Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I think those are Cosmo Silver, I dug into the video more. You can see a white at top left, then next to it on the right silver, then red, then white. In front of the white, grey, red are black, then the fourth white, in front of that is a grey.

more-silver-lucid-air.jpg

Here are more:

more-silver-lucid-airs.jpg

For what it’s worth, my car is currently at PPF and I asked the detailer to look specifically for any microscopic flaws or issues in fit and finish including panel alignment, windows, mirrors, paint etc anything at all possible that he could see that didn’t seem quite right. He’s gone through my car with a fine toothed comb and so far has actually been impressed that everything is essentially perfect.

But one of the service people who came to fix my windshield wipers did mention that some cars had panel alignment issues because all the cars are being assembled by hand and so there is variation.

So maybe to try and catch all of the alignment issues and therefore prevent costly service issues when customers complain that one panel is 1 mm off, lucid decided to stop the whole process and get machine-like precision before shipping again.

Yea, I think those are Cosmo Silver, I dug into the video more. You can see a white at top left, then next to it on the right silver, then red, then white. In front of the white, grey, red are black, then the fourth white, in front of that is a grey.

View attachment 2326

Here are more:

View attachment 2327
Ok. You may be right. Those pictures are clearer than what I have seen.

That was a great representation and showed all of the colors, well done.

With respect to the reasons behind the delays, that is what we thought, but the bigger problem is how we all are coming to these conclusions and getting the information. You got it from a Service person, someone those of us waiting to take delivery have no interaction with. The only person we talk to is our DA, and mine has told me nothing in this respect. He won't clarify anything. I finally told him to just quit calling me until he actually has something new to tell me. Lucid's method of communication and how it is disseminating information is bass-ackwards. I am sure Lucid doesn't intend it to be this way, they probably don't think we should get that information from anyone, DA or Service Tech. They really need to be more proactive. The information is getting out, so it has nothing to do with being a public Company or not. They actually would be better with more public disclosure, not leaks.

What about this rumor that our friend LucidInsider posted on Twitter about a New Steering Wheel and Windshield/Canopy as well as New Software with advanced features. I would be mad if the 1200 or so existing owners were not offered a free upgrade, how about you?
Please provide the link. I have not heard anything about this.

Found it

Found it

I quote this forum, which was linked to https://lucidowners.com/threads/intel-from-service-tech.1454/

The source is https://lucidowners.com/threads/intel-from-service-tech.1454/ not Lucid Insider.

Anyone have any worries about what sitting in a parking lot, uncovered, in the Arizona desert, next to a construction zone is going to do to these cars, especially with respect to the soft paint they put on them?

Anyone have any worries about what sitting in a parking lot, uncovered, in the Arizona desert, next to a construction zone is going to do to these cars, especially with respect to the soft paint they put on them?
So...all the cars in the lot right now at Casa Grande? Maybe that's why it's on its 3rd PDI? Hmmmm🤔

Hope my car wont be stored outdoors at the factory for months in the summer heat in az. May cause all sorts of warping and fading. Pehaps will even affect the batteries.

It is a bit odd that they don’t cover them if they are truly just going to sit there without movement for more than a few days

Well, I am betting that since I got my VIN on 4/28, one of those cars parked out in the elements is probably mine and has, most likely, been out there a week or two already. I really wonder why they have not been covered at the very least. I lived in Las Vegas for nine years and I know what that heat along with some blowing sand can do.

No worries. I park my car outside in AZ most days of the week. I interior temperature easily hits 136 degrees. While Lucid is a new car company, the AZ sun is not new to the industry and I have not seen anything that worries me.

I was not as worried about the heat as I am about the sand/dust from the construction picked up by the wind, but if my memory serves me right, August/September were the windy months.

You are correct that mid July through mid September are monsoon season here. Construction sites are required to implement dust control measures. Not that it helps but I would be more worried about the adjacent farm land since that is where dirt really gets kicked up. I agree that blowing dust could be a problem.

Reserved Grand Touring Silver 12/08/21 with 20" Aeroflow. Just got the call today that delivery now expected around end of 2022 simply because of my wheel choice.

Reserved Grand Touring Silver 12/08/21 with 20" Aeroflow. Just got the call today that delivery now expected around end of 2022 simply because of my wheel choice.
Really?? So the 20” wheels that were supposed to be ready in Q3 have now been pushed to Q4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back