. and nothing, except losing my $1k deposit.

My sales advisor confirmed my lease deal last week. the numbers were done. I was getting a certain amount for my trade in, a $7,500 ev credit and a $2k trade in incentive. the rest was simple math to get to my lease deal. this was all confirmed last week via text.

the lucidmotors website did not show the deal and my SA said that is fine. he said because i have a trade in nothing finalizes until i bring the car in. well, I did.

after hours of changing registrations, spending time setting up my new gravity, and all the back end work they do, they started to put paper in front of me to sign. so i start signing. then at the very end around 7 pm at night, they want me to sign my trade in title. I ask to confirm the trade in price and VOILA! the offer i received was changed. it was lower which made the lease higher in cost. when i said that this did not make sense, they went back and forth.

long story short…. i did my trade in inspection four days ago. got the offer and my SA gave me the final price. well, some guy from [email protected] sent me an email right after the inspection that the price offered was lowered. i did not see this email as it was not from LUCID!! my SA never saw this email either. so both of us thought the car was priced higher. in addition, they tell me the $2k trade in incentive does not exist for the gravity. i learn all lf this 6 hours into the buying experience.

needless to say, I was tired and said no. we move with the deal I was told and the reason why I am here or nothing. they tried hard for me to understand the mistake they made and for me to accept the lower offer for my trade in and the removal of the incentive. but, I am old, and I was tired. I said no.

They then told me I would lose my $1k deposit which I made in November of 2024.

so, no car, no $1k, terrible experience.

this is the end for me with Lucid.

i have been a true Lucid fan since buying my Air in 2023. I have many referrals and convinced many friends to buy Lucid. i still have over 90k unused referral points. I have participated in several Lucid member rallies and always talked up the brand.

that ended today.

this will be my last post here (at least for now). I went from a person dreaming of the Gravity to now a person who wants the 11 months left ln my Lucid Air lease to come by fast so I can get rid of it.

so long Lucid and good luck.
Sorry to hear about your experience Andretex, Lucid makes amazing cars its everything else that does leave a lot to be desired.

Your config is the exact config I'm looking for, is this GT now orphaned for someone else to take possession of? Would love to grab it if possible. Not sure how we'd work this out
 
My Gravity delivery is due at my home today. When ordered Nov 7 2024 I ordered Dream Drive Premium. Now I see they show Dream Drive Premium2 on the configurator.
Does anyone know when this changed ? Which Dream Drive will I get ?
The car was produced in September. BTW delivery was scheduled for Monday, so I was ready, changed to Tuesday so I was home, changed to today and I am here waiting.
We will see.....??????????
Update on delivery , NOT TODAY ! This is the third day in a row it has been scheduled to be at my home. It has been scheduled with a time each day, I have been here
waiting, and either no response or a very late call saying "sorry".
 
Update on delivery , NOT TODAY ! This is the third day in a row it has been scheduled to be at my home. It has been scheduled with a time each day, I have been here
waiting, and either no response or a very late call saying "sorry".
Well, there’s no rush or motivation for Lucid now. They’re effectively taking a breather. It’s what they did after the end of Q2. If they deliver your car today or 12/31, it’s the same to them.
 
Why are there so few on the inventory list with the 21/22 size wheels? We are hunting for a fully loaded in inventory with those wheels, but of the 30 or so 7-passenger options on the site now, only 3 have that wheel combination. I haven't seen many on the site since they started posting them there. Are they not popular, is it a supply issue, or are those are most popular and no one is giving them up?
My sense is there were a bunch of 21/22 inventory cars about 45
-60 days ago that were “placed”. I saw them and/or was offered them by my SA.

I think folks now either want the range at 20/21 or the look and feel of the 22/23 which allegedly have same range as 21/22. Also, inventory now is just kind of whack - like, 20/21 tires, tech package and nothing else.

That said, I liked 21/22 as I wanted A/S tires. I really wanted 20/21 but didn’t want to wait. They were supply constrained for a while.
 
Well, there’s no rush or motivation for Lucid now. They’re effectively taking a breather. It’s what they did after the end of Q2. If they deliver your car today or 12/31, it’s the same to them.
You said this last quarter, and I thought it couldn't possibly be true, and it turned out you were right. So I can't argue that you're wrong, but I still don't understand the logic.

Why not deliver a bunch of vehicles now, especially if they're built, and allow more capacity for stuffing the order books in December so the overall quarter-end number will be even higher? Why piss off customers in the interim?

Assuming you're right, there's additional cause for pessimism around my as-yet-undelivered car.....

FFFFFFFF
 
You said this last quarter, and I thought it couldn't possibly be true, and it turned out you were right. So I can't argue that you're wrong, but I still don't understand the logic.

Why not deliver a bunch of vehicles now, especially if they're built, and allow more capacity for stuffing the order books in December so the overall quarter-end number will be even higher? Why piss off customers in the interim?

Assuming you're right, there's additional cause for pessimism around my as-yet-undelivered car.....

