Gravity Delivery Discussion

Just got call my car is complete and in transit with expected arrival 9/15 and should be ready for delivery week after. That would be about 35 days after it showed “in production”. Still shows in production. Seems like they are really ramping. Wonder if I could ask them to take a window regulator out of the new one to put in the one I already have! 🤣

Black GGT, stealth, 20/21 loaded except HUD.

Still working to convince wife it’s a) better than her X and b) won’t have the issues mine has had. The latter is the big issue. My wife will accept zero bugs or issues. As a result, we may still defer because even with a new OTA pending, I will never hear the end of it if there’s an issue…
 
Just got call my car is complete and in transit with expected arrival 9/15 and should be ready for delivery week after. That would be about 35 days after it showed “in production”. Still shows in production. Seems like they are really ramping. Wonder if I could ask them to take a window regulator out of the new one to put in the one I already have! 🤣

Black GGT, stealth, 20/21 loaded except HUD.

Still working to convince wife it’s a) better than her X and b) won’t have the issues mine has had. The latter is the big issue. My wife will accept zero bugs or issues. As a result, we may still defer because even with a new OTA pending, I will never hear the end of it if there’s an issue…
Very close to my build! Which should mean I should take delivery in next 2 weeks
 
Just got call my car is complete and in transit with expected arrival 9/15 and should be ready for delivery week after. That would be about 35 days after it showed “in production”. Still shows in production. Seems like they are really ramping. Wonder if I could ask them to take a window regulator out of the new one to put in the one I already have! 🤣

Black GGT, stealth, 20/21 loaded except HUD.

Still working to convince wife it’s a) better than her X and b) won’t have the issues mine has had. The latter is the big issue. My wife will accept zero bugs or issues. As a result, we may still defer because even with a new OTA pending, I will never hear the end of it if there’s an issue…

Nah, she doesn't want it (and not because that's exactly the spec I'm waiting on ;) ) lol
 
ORDER UPDATE:

Ordered Nov. 7th bright and early in the morning.


- GGT White with Yosemite, Stealth, Seven Seats, Fully Loaded including Tow Package and Technology Package with HUD, 20/21's.
- Lot's of great communication with my Sales Agent throughout - being as transparent as she could be (we all know often we know more than them).
- Modified the order form once or twice on 5 or 7 seats and Yosemite v. Tahoe.
- Modified to remove tech and add power at their request.
- Finally yesterday I got an update there was a couple batches I could look at that were all "close" to my spec but not exact.
- Picked one of the batch designs - and SA said that she assigned me to that batch. Once I get a VIN she'll let me know.
- Rough estimate communicated was 6-8 weeks.
- No changes to my online portal except my order now reflects the configuration below which she said is a batch.

Final order configuration is:

GGT White, Stealth, Tahoe, 7 seats, 20/21's, DreamDrive Pro, Surreal Sound Pro, Comfort and Convenience Pack, Dynamic Handling Pack, Tech Pack, Towing Pack

I'm in San Jose, CA - so let's see how long it takes.
 
Anyone with a GGT w/ HUD hearing about their order going into production? My order has been assigned a batch number, which I'm assuming means they see the end of the supply chain constraint from the HUD supplier, but no specific date when it will actually go into production.
 
ORDER UPDATE:

Ordered Nov. 7th bright and early in the morning.


- GGT White with Yosemite, Stealth, Seven Seats, Fully Loaded including Tow Package and Technology Package with HUD, 20/21's.
- Lot's of great communication with my Sales Agent throughout - being as transparent as she could be (we all know often we know more than them).
- Modified the order form once or twice on 5 or 7 seats and Yosemite v. Tahoe.
- Modified to remove tech and add power at their request.
- Finally yesterday I got an update there was a couple batches I could look at that were all "close" to my spec but not exact.
- Picked one of the batch designs - and SA said that she assigned me to that batch. Once I get a VIN she'll let me know.
- Rough estimate communicated was 6-8 weeks.
- No changes to my online portal except my order now reflects the configuration below which she said is a batch.

Final order configuration is:

GGT White, Stealth, Tahoe, 7 seats, 20/21's, DreamDrive Pro, Surreal Sound Pro, Comfort and Convenience Pack, Dynamic Handling Pack, Tech Pack, Towing Pack

I'm in San Jose, CA - so let's see how long it takes.
Thats almost my configuration, only difference is 5 seats. My SA told me last week that there's a "batch number" (not certain what that exactly means) attached to my order now.
 
Thats almost my configuration, only difference is 5 seats. My SA told me last week that there's a "batch number" (not certain what that exactly means) attached to my order now.
My understanding on Batch Numbers is that it is the step before production. It has a scheduled date for Production (internal date) and they have ordered/possess the parts to manufacture that "Batch". Once the line is ready for that Batch and they start Production of the batch, is when VIN's are assigned the "Production" label.

If "Production" is a 4 - 6 week process (from Production to Delivery) it would make sense that "Batches" are another 2-4 weeks ahead of that given they are saying 6-8 weeks from Batch.

Where in Tahoe are you? We drive between Willow Glen (San Jose) to Carnelian Bay - 240 miles and as soon as I take delivery I'll post a detailed trip log.
 
11 Sep - GDE left factory
12 Sep - Arrived at SoCal
13 Sep - Inspection done
14 Sep - Delivery scheduled

Service team has either improved their inspection times (which is around 72 hours per SA) or they’re pushing end-of-quarter deliveries.

I was able to order a new dream edition rear trunk badge in anticipation of getting the car full PPF’d. I also requested the bear logos on the fenders to not be installed.
 
