Gravity Delivery Discussion

Gravity inventory search is now live, happy hunting.

 
Scheduled delivery for Sept 30th. If I take delivery in California. I will need to pay sales tax not only in Utah but CA also wants sales tax - no thanks!
 
Scheduled delivery for Sept 30th. If I take delivery in California. I will need to pay sales tax not only in Utah but CA also wants sales tax - no thanks!
From another site: You can get a one trip permit (for a fee) to move a vehicle when unladen, for one continuous trip from a place within California to a place outside California.

That will allow to move the car to your state and register in your state without paying California sales tax on that purchase. I hope that helps.


You may contact the registration office and get required forms.
 
Gravity inventory search is now live, happy hunting.

Nice, found (2) with Power but in AG with Yosemite interior
 
Delivery appointment is scheduled for next Friday in the Bay Area. Dream Edition with Yosemite interior has finally arrived. Looking forward to it. Looks like things are accelerating.

OCDetailing appointment has been made. So this will go from one gate, to another. ;)
 
This is me, hoping to get an update from my SA. Any day now.

1758317356926.gif
 
I took another, longer, test drive in the Gravity yesterday at the San Diego studio while I was out here addressing a family matter. I drove a fully optioned black 5-seat GGT with Tahoe interior and 21/22 wheels. I wanted another test drive because my first test drive at the Lenox Mall pop-up store in Atlanta was only 10 minutes. I’ve been having a some trepidation about my DE order due to the delays and shake-out issues I’ve been reading about on this forum. Some thoughts and observations:

- Test drive was an hour with Kayla from the San Diego Lucid studio. She was excellent and very knowledgeable about the car. She spent a lot of time before the drive going over the controls and screens. She made sure all the mirrors, seats, and steering wheel were properly adjusted before we left.
- She demonstrated the massage seats, which I could see being really beneficial on a long drive.
- She also pointed out that with the Tahoe interior you get leather on the side of the door panel next to where you rest your arm, versus cloth material in that location with the other non-leather finishes (I did not know this).
- The drive was a mix of surface streets and California freeways (which we call Interstates back east).
- The car is unbelievably quiet, especially on the highway.
- The power is linear, delivered without hesitation (this is my first EV).
- Tested out Dream Drive Pro 2 on the freeway. It took a try or two to get it set, but that may have been user error. The car kept centered in the lane, but required occasionally holding the steering wheel. It didn’t really seem any better than the same feature on my brother’s ‘21 Telluride, in fact it was maybe a little wonkier. Hopefully, this will improve over time.
- Drove up the 5 Freeway and over to Del Mar and south back down the coast. Views with the glass roof were incredible. Climbing the hill from Del Mar into Torrey Pines the car really pulled. I beared down on the accelerator, our heads snapped back, and we passed the other climbing traffic like it was standing still. Everyone in the car laughed with joy. A Porsche Macan behind me was trying to keep up, but got left in the dust.
- My brother joined me and drove towards the end, so I also got to test out the back seat, which is almost more comfortable than the front seat when you recline.
- We made a tight U-turn and the rear wheel steering made the car feel much smaller than it is due to the tight turning radius.
- Overall I was very impressed with the car and felt better about my order. We climbed back into my uncle’s BMW and it might as well been a Model-T.
- Final observation unrelated to Lucid: I’ve never seen so much trash along the highways anywhere as I have in San Diego, which I’ve always thought of as very desirable city. The trash was everywhere. It is really sad to see in such a beautiful place. If CalTran can’t pick it up, they need to use volunteers or convicts like they do in Georgia, Florida, and Texas.

It is quiet and that 5 seater they have here in San Diego actually doesn't have the comfort package so no acoustic laminated glass!

CalTrans does use people on probation with community service to clean but I haven't seen them out in a while now. I more care that most of the roads here are in such terrible condition though.
 
Gravity inventory search is now live, happy hunting.

Am I the only one who thinks that’s not a good sign? If they can’t place these, there’s not enough demand…
 
My delivery went smoothly this morning in Scottsdale. This was my guys first delivery so I probably knew as much as he did from reading the forum but he knew enough and I got out the door with no problem.

Observations: I was first appointment of the day and they had 10 vehicles prepped and lined up for today, 2 Air's and 8 Gravity's. Of the Gravity 6 were Green and 2 black. All had stealth trim. I got the 5 seater and they confirmed a filler piece for the gap behind the 2nd row will be available for purchase in the future.