FFFFFFFF
Sorry! You raise good points. I can’t answer the question. I just know it’s exactly how Tesla and Rivian have operated for years.
 
You said this last quarter, and I thought it couldn't possibly be true, and it turned out you were right. So I can't argue that you're wrong, but I still don't understand the logic.

Why not deliver a bunch of vehicles now, especially if they're built, and allow more capacity for stuffing the order books in December so the overall quarter-end number will be even higher? Why piss off customers in the interim?

Assuming you're right, there's additional cause for pessimism around my as-yet-undelivered car.....

FFFFFFFF
If they would just tell me the truth for God's sake. The information given each day just doesn't make sense. Today it was the driver was unable to make it here so he brought the vehicle back to the service center . If they would just tell me, each day the delivery has been confirmed by a phone call. I now understand they can still get the lease tax deduction with out physical delivery by Sept 30 as long as they have a payment, which I made last week. So, who knows ???
 
i picked up my Gravity GT today!! wow so nice. Black, Ojai, 5 seater, 20” wheels, fully loaded.

That Ojai interior is gorgeous. Why, oh why couldn't it have been available for the Dream Editions?
 
Acceleration somehow is insane, but does not throw you into your seat like the Model S did. Smooth.
Perhaps try Sprint mode if you start missing being thrown into your seat. :)
 
Update on delivery , NOT TODAY ! This is the third day in a row it has been scheduled to be at my home. It has been scheduled with a time each day, I have been here
waiting, and either no response or a very late call saying "sorry".
Hopefully you're getting explanations for the delays from your SA. "Sorry" without details is insufficient.
Mine was delayed by one day due to the driver needing more time to finish deliveries scheduled ahead of mine.
I could either take deliver in the dark or wait til the next morning. I chose the latter.
 
If they would just tell me the truth for God's sake. The information given each day just doesn't make sense. Today it was the driver was unable to make it here so he brought the vehicle back to the service center . If they would just tell me, each day the delivery has been confirmed by a phone call. I now understand they can still get the lease tax deduction with out physical delivery by Sept 30 as long as they have a payment, which I made last week. So, who knows ???
See if they will give you the driver's contact info.
I called my delivery driver and he let me know his schedule for my rescheduled (from previous day) day of delivery.
 
I think folks now either want the range at 20/21 or the look and feel of the 22/23 which allegedly have same range as 21/22.
They don't have the same range; they have the same EPA range ;)

Anyway, the main difference between them is just that the bigger ones are summer rubbers, and I suspect that just like the Air, there will never be an all-season or winter tire for those bigger wheels. I don't know that for sure, of course.

The 21/22s have plenty of options for summer tires, A/S, and snow.

You said this last quarter, and I thought it couldn't possibly be true, and it turned out you were right. So I can't argue that you're wrong, but I still don't understand the logic.

Why not deliver a bunch of vehicles now, especially if they're built, and allow more capacity for stuffing the order books in December so the overall quarter-end number will be even higher? Why piss off customers in the interim?

Assuming you're right, there's additional cause for pessimism around my as-yet-undelivered car.....

FFFFFFFF
I'd like to remind everyone this is pure speculation, and lots of things that 'sound right' aren't. Could be! But is also just as likely to be something like it's golden week and thus there are supplier shortages, or perhaps it was the typhoon, or who knows. My only point is there are lots of possible reasons for production or delivery to slow down other than 'we like operating under pressure at the end of the quarter' :P

Also, it is only 10/1 and we have no idea that anything has slowed down, lol. Someone just said that. With evidence of nothing. That's okay, but "assuming they're right" is a bigger stretch than it normally is. :P
 
wow. dissappointing.

this was the worst experience I could have imagined. I spent 7 hours trying to take this Gravity home. and nothing, except losing my $1k deposit.

My sales advisor confirmed my lease deal last week. the numbers were done. I was getting a certain amount for my trade in, a $7,500 ev credit and a $2k trade in incentive. the rest was simple math to get to my lease deal. this was all confirmed last week via text.

the lucidmotors website did not show the deal and my SA said that is fine. he said because i have a trade in nothing finalizes until i bring the car in. well, I did.

after hours of changing registrations, spending time setting up my new gravity, and all the back end work they do, they started to put paper in front of me to sign. so i start signing. then at the very end around 7 pm at night, they want me to sign my trade in title. I ask to confirm the trade in price and VOILA! the offer i received was changed. it was lower which made the lease higher in cost. when i said that this did not make sense, they went back and forth.

long story short…. i did my trade in inspection four days ago. got the offer and my SA gave me the final price. well, some guy from [email protected] sent me an email right after the inspection that the price offered was lowered. i did not see this email as it was not from LUCID!! my SA never saw this email either. so both of us thought the car was priced higher. in addition, they tell me the $2k trade in incentive does not exist for the gravity. i learn all lf this 6 hours into the buying experience.

needless to say, I was tired and said no. we move with the deal I was told and the reason why I am here or nothing. they tried hard for me to understand the mistake they made and for me to accept the lower offer for my trade in and the removal of the incentive. but, I am old, and I was tired. I said no.

