Gravity Delivery Discussion

Interesting, your SA says 3~4 days for inspection and prep while mine says 1-3 weeks. I hope yours is right.
Yours shipped today so I believe your SA is saying 1-3 weeks for you to take possession of the car. Sounds about right.
 
After a weird series of events, I also have a car that’s Preparing for Delivery. To summarize this mildly interesting story:

5/26 - Original order (green/tahoe/stealth/20-21s/SSP/DD premium/C&C/DH/Power)
At some point I mentioned to my SA that I’m open to inventory cars.
8/31 - SA offered a Black model that was suitable, submitted a change request
9/2 - Nothing in my account ever updated so I asked what was up. Turns out the car she offered was one of the Canadian ones and couldn’t be reassigned. Oh well.
9/6 - SA sends me a link to another inventory car that someone had apparently canceled. Matched my original order exactly so I said yes. She swapped it and my order page immediately went to In Production with a VIN. Also worth noting for later that the link she sent me was the same sort of page you’d see if you chose an inventory Air from the website, but presumably not discoverable to the public. Once she assigned the car to me, the page said the vehicle was no longer available.
9/8 - after remaining In Production all weekend, the status changes BACK to Order Confirmed. Weird. I ask my SA what’s up again, and she said the VIN had turned into a batch number with a production date of 10/31. This seemed very strange to me since that’s about when I figured my original order would be produced given what I’ve read on here.
9/9 - Still curious about what happened, I try opening the link my SA sent me on 9/6 and sure enough it shows the same car again, not the “no longer available” message. Like I noted, this is the same page you’d see if you were shopping for inventory Airs, complete with the form to reserve the car and pay the $1000 deposit. So I did. At this point I had two orders in my account, and the new one immediately showed Preparing for Delivery and was in fact the exact same VIN I had from 9/6-9/8.

I sent all of this info to my SA after that, and long(er) story short, she confirmed the car is real, waiting to be gated, and can be delivered to my house (not Tyson’s Corner as I had to select on the order page). She also had me cancel the original order and promised I’d get the refund. I’m honestly still slightly skeptical this will all work out but it seems promising at this point.
 
I think I had one of the longer adventures from VIN to delivery. My GDE was "In Production" with a VIN assigned 5/31. It was "factory gated" 7/28. Initially scheduled for delivery at the Houston Studio 8/16, but then pushed to 8/23 due to a late-breaking "required work order". Went to Houston for delivery 8/23, which was super cool...until it wasn't. While checking everything out, we had 3 issues: 1) passenger mirror stopped unfolding; 2) the passenger side 3rd row seat would not fold into the sub trunk; and 3) a "connectivity error" that prevented me from connecting to my LucidID (even though SXM, Nav, etc were all working). Since #1 was a "safety issue" and both 1 and 2 required parts they didn't have on-hand, we had to leave it there. It ultimately took another 2 weeks to get everything in and repaired, so we took delivery on 9/6! To Lucid's credit, they did a great job keeping me informed throughout, they provided a loaner Air (since I had also traded in my AGT as part of this), and for my trouble they ended up delivering the GDE to my home in Austin.

Even at the 9/6 delivery, the "connectivity error" persisted and required Customer Care intervention (as described in another thread on here). Worth noting - CC is prioritizing CALLS vs texts right now. Also, my GDE got delivered on a Sat night after CC was "closed" and they aren't available on Sundays. So beware of this when agreeing to delivery times.

The good news is that once I was actually able to drive it, it's been relatively issue-free (albeit for a short sample). I've been pleasantly surprised by the HUD after hearing all the horror stories, the ride is amazing, etc. So far I'm LOVING it just like other owners. Also I'm biased but the black/tahoe is beautiful (pics below from inside the Houston studio).
gde-front-hou-webp.32333
GDE profile HOU.webp
 

Attachments

  • GDE front HOU.webp
    GDE front HOU.webp
    1 MB · Views: 935
  • GDE profile HOU.webp
    GDE profile HOU.webp
    919.9 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
You may be interested in my timing experience for a Gravity DE : Original order April 21 , Advisor told me entered production August 29 (Told me probably 4-6 weeks for delivery) , however completed production on September 10 (Advisor said 1-2 weeks for delivery, predelivery check, etc) . Once again, called me this morning and told me car will be arriving to Florida (WPB) this coming Monday (ready to pick up anytime thereafter): about two weeks after entered production.
I will picking the vehicle in 2 weeks because I already have a travel scheduled and that is my available timing. GEICO insured the Gravity in Orlando area for 415.00 ( 6 mo and 500 deductible), actually half the price for my remaining ICV . Told them, have plenty of time to check for all bugs ,key fob issues, etc, and told me they have now much better knowledge since have delivered many Gravities in Florida lately. I am confident they are working hard to make this new vehicle a success and bring Lucid back to life. I hope so too.
 
Side note, but both European and Middle East markets have the ability to order a Gravity Touring model but North America does not on the website. I wonder why that is. Hopefully they open orders soon. I’m anxious to reserve a touring.
Revenue management, for sure.
 
GEICO insured the Gravity in Orlando area for 415.00 ( 6 mo and 500 deductible)
$415 with a $500 deductible???? You sure you're not missing a 0? lol. What are your coverages?

GEICO in CA was $2600 for 6 Months with $1500 deductible for me. I had to move it to Mercury for $2000 with $1000 deductible for 6 months
 
$415 with a $500 deductible???? You sure you're not missing a 0? lol. What are your coverages?

