Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks awesome. That car’s panel gaps for the trunk and rear cantrail are better than mine (at least on the left), they must be improving something at the factory.
Something funky with the charge port though… maybe the owner didn’t close it properly

There is no way Apple is Paying up to buy LCID, BUT would be a dream come true if they paid 1:1 in stock but doubt they have the shares to add. They also wont shell out 62 Billion = 2x current price and since ATH is 57, most likely won’t be approved by PIF.
There is zero chance that the Saudi Wealth Fund would sell its majority stake in Lucid. Why would any firm purchase a company that is struggling to produce 10 cars/day? This thread is about the delivery of the cars, not about this stock price or stock market fantasies.

There is no way Apple is Paying up to buy LCID, BUT would be a dream come true if they paid 1:1 in stock but doubt they have the shares to add. They also wont shell out 62 Billion = 2x current price and since ATH is 57, most likely won’t be approved by PIF.
Yes - since Saudi Government is the majority shareholder, and they obviously want to diversify from their fossil fuel dominated economy, I can’t see them agreeing to an Apple buy out. Aside from that, at its current valuation I couldn’t see how Apple could justify it.

Perhaps some technology licensing deal (motors and controllers/drive software) in the future.

--> post was made by a person who claimed he works at the paint department at Lucid and "• Every car in GA has a number on the license plate area indicating what number of car it is. We’re at around 1650 currently, and that’s including 500 from last year which we didn’t even meet the goal on. So this year out of 15k cars we’ve done about 1150." ---> this was about a month ago, so 2k sounds realistic for me.
Some one has a VIN above 2k, mine ends in 1501 and has not been delivered yet but is ready for delivery pending confirmation of payment which they received last Friday. so being able to tell number manufactured using the VIN seems incorrect.

At southern England, most EV brands I see is LEVC, and that car only has 60 miles range and it is sufficient to be used for Central London Taxi. When electric range is used up, driver can switch the car to petrol mode to recharge battery, then switch back when battery is charged up. The car is $85k. And British government mandates no pure gas car for sale by 2035. Tax is high for gasoline cars, not only one pays $15 daily pollution tax to drive inside city, registration and parking cost more. Commonwealth are motivated to get EV or Hybrid. My guess is that Tesla has high import luxury tax, so I see more variety of other brands so far.
Looks like the Model 3 (didn’t check the others) is the same price in GBP as it is in USD now. That makes the price 20% more expensive…except in most of the US, state and local sales tax gets added on to that so the price premium is a little less. I had always considered cars in the UK to be expensive in general though.

Sweeeeeet ride. Man, all these pics of Grey have me second guessing my choice of Stellar White.
I had originally ordered the Stellar White but changed to QG. Maybe it’s me but the QG seems to change hues based on the light. Very Cool.
Hope I get my QG this week.

Some one has a VIN above 2k, mine ends in 1501 and has not been delivered yet but is ready for delivery pending confirmation of payment which they received last Friday. so being able to tell number manufactured using the VIN seems incorrect.
My VIN ends in 2218. I am not sure what that means.

I had originally ordered the Stellar White but changed to QG. Maybe it’s me but the QG seems to change hues based on the light. Very Cool.
Hope I get my QG this week.
I'm not it changes hue like the red does. It seems like it's just so shiny that it reflects its surroundings, making it appear different lights. To be fair, I haven't had possession of my car long enough to say for sure though, since I only had it for about 3 hours before dropping it off for PPF.

It’s easy to look at someone’s LinkedIn and say, yup they live in Casa Grande, AZ and have manufacturing experience and work for Lucid as listed.

It’s much harder to march in there and ask Lucid executives to verify there is a blue Lucid version coming and that Apple is buying the company.

On a side note: I doubt Apple is buying Lucid.
I agree with that. When you develop a software-based on some other company's framework. It requires only reading the documentation that no actual person needs to walk around the factory. I am not sure how true it is but the factory worker might create a rumor or guess their own level of eyes. But the rest of the information is too many details to ignore or could just be pure speculations.