They then told me I would lose my $1k deposit which I made in November of 2024.

so, no car, no $1k, terrible experience.

this is the end for me with Lucid.

i have been a true Lucid fan since buying my Air in 2023. I have many referrals and convinced many friends to buy Lucid. i still have over 90k unused referral points. I have participated in several Lucid member rallies and always talked up the brand.

that ended today.

this will be my last post here (at least for now). I went from a person dreaming of the Gravity to now a person who wants the 11 months left ln my Lucid Air lease to come by fast so I can get rid of it.

so long Lucid and good luck.

Good grief, Andre. I'm so sorry about this outcome.

I remember how much you liked your Air and how excited you were about the Gravity when my partner and I met you at the West Palm Beach studio last year when we were both there for the special showing of the Gravity.

There has been so much confusion on this forum arising from different SA's telling difference customers different things about the $2,000 loyalty offer that I'm not surprised that it could spawn such an impasse. Even though Lucid put the terms on its website showing it was only for certain Air purchases, they really should accept some responsibility for not getting their sales force on the same page as that is the personal face Lucid puts on customer touch points.

I'm not sure I would have had the self-discipline to walk away from the deal, but I certainly understand how, in the confluence of the several changes and miscommunications you experienced, you could.

I hope you one day find reason to come back.
 
Sorry to hear about your experience Andretex, Lucid makes amazing cars its everything else that does leave a lot to be desired.

Your config is the exact config I'm looking for, is this GT now orphaned for someone else to take possession of? Would love to grab it if possible. Not sure how we'd work this out
It got snatched up by @Six
 
Well, there’s no rush or motivation for Lucid now. They’re effectively taking a breather. It’s what they did after the end of Q2. If they deliver your car today or 12/31, it’s the same to them.
There's every motivation for Lucid to continue pushing. They still have an End Of Year target to try to meet. If they meet that, it becomes much less costly to raise the money they need to put MidSize into production.

I just know it’s exactly how Tesla and Rivian have operated for years.
This, vis-à-vis Tesla, is not actually what happened (at least in the years I was following the Model X and Model 3 rollouts. The factory did not slow down production after quarter end. It is true that domestic deliveries got a rush at EoQ and a lull afterwards. But that's just that they were optimizing end-of-quarter deliveries that took less time in transit. They would start shipping to fulfill Rest of World deliveries shortly after EoQ.

The CEO has said they are running double shifts at the factory specifically so they can ramp production to meet their stated targets. I have no reason to think they would slow down production just because the calendar changed from Q3 to Q4.
 
They don't have the same range; they have the same EPA range ;)

Anyway, the main difference between them is just that the bigger ones are summer rubbers, and I suspect that just like the Air, there will never be an all-season or winter tire for those bigger wheels. I don't know that for sure, of course.

The 21/22s have plenty of options for summer tires, A/S, and snow.


I'd like to remind everyone this is pure speculation, and lots of things that 'sound right' aren't. Could be! But is also just as likely to be something like it's golden week and thus there are supplier shortages, or perhaps it was the typhoon, or who knows. My only point is there are lots of possible reasons for production or delivery to slow down other than 'we like operating under pressure at the end of the quarter' :P

Also, it is only 10/1 and we have no idea that anything has slowed down, lol. Someone just said that. With evidence of nothing. That's okay, but "assuming they're right" is a bigger stretch than it normally is. :P
I did say “allegedly” on the range difference!

As for delivery pace, 100% speculation on my part. I give you that. I like to think it’s well informed speculation though! 😏 would really love to hear wrong!

Disclaimer - Past performance is not an indication of future performance.
 
There's every motivation for Lucid to continue pushing. They still have an End Of Year target to try to meet. If they meet that, it becomes much less costly to raise the money they need to put MidSize into production.


This, vis-à-vis Tesla, is not actually what happened (at least in the years I was following the Model X and Model 3 rollouts. The factory did not slow down production after quarter end. It is true that domestic deliveries got a rush at EoQ and a lull afterwards. But that's just that they were optimizing end-of-quarter deliveries that took less time in transit. They would start shipping to fulfill Rest of World deliveries shortly after EoQ.

The CEO has said they are running double shifts at the factory specifically so they can ramp production to meet their stated targets. I have no reason to think they would slow down production just because the calendar changed from Q3 to Q4.
I should clarify my comment. I did not intend to imply they’re slowing production and I didn’t say that. I am sure they’re ramping as they’ve said. And want to deliver to Canada, Europe, etc.

What I intended to communicate is my belief there will be a lull in deliveries for the first half of Q4, give or take. This is similar to what @johnse is saying happened with Tesla (happened going all the way back to my S in 2013). Domestic deliveries get a huge rush at end of quarter and then there’s a lull.

As an owner and lover of my Gravity, I’d love to be wrong and have a ton of Gravity sold ASAP (put aside service issues). I just don’t think that’s the way the model works for EV only manufacturers. Time will tell.
 
Back
Top