Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good businessman knows how to choose great subordinates and how to delegate authority. A well working company is not about one man.
No it’s definitely not. But he is forefront of this brand. He needs to cut ribbons every week, handshake dinners, give convention speeches, investors relation, photo ops, that’s just front office business development. Back office development, he needs conference report, assembling plants troubleshooting, R&D and software team meetings, etc. etc. Now he is back in U.S., he needs to ass whip these software developers. 😛

Last edited:
Seattle service center wouldn’t answer any questions. They put me on hold to get there manager but called my DA instead. DA called within 10 minutes. My DA was not allowed to tell me what the problem was with the car but she did say it was affecting more cars than just mine. Car has been at service center for 2 1/2 weeks now.
Seattle service center wouldn’t answer any questions. They put me on hold to get there manager but called my DA instead. DA called within 10 minutes. My DA was not allowed to tell me what the problem was with the car but she did say it was affecting more cars than just mine. Car has been at service center for 2 1/2 weeks now.
Feel sorry for you. Seems as if they have something embarrasing to hide or something they not fully can fix and hope you wont see it if you dont know what it is. Hope im wrong.

Yes, Lucid has pretty much gonna silent with respect to what is actually going on with all of the cars being inspected at the Service Centers or sitting in Casa Grande.

Got ahold of DA today. He did confirm that there's a nationwide pause on deliveries, or something along those lines, for re-reinspection. Didn't say exactly what the issue was. He said they'd find out tomorrow (Tuesday) more details on everything. The way he put it, it seemed like there was some sort of company-wide announcement coming tomorrow. But despite saying they'd know more tomorrow, his final comment was that he'd contact by the end of the week with an update. Considering I haven't received a single update without being the one to call first, I doubt that, and don't know why it would take til the end of the week if he'll know more tomorrow already.

Hard to be too upset considering I bought a car from a brand new car company - I fully expected weeks or even months of delays. It's just frustrating knowing the car is sitting two hours away from me, but I can't get it because it was somehow shipped from the factory with an issue so serious that they had to pause every single delivery across the country.

Oh well though. Try telling a friend how upset you are that your $150k car was delayed a couple months and see how much pity you get :p

B27DCF64-D763-40C1-9DCB-57D99059C153.jpeg

4-5 silver cars today. And maybe a Sapphire Blue? Maybe a weirdly reflected Black.

Oh well though. Try telling a friend how upset you are that your $150k car was delayed a couple months and see how much pity you get :p
Its more of the lack of communication than the actual delays that I have a problem with.

Its more of the lack of communication than the actual delays that I have a problem with.
Your memory isn't too good as you've been complaining about not getting your car everyday since I've joined this board.

Still no cars in the far lot, where they are staged for delivery, looks like we are still quite a while from deliveries to the Service Centers being resumed.

Got ahold of DA today. He did confirm that there's a nationwide pause on deliveries, or something along those lines, for re-reinspection. Didn't say exactly what the issue was. He said they'd find out tomorrow (Tuesday) more details on everything. The way he put it, it seemed like there was some sort of company-wide announcement coming tomorrow. But despite saying they'd know more tomorrow, his final comment was that he'd contact by the end of the week with an update. Considering I haven't received a single update without being the one to call first, I doubt that, and don't know why it would take til the end of the week if he'll know more tomorrow already.

Wasn’t there already a post saying that the re-inspections are due to panel alignment issues? So why the need for more details? There’s the potential for an awful lot of rework if that’s true. Maybe the company wide announcement is that all the cars in the lot need to be re-done? :( Any guesses on whether the issue extends to already delivered cars?

Wasn’t there already a post saying that the re-inspections are due to panel alignment issues? So why the need for more details? There’s the potential for an awful lot of rework if that’s true. Maybe the company wide announcement is that all the cars in the lot need to be re-done? :( Any guesses on whether the issue extends to already delivered cars?

As far as I‘m concerned the Saudis can throw more money, as much money as they want, to fix all these problems at Lucid. I’m not going to fret about any of this. The longer they take to build my car, the better.

Last edited:
Wherere the silver cars? Seems i can only see black s few grey and white but no silver.
There’s one in the picture I posted, far back row, second from left. Top-left of picture.

Reactions: Bel
What about this rumor that our friend LucidInsider posted on Twitter about a New Steering Wheel and Windshield/Canopy as well as New Software with advanced features. I would be mad if the 1200 or so existing owners were not offered a free upgrade, how about you?

What about this rumor that our friend LucidInsider posted on Twitter about a New Steering Wheel and Windshield/Canopy as well as New Software with advanced features. I would be mad if the 1200 or so existing owners were not offered a free upgrade, how about you?
You can go one of two ways on that thought. Is the new steering wheel less complex to streamline production? That would make the first 1200 cars more of a collectors item. Advanced software? Whatever it is we will get OTA anyway. I can’t imagine a more expansive glass canopy UNLESS they reposition / redesign the sun visors. That I would go for.

There’s one in the picture I posted, far back row, second from left. Top-left of picture.
Are you sure those are silver and not Grey? Hard to tell in the lighting. If silver, then where are the Grey cars? We know that they are producing Grey And VINs have been issued. Silver is not on until another month and no VINs.

Are you sure those are silver and not Grey? Hard to tell in the lighting. If silver, then where are the Grey cars? We know that they are producing Grey And VINs have been issued. Silver is not on until another month and no VINs.
It does look silver to me but who knows, hard to tell with the sun and fly overs...
Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 8.59.31 AM.png

@mnewber1

Just in case you missed it amongst the hundreds of pages of posts - Reserved April 5th, Confirmed May 10th. AGT Zenith Red with Santa Cruz. 19” wheels.

It does look silver to me but who knows, hard to tell with the sun and fly overs...
View attachment 2325
I really think it’s a Grey. They are currently producing white, black, red and grey. The reds look black in the pictures, but you can tell they are red. if those are silvers, then are the greys looking black? There have to be grey cars in the lot, but silvers are not in production yet. That is why I am thinking it is not silver. I highly doubt they would be making silver cars all the way through production with the factory issues they have been facing.

The grey tends to look darker, in my opinion. Does it really matter though what colors they are as they are all just hunks of metal and plastic, just sitting there, with no estimation of when they might transition to the far (delivery staging?) lot.

Once again, like the "grey delay", we are all left here just speculating and guessing on all sorts of things about Lucid, but particularly the status of those cars produced, but not yet delivered and the status of the software planned upgrades/revisions. Please correct me if I am wrong, but none of us here that are waiting for our cars post VIN assignment have been given any sort of estimate as to when we might take delivery. Remember, all of those cars sitting in that middle lot and those sitting closer to the factory still need to transition to that delivery staging lot and go through another host of expanded pre-delivery inspections once they reach their respective Service Centers. That will be another backlog as those cars make their way through PDI at the Service Centers.

The extent of whatever is prompting this prolonged pause in deliveries is unknown. We think is it panel gap issues, but we really do not know for certain. Will these issues cause more problems down the road, who knows. Will there end up being a crop of lemons coming out of this "pause", who knows? For me, it doesn't make me worried about all cars from Lucid, but I sure as hell am worried about this batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back