I know one person who joined Lucid who used to come to a youtube live stream as a Lucid Investor with lots of great points about Lucid and the other was actually working at Lucid. He talked about many Lucid teams was visited Saudi on business trips. Both of them completed not coming or stop leaving any comments recently. I'm sure talking about what happens in a company, in general, is prohibited if you're working for a public company. The reason I re-posted the Reddit comments was not that Lucid is getting bought out by Apple but the delivery numbers are pretty close to true. This post was done about a month ago the first time I heard about 1650 overall including previous quarters (Q4 - 125 and Q1 - 360 = 485). Then the recent recall was every car produced before 3/4 got affected and the number was 1117. And we heard from the ER, that they produced 700 cars and delivered 400. And someone heard from the staff from the expo last weekend heard that they are closed to 2k production which is a far less than 12k production.

I know one person who joined Lucid who used to come to a youtube live stream as a Lucid Investor with lots of great points about Lucid and the other was actually working at Lucid. He talked about many Lucid teams was visited Saudi on business trips. Both of them completed not coming or stop leaving any comments recently. I'm sure talking about what happens in a company, in general, is prohibited if you're working for a public company. The reason I re-posted the Reddit comments was not that Lucid is getting bought out by Apple but the delivery numbers are pretty close to true. This post was done about a month ago the first time I heard about 1650 overall including previous quarters (Q4 - 125 and Q1 - 360 = 485). Then the recent recall was every car produced before 3/4 got affected and the number was 1117. And we heard from the ER, that they produced 700 cars and delivered 400. And someone heard from the staff from the expo last weekend heard that they are closed to 2k production which is a far less than 12k production.
one more thing that I heard many source that Apple is not interested in running an EV manufacturing company directly because of its massive cost. FYI, here is a good article about Apple car, https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/apple-car/

one more thing that I heard many source that Apple is not interested in running an EV manufacturing company directly because of its massive cost. FYI, here is a good article about Apple car, https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/apple-car/
Apple’s single biggest owner, Warren Buffett has always been against auto manufacturing business —— high capital, low margin. Buffett however loves Apple store online business model.

Looks like the Model 3 (didn’t check the others) is the same price in GBP as it is in USD now. That makes the price 20% more expensive…except in most of the US, state and local sales tax gets added on to that so the price premium is a little less. I had always considered cars in the UK to be expensive in general though.

I only understand today why Brits don’t like EVs. 90%+ of people don’t have have garage. Most of houses were built predated 1910 before automobiles were born. The later house and midrises, people just park on street. This makes home charging very difficult to own an EV.

I only understand today why Brits don’t like EVs. 90%+ of people don’t have have garage. Most of houses were built predated 1910 before automobiles were born. The later house and midrises, people just park on street. This makes home charging very difficult to own an EV.
True but I see many Tesla owners and other EV drivers are charging at the Tesla charging station near my place and they have nice traffic going in and out all day long.

Apple’s single biggest owner, Warren Buffett has always been against auto manufacturing business —— high capital, low margin. Buffett however loves Apple store online business model.
Warren Buffet also owns the EV Bus maker from China 😀. Apple is weird when it comes to releasing new products and they are also very particular about their Profit Margins. I don’t see how they can make 30% from selling a Car. Based on all the articles some Apple followers post they have shopped around for a battery supplier and a contract manufacturer and have not found one they like. They also always like to keep stuff in their back pocket for times when they really need it. Look at how long they kept dangling the Apple Watch and then the AirPods before bringing them to market. Maybe just like Saudi Arabia they can ask Lucid to make a Apple Branded EV but not sure how soon that can be done because the Saudi’s come first. So maybe 2030 😂.

Another full metal roof in the lot today:

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 9.30.32 PM.png

And whatever this is (probably Black):

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 9.30.35 PM.png

Mine ends in 1394 and still dont have delivery date scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back