From an earlier discussion about sound systems I did not get the upgraded speaker package and could not discern any difference in the sound quality. I've been driving my Air for the past month which does have the Premium sound so I do have an Apples to Apples comparison. Others may have a different experience but for my ears Im glad I didn't pay for the upgrade,

I made a phone call while driving to test the mic and my daughter said I was loud and clear. She was a bit soft but the Delivery specialist showed me where there is a separate control; for incoming phone volume and I've tweaked that up higher since I got home.

Don't have any negative comments about the drive home. A few things are obviously located in different places and will take a bit of getting used to but nothing negative. As said many times; the ride, handling and quiet are superb.

Did like the fact I could assign the homelink to the button on the steering column. Makes it much more convenient than hunting on the screen.
 
Am I the only one who thinks that’s not a good sign? If they can’t place these, there’s not enough demand…
Nah, brand new anticipated release models that you have to reserve ahead often have last minute cancellations when people realize they couldn’t pull off financing or had gotten another vehicle during the wait, or simply chickened out cuz it’s a new model. And maybe a few posts here scaring people into canceling 🤦‍♂️
And the poster above said 8 Gravity delivered in one day at his site alone. Doesn’t sound like poor demand to me.
 
Mid Aug order of GGT with everything but towing just clicked over to production! SA originaly thought production would start firs week of October, so things are speeding up for sure.
Exactly my config too, but I placed my order in March. Seems like people at Lucid really like nature, because I only hear crickets when I ask...
 
Am I the only one who thinks that’s not a good sign? If they can’t place these, there’s not enough demand…

Unless someone just wanted one immediately without caring about the spec I'd say a lot of those have weird/undesirable(ish) specs. And there are 11 total available there. When I first loaded it there were 12, one of the builds I was looking at sold in the last 10 minutes or so.
 
Unless someone just wanted one immediately without caring about the spec I'd say a lot of those have weird/undesirable(ish) specs. And there are 11 total available there. When I first loaded it there were 12, one of the builds I was looking at sold in the last 10 minutes or so.
Nah looks like Lucid is going out of business. DOOOOM. Also for the record I know 4 owners who canceled after the car had gone into production as the timing didn’t work out or they realized they wanted a different spec but didn’t change the order in time.
 
Am I the only one who thinks that’s not a good sign? If they can’t place these, there’s not enough demand…
Posting them is precisely how they place them.
 
Am I the only one who thinks that’s not a good sign? If they can’t place these, there’s not enough demand…
If we didn't see what's been taking place in here then it could be "some" cause for concern but as others have pointed out, some of it will come from people pulling out at the last minute. We also know that Lucid wasn't doing a "make to order" system they were doing batches of configs then trying to see if any of the spares in the batch they could try and sell to someone. I would say these are a mix of both. I always thought it was strange to just make extra vehicles no one ordered and hope you can sell them but I've got no idea about manufacturing and how it all works behind the scenes so maybe there's a valid reason why they had to do it that way.

But..... any media etc. not following how Lucid has been making the Gravity will no doubt run stories that the SUV is struggling for demand with inventory vehicles now showing up so if can definitely be spun to not be a good look for them .
 
Am I the only one who thinks that’s not a good sign? If they can’t place these, there’s not enough demand…
I do not believe this is specific to Lucid. Weak demand exists for EV's >= 100k as evidence by the markets sales figures. Moreover with announcements of different lower priced SKU's based on the Gravity, you may see some holdouts looking for greater value.
 
My SA informed me that my car reached my local service centre on 9/18. It's in queue for PDI. No delivery date yet. Any idea how long it approximately takes from reception at SC to delivery?
 
Am I the only one who thinks that’s not a good sign? If they can’t place these, there’s not enough demand…

It has been fairly easy to get a non-HUD gravity for a month or two. There seems to be a significant number of these popping up, and a significant number of these that get taken by people who want faster delivery.
There aren't any HUD cars on this list. According to the tracker on here, the vast majority of buyers want the HUD.

As such from my perspective this development isn't a bad sign because I already knew there were some of these available. However if you weren't aware of this then yes, it would be a negative sign that there aren't enough non-HUD orders being placed at the moment to soak up all the non-HUD cars that are produced.
I'm not sure that all of these cars were assigned to orders at the time of construction. If LUCID ran out of HUD units and non-HUD orders they may well have just kept producing non-HUD cars.
 
My SA informed me that my car reached my local service centre on 9/18. It's in queue for PDI. No delivery date yet. Any idea how long it approximately takes from reception at SC to delivery?
Mine took 4 days but it was over the weekend. I'd say 2 to 3 if it passes all its checks.
 
Back
Top