GEICO in CA was $2600 for 6 Months with $1500 deductible for me. I had to move it to Mercury for $2000 with $1000 deductible for 6 months
Yeah, that’s absurdly low. Amica in MD is $1,450 for six months with $1,000 deductible…it was their first Gravity.
 
$415 with a $500 deductible???? You sure you're not missing a 0? lol. What are your coverages?

GEICO in CA was $2600 for 6 Months with $1500 deductible for me. I had to move it to Mercury for $2000 with $1000 deductible for 6 months
Yeah, that’s absurdly low. Amica in MD is $1,450 for six months with $1,000 deductible…it was their first Gravity.
I think it might be $415 per month x 6 = $2,490
 
Yeah, that’s absurdly low. Amica in MD is $1,450 for six months with $1,000 deductible…it was their first Gravity.
In comparison, I just did a quote for a GDE in California with $200 deductible and it was $1,988.76/6 months with USAA.

Surprised cause that’s cheaper than my 2023 Model X Plaid which is $2100 lol.
 
You may be interested in my timing experience for a Gravity DE : Original order April 21 , Advisor told me entered production August 29 (Told me probably 4-6 weeks for delivery) , however completed production on September 10 (Advisor said 1-2 weeks for delivery, predelivery check, etc) . Once again, called me this morning and told me car will be arriving to Florida (WPB) this coming Monday (ready to pick up anytime thereafter): about two weeks after entered production.
I will picking the vehicle in 2 weeks because I already have a travel scheduled and that is my available timing. GEICO insured the Gravity in Orlando area for 415.00 ( 6 mo and 500 deductible), actually half the price for my remaining ICV . Told them, have plenty of time to check for all bugs ,key fob issues, etc, and told me they have now much better knowledge since have delivered many Gravities in Florida lately. I am confident they are working hard to make this new vehicle a success and bring Lucid back to life. I hope so too.
Ok, now I’m excited. On August 31 our Gravity was in production. We are taking delivery WPB. I’ll be checking my dashboard frequently! What was your configuration?
 
IMG_8108.webp

$415 with a $500 deductible???? You sure you're not missing a 0? lol. What are your coverages?

GEICO in CA was $2600 for 6 Months with $1500 deductible for me. I had to move it to Mercury for $2000 with $1000 deductible for 6 months
The insurance information is correct. Deductible is 500.00 ( No 5,000.00), Liability is 300K , PIP and other stuff is standard in Florida and compared to Progressive, there is significant Saving. Actually my 2025 BMW M8, is 930 x six months and The Gravity 415 and the total for TWO vehicles is 1345.00 ( Not quote, Just paid) . It was internet deal and insurances in Florida are not terrible like NY or CA . I was surprised the BMW was double of The Gravity. Those are good news for Fl . By the way , I haven't have a vehicle claim in 34 years if driving . That may help a lot.
 
Some insight for people refreshing their dashboard.

My dashboard moved to “preparing for delivery” today, but my SA stated the car hasn’t arrived at the service center yet. It’s still in the transportation truck on its way to CA (shipped yesterday).
 
Some insight for people refreshing their dashboard.

My dashboard moved to “preparing for delivery” today, but my SA stated the car hasn’t arrived at the service center yet. It’s still in the transportation truck on its way to CA (shipped yesterday).
It may depend on where you live and shipping time. My SA called about noon to tell me the car had arrived in Scottsdale but the dashboard didn't update to preparing for delivery until about 4PM. They may update the dashboard once a day when the vehicle leaves Casa Grande. In the case of Phoenix it got here before the daily update..
 
View attachment 32342

The insurance information is correct. Deductible is 500.00 ( No 5,000.00), Liability is 300K , PIP and other stuff is standard in Florida and compared to Progressive, there is significant Saving. Actually my 2025 BMW M8, is 930 x six months and The Gravity 415 and the total for TWO vehicles is 1345.00 ( Not quote, Just paid) . It was internet deal and insurances in Florida are not terrible like NY or CA . I was surprised the BMW was double of The Gravity. Those are good news for Fl . By the way , I haven't have a vehicle claim in 34 years if driving . That may help a lot.
I… want to believe you, but it sounds ludicrous. Would you feel comfortable posting the details or declaration page?

I wasn’t under the impression, based on the other Floridians here, that the insurance in Florida was apparently 90% off. :p
 
View attachment 32342

The insurance information is correct. Deductible is 500.00 ( No 5,000.00), Liability is 300K , PIP and other stuff is standard in Florida and compared to Progressive, there is significant Saving. Actually my 2025 BMW M8, is 930 x six months and The Gravity 415 and the total for TWO vehicles is 1345.00 ( Not quote, Just paid) . It was internet deal and insurances in Florida are not terrible like NY or CA . I was surprised the BMW was double of The Gravity. Those are good news for Fl . By the way , I haven't have a vehicle claim in 34 years if driving . That may help a lot.
Unless my reading comprehension is off.. that means your gravity is $415x6months = $2,490 which is pretty on-par with what everyone’s paying.
 
I… want to believe you, but it sounds ludicrous. Would you feel comfortable posting the details or declaration page?

I wasn’t under the impression, based on the other Floridians here, that the insurance in Florida was apparently 90% off. :p
Florida its other way, its high 😂
 
Back
Top