Gravity Delivery Discussion

My SA informed me that my car reached my local service centre on 9/18. It's in queue for PDI. No delivery date yet. Any idea how long it approximately takes from reception at SC to delivery?
Mine arrived on Monday and was ready today.
 
Unless someone just wanted one immediately without caring about the spec I'd say a lot of those have weird/undesirable(ish) specs. And there are 11 total available there. When I first loaded it there were 12, one of the builds I was looking at sold in the last 10 minutes or so.
Agree that the configurations are weird. The one that was offered to me was not on the list. To me, dynamic handling is a must and at least DD premium. I think not many people like white interior.
 
I've got no idea about manufacturing and how it all works behind the scenes so maybe there's a valid reason why they had to do it that way.
I’m not a manufacturing expert by any means, but my understanding is that stopping and starting a line is one of the most expensive processes, so it’s often left running and producing because it is less expensive than stopping and starting the line per order. This is a very rudimentary understanding and very oversimplified, but that’s how I understand it.

Kind of analogous to MRIs, where shutting them down and staring them up is significantly more expensive than ongoing power costs, so they leave them powered on instead throughout the day. (Yes, I’m aware they can shut them down safely overnight or when not in use, but even if they do, they are really only hibernating; the liquid helium still continues to cool the magnets.)
 
Unless someone just wanted one immediately without caring about the spec I'd say a lot of those have weird/undesirable(ish) specs. And there are 11 total available there. When I first loaded it there were 12, one of the builds I was looking at sold in the last 10 minutes or so.
agreed. everything available in “inventory” in my ZIP code was just Dream Drive 2. not even DD Premium. let alone Pro
 
Adding my voice to the chorus ...

After placing an order within a few hours of the order window opening 10 months ago, my GGT with Tech Package is officially "In Production" with a VIN assigned. I decided to wait on the Tech Package rather than get an earlier delivery and now I am feeling much better about that decision :)

AG/Tahoe/21-22/max-out on packages incl Tech/5-seat

Delivering to Scottsdale, which hopefully reduces the delivery time. We shall see.
 
Last edited:
Unless someone just wanted one immediately without caring about the spec I'd say a lot of those have weird/undesirable(ish) specs. And there are 11 total available there. When I first loaded it there were 12, one of the builds I was looking at sold in the last 10 minutes or so.
It depends on your location. There are more or less depending on location.

Before they put that site up, they were able to place inventory cars and get folks to give up the spec they wanted.

That said, most of the ones I saw didn’t have dynamic handling, which is an absolute must in my book.

If you’re paying $100,000+ for a car, you should get what you want, so it makes sense folks wouldn’t want some of these that they made for whatever reason.

Also, rather than use a lot of SA time to match folks they can let them look at these.

It’s not doom and gloom, could also mean the ramp is just going really well.
 
Last edited:
It depends on your location. There are more or less depending on location.

It defaults to show all locations. I see cars in Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, and Natick (as well as ones in transit). Interestingly though more cars are being added. I refreshed and had 14 listed, now down to 13.

Edit: actually I don't even see to limit to local, just sort by distance.
 
I’m not a manufacturing expert by any means, but my understanding is that stopping and starting a line is one of the most expensive processes, so it’s often left running and producing because it is less expensive than stopping and starting the line per order. This is a very rudimentary understanding and very oversimplified, but that’s how I understand it.

Kind of analogous to MRIs, where shutting them down and staring them up is significantly more expensive than ongoing power costs, so they leave them powered on instead throughout the day. (Yes, I’m aware they can shut them down safely overnight or when not in use, but even if they do, they are really only hibernating; the liquid helium still continues to cool the magnets.)
Agreed. This is definitely the case for Lucid here as they don’t have complete vertical integration so need to build what they have on hand, wait for suppliers, rinse repeat.
 
It defaults to show all locations. I see cars in Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, and Natick (as well as ones in transit). Interestingly though more cars are being added. I refreshed and had 14 listed, now down to 13.
I’m sure they are going to go fast. I know a few people who were waiting on a more set timeline for receiving their car to place an order.
 
The multitude of Lucid options you can customize does really slow the production compared to Tesla which is limited, simply CT for example they were slated to produce a minimum of 250k annually - few options to select & no color option; that provides the capacity of producing that many units
 
It defaults to show all locations. I see cars in Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, and Natick (as well as ones in transit). Interestingly though more cars are being added. I refreshed and had 14 listed, now down to 13.

