• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just confirmed my GT Performance in Stellar White and the Santa Cruz interior. I’m in Ontario Canada. Delivery advisor said it would be about two months from this point.

Got me a new ride today. It’s rather sweet.

C5A2F795-8E15-4629-9C90-9713452B164A.jpeg

Lucid Air Grand Touring​

Reserved March 20, 2021
Confirmed May 4, 2022 / 5:24 PM
Stellar White, Santa Cruz Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels

No VIN, No Location, No Date, No DA yet

Update: I spoke to my DA today by making an appointment. Thanks to you folks who recommended that. He reassured me that he expects I'll get my VIN by the end of next week. He of course had no specific knowledge as to why my VIN is coming a little behind everyone in my cohort but offered some conjecture regarding the overall complexities of building a car. He said that every car's journey through the factory is different, and I certainly get that.

I very much appreciate the call, and I am cautiously optimistic. If it turns out I do indeed get my VIN by May 13, that will be 2 to 3 weeks behind the rest of my cohort. Will my car be delivered at the same time as my cohort or will that be similarly delayed? Time will tell, but if so, that would suck. Four years ago Tesla got me a Model 3 Performance about four weeks earlier than quoted because I was a repeat valued customer. I haven't forgotten.

I suggested if there turned out to be more significant delays perhaps we could talk about other options such as grabbing a cancelled car in another color or something. On that he was noncommittal. He did say for a faster and better experience that I should consider picking up my car from my delivery center (Scottsdale, 5 hrs away) rather than ship it to my house in Las Vegas. Seriously considering that.
Update #2: During my discussion with my DA I had mentioned that if I had known at confirmation in November that a Zenith Red car would have arrived in February and a Quantum Grey car in May, I might have chosen the red car as I liked it almost as much as grey. Well, my DA called me last night and offered me a Zenith Red car that someone had cancelled, so I made the switch. Same interior and wheels as my original order (Santa Cruz and 21") I have now been assigned my VIN (!) for the red car. I'll talk to my DA early next week to discuss delivery or pickup from Scottsdale.

Advice on front Plate?

Texas has a front plate requirement (Rarely enforced). I have not seen a single picture of what the Lucid installation looks like. Does it require drilling into the front bumper? If someone posted pictures, that would help. Also, the other questions about how it installs. I have a retractable license plate kit that I never installed on my vette. Has anyone installed something like that? What other mounts have folks come up with? I am more willing to get a ticket than I am defacing my car, which gets here next week. I need to make the call on the front plate this week.

Red Santa Cruz, 21" Confirm date 1/6/2022. VIN date 5/4/2022. Projected delivery 5/11/2022 (Car is already in Houston)
I was concerned, but I guess for no reason. My DA assured me that these don't get drilled until final inspection and if it had been drilled, they would have replaced the bumper prior to delivery. I am planning to try an Altec SHO-N-GO remote control retractable front license plate bracket. I will post on how that went.

Confirmation Date: April 29th 2022
Grand Touring Configuration Summary:
• Interior Trim: Santa Cruz
• Exterior Color: Quantum Grey
• Wheels: 19” Aero Range

I gave up expecting, then all the sudden got called by DA. Which part of states are you in? I wonder if they deploying state by state in batch mode.

Btw, I’m an investor too. I want to see this product succeed.
Funny thing. Now my car is ready day after I posted this message

Unspecified delay for a week in April said on the earnings call.

I confirmed my Grey-Tahoe-21” wheels GT on 12/14/21. Yesterday I talked to my DA and he said he didn’t have a projected date for me to get my VIN. Today, he called me to say that a customer had canceled on a car equipped identically as my order. The car is already in Goose Island but he said it could be shipped to the Florida Riviera Beach service center and have it delivered to me in about 10 days. I should have the VIN tomorrow, so it looks like I could end up with one of the first Grey GT deliveries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back