11 Sep - GDE left factory
12 Sep - Arrived at SoCal
13 Sep - Inspection done
14 Sep - Delivery scheduled

Service team has either improved their inspection times (which is around 72 hours per SA) or they’re pushing end-of-quarter deliveries.

I was able to order a new dream edition rear trunk badge in anticipation of getting the car full PPF’d. I also requested the bear logos on the fenders to not be installed.
They ARE pushing quarter end deliveries and I also expect inspections are getting shorter as a) folks become more familiar with the car and b)initial quality improves.

They will always push quarter end deliveries. Just like Tesla and Rivian
 
I took delivery this morning. Still have to get some photos taken, but it all went very smoothly (though there was definitely some figuring out of where things are on the screens). Everything worked (one fob, two cards) without a glitch, and once I had my virtual orientation (which I found to be very helpful), I was good to go.

Really love it. Vast improvement on my Model 3 (which, I know - duh).

Only gripe is that I have to have a service visit to install Homelink receiver, though the car software is ready for it. I would have asked for this to be built in, if I'd realized that. Not that big a deal.

GT, Stealth, Aurora/Yosemite, 20/21, 5 seat, DD Premium, Sound, Power, Comfort/Convenience.
 
I took delivery this morning. Still have to get some photos taken, but it all went very smoothly (though there was definitely some figuring out of where things are on the screens). Everything worked (one fob, two cards) without a glitch, and once I had my virtual orientation (which I found to be very helpful), I was good to go.

Really love it. Vast improvement on my Model 3 (which, I know - duh).

Only gripe is that I have to have a service visit to install Homelink receiver, though the car software is ready for it. I would have asked for this to be built in, if I'd realized that. Not that big a deal.

GT, Stealth, Aurora/Yosemite, 20/21, 5 seat, DD Premium, Sound, Power, Comfort/Convenience.
Homelink is something you have to request separately?
 
I took delivery this morning. Still have to get some photos taken, but it all went very smoothly (though there was definitely some figuring out of where things are on the screens). Everything worked (one fob, two cards) without a glitch, and once I had my virtual orientation (which I found to be very helpful), I was good to go.

Really love it. Vast improvement on my Model 3 (which, I know - duh).

Only gripe is that I have to have a service visit to install Homelink receiver, though the car software is ready for it. I would have asked for this to be built in, if I'd realized that. Not that big a deal.

GT, Stealth, Aurora/Yosemite, 20/21, 5 seat, DD Premium, Sound, Power, Comfort/Convenience.
Did it have 3.3.1 software installed?
 
Version 3.3.1 was installed on my vehicle today during delivery prep. I noticed they had to install it twice so there may have been a glitch first time through. Also, appears service is working at least a 6 day workweek to get the EOQ deliveries out.
 
Homelink is something you have to request separately?
No. They may make folks pay for it in the future, but hardware is supposed to be included. Earlier in deliveries there were a couple of folks who didn’t get the hardware. Was hoping this was a supply thing they overcame, but apparently, still an issue.
 
Version 3.3.1 was installed on my vehicle today during delivery prep. I noticed they had to install it twice so there may have been a glitch first time through. Also, appears service is working at least a 6 day workweek to get the EOQ deliveries out.

Lucid Service Centers have operated on a 6-day schedule since launch of the Air, although Saturday hours are a bit shorter.
 
My GGT remains in Chicago. It was set to be delivered today to my house in Michigan. The steering rack has to be replaced and they have no idea when I will get my vehicle, "probably" by EOM. I waited 9 months... I can wait a few more days. But, MAN it still feels like Christmas was cancelled on Christmas Eve.....
SA called today- the part was never needed. A software update fixed everything. I should get my GGT this week!
 
This probably should be under the Gravity Ordering discussion, but that's closed for replies. Did anyone else get an email with the subject "Lucid Gravity Dream Edition orders are closed"?
I got one as well. I think many people got the email. Either they are willing to make more or they have already finished ones that didn’t pass QA initially. No idea. I am still waiting for my GGT ordered last December.
Not making more and all have to pass QA
 
My understanding on Batch Numbers is that it is the step before production. It has a scheduled date for Production (internal date) and they have ordered/possess the parts to manufacture that "Batch". Once the line is ready for that Batch and they start Production of the batch, is when VIN's are assigned the "Production" label.

If "Production" is a 4 - 6 week process (from Production to Delivery) it would make sense that "Batches" are another 2-4 weeks ahead of that given they are saying 6-8 weeks from Batch.

Where in Tahoe are you? We drive between Willow Glen (San Jose) to Carnelian Bay - 240 miles and as soon as I take delivery I'll post a detailed trip log.
My SA says he can't tell me anything about production dates from looking at the batch number. But I hope that you're correct about 6-8 weeks being a likely time line.

I live in Tahoe City, so not far at all from Carnelian Bay. We go to the SF bay area very regularly, and I'm going to be particularly interested to see what the range is like in the winter with 3PMSF tires mounted. Hopefully I'll have my GGT by the time winter arrives, but I'm still waiting for Lucid to publish more details on the coming winter tire options.
 
Just got call my car is complete and in transit with expected arrival 9/15 and should be ready for delivery week after. That would be about 35 days after it showed “in production”. Still shows in production. Seems like they are really ramping. Wonder if I could ask them to take a window regulator out of the new one to put in the one I already have! 🤣

Black GGT, stealth, 20/21 loaded except HUD.

Still working to convince wife it’s a) better than her X and b) won’t have the issues mine has had. The latter is the big issue. My wife will accept zero bugs or issues. As a result, we may still defer because even with a new OTA pending, I will never hear the end of it if there’s an issue…
This is my configuration ordered early February. My interior is purlux premium. Still just “ordered”.
 
Back
Top