Edit: actually I don't even see to limit to local, just sort by distance.
Earlier today it showed different ones depending on zip code. But now I see it doesn’t…
 
My SA called me and my DE has been through production and is already on the way to Galleria, Tysons Corner Virginia. My delivery date is Sept 30 at my request. It’s really busy at Tysons. I’d love to know how many Air’s they sold as their lot was full and now is about half that.
 
tl;dr : My 0.2¢, don’t read it.

Good god. Such a juvenile, pedestrian review. Ignore these clowns.

Not a single word about any creature comforts, nvh, quality of the ride, charging performance, and literally a 400 mile range in most conditions.


Even on range they they say summer tires ended up getting close to advertised but the entire review is slanted and downright insulting to what the product is / can do.

These reviews are bought by the car companies and if you don’t pay, the product will get lynched in public . Another review https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/cadillac-escalade-iql-road-trip.html notice the significant difference in coverage ? Heck they also mention charging speed and actual details. However 0 mention of actual range of a car With double the battery , and sized like a minibus .
 
tl;dr : My 0.2¢, don’t read it.

Good god. Such a juvenile, pedestrian review. Ignore these clowns.

Not a single word about any creature comforts, nvh, quality of the ride, charging performance, and literally a 400 mile range in most conditions.


Even on range they they say summer tires ended up getting close to advertised but the entire review is slanted and downright insulting to what the product is / can do.

These reviews are bought by the car companies and if you don’t pay, the product will get lynched in public . Another review https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/cadillac-escalade-iql-road-trip.html notice the significant difference in coverage ? Heck they also mention charging speed and actual details. However 0 mention of actual range of a car With double the battery , and sized like a minibus .
Hmmm, not sure where you are coming from. I find the review is mostly positive for the Gravity, it certainly is not affecting my decision to buy. Everybody knows the mileage will not reach the EPA number in real world driving. My takeaway is that the larger tires are not that bad. I assume they tested on the same or similar roads. If you tested mileage yourself or know more authoritative test results, please share. I have don’t think they are lying.
 
Hmmm, not sure where you are coming from. I find the review is mostly positive for the Gravity, it certainly is not affecting my decision to buy. Everybody knows the mileage will not reach the EPA number in real world driving. My takeaway is that the larger tires are not that bad. I assume they tested on the same or similar roads. If you tested mileage yourself or know more authoritative test results, please share. I have don’t think they are lying.
They’re not lying, they’re just not trustworthy car reviewers because they’ve always been sloppy. Like I said when they tested the original Air GT range they used the wrong tire pressure. And again on this one, they didn’t even specify wheel size, or tire pressure, or temperature. I agree they’re complimentary of the driving performance, and it’s interesting the AS tires performed about as well as the summer tires. But if you are doing a “range test” eveyrone knows that smaller wheels have lower rolling resistance and it appears the car they had did not have the 20/21 wheels which are the ones rated for 450 in the 5 seater configuration so “this car didn’t get EPA” is a meaningless claim since it looks like the car wasn’t configured to Lucid’s 450 mile EPA spec. Unless I’m wrong I don’t think that pic shows the range wheels. It may be true the car doesn’t get EPA under daily driving, that wouldn’t surprise me, as Lucid shines on 70mph highway range test but usually does worse in city driving, but that’s not what the article is about.
 
Anyone have any information on the Dream Connect Premium? It sounds like connectivity will only be complimentary for 90 days. Any idea what the cost will be after that?
 
Anyone have any information on the Dream Connect Premium? It sounds like connectivity will only be complimentary for 90 days. Any idea what the cost will be after that?
They have not made any announcements. I can tell you from experience that 90 days is a lower limit, haha.

I know they will do this at some point, but they have not announced anything about it yet, whether pricing or timing.
 
Unless someone just wanted one immediately without caring about the spec I'd say a lot of those have weird/undesirable(ish) specs. And there are 11 total available there. When I first loaded it there were 12, one of the builds I was looking at sold in the last 10 minutes or so.
12 available yesterday and and now down to 5 available today. Sounds like good demand to me. Especially since many of these were middle to lower spec models and people picked an available car that was slightly off their ideal spec in order to jump the line and get it sooner.
 
Back
Top