Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the above is a bit disconcerting, particularly a crash safety rating, which I have not yet seen. When I confirmed my order on March 29 I did so with the expectation that I would not see my QS/SC/now 21" (because 20" will not be available until Q4, which could mean late Dec) car until September. Given the announced and multiple problems reported on this forum, I am in no rush to get the car.

All of the above is a bit disconcerting, particularly a crash safety rating, which I have not yet seen. When I confirmed my order on March 29 I did so with the expectation that I would not see my QS/SC/now 21" (because 20" will not be available until Q4, which could mean late Dec) car until September. Given the announced and multiple problems reported on this forum, I am in no rush to get the car.

This is what is so great about the internet. Someone makes up something up about poor crash ratings, then someone repeats it and then Bloomberg does an op-ed on it.🤣

Last edited:
As far as I know, crash ratings have not yet been published for the Lucid. Though Rawlinson has hinted that it passed with flying colors. And the rep at the Millbrae store I talked to said with the roll test, they literally could not get the car to flip over, no matter what they did to it.

You should watch Bear's Workshop YouTube late this afternoon. He does drone flyover's two or three time a week of the Lucid AMC-1 plant and you can see for yourself those, if any, cars are ready for shipment. They will be the ones that are completely covered in a white cover in the parking lot closest to the drone.

I recall reading somewhere that official crash tests and safety ratings are published only for new cars that comprise more than a certain percentage of new sales. Until Lucid sells more vehicles, there may not be anything but Lucid's own crash test results.

Can't/wouldn't do that, but if you are taking delivery June 7, you must be very lucky and should go buy some lottery tickets.:) You appear to have jumped the line by quite a margin.
Your date is the same as mine but all I have is a Vin#

Can't/wouldn't do that, but if you are taking delivery June 7, you must be very lucky and should go buy some lottery tickets.:) You appear to have jumped the line by quite a margin.
Indeed - would love to know the secret.

Your date is the same as mine but all I have is a Vin#
My theory is that they are wanting to put Cars in every major City and I have not heard of any sales in the Dallas TX area yet. Was supposed to have had it until this 3rd inspection and the recall. It may also be how fast people gave them their personal info to check everyone’s credit, not that you Whales would have any issues. Or maybe my Advisor was just so on the ball he got his peeps at the front of the line by getting the paperwork ready faster. It is all my own theory though. I kept him engaged on a weekly basis.

My theory is that they are wanting to put Cars in every major City and I have not heard of any sales in the Dallas TX area yet. Was supposed to have had it until this 3rd inspection and the recall. It may also be how fast people gave them their personal info to check everyone’s credit, not that you Whales would have any issues. Or maybe my Advisor was just so on the ball he got his peeps at the front of the line by getting the paperwork ready faster. It is all my own theory though. I kept him engaged on a weekly basis.
I think it's location more than anything. Lucid doesn't do credit checks, all that is handled by the bank you're going through.

Great news!

I heard today that my car has finished all its repairs and will get its final detailing tomorrow and then it's ready!

I'm out of town now, but trying to figure out delivery vs pickup on Saturday.

Grey/Mojave/21s, reserved 12/2019, confirmed 11/3, VIN 4/20 for those unaware.

Great news!

I heard today that my car has finished all its repairs and will get its final detailing tomorrow and then it's ready!

I'm out of town now, but trying to figure out delivery vs pickup on Saturday.

Grey/Mojave/21s, reserved 12/2019, confirmed 11/3, VIN 4/20 for those unaware.
So, if your impending delivery holds true, you will be taking delivery a little over a month since your car arrived at the SC. Given that my car is still "in production" in Casa Grande and it has to go all the way to Riviera Beach, FL before being trucked over 600 miles to Charlotte, NC, the soonest I should expect my car is around mid-July, around 8 months since confirmation. More than likely though, given the backlog at the Service Centers, this might be conservative.

My DA called just now and said my delivery was ready for June 7th provided I pay them 🤪. He will get back to me with the price for a full-size spare with time that matches the Car’s Tire/Rim.
Wow, congrats. Pay the lady!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back