Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told today, that my Red GT with Santa Cruz interior should get a VIN in 2-3 weeks. My paper work is in production and kits being made. Maybe paint next week or the following and then General Assembly in two to three weeks (that’s when VIN is assigned). I have a December 14th order date. I was told those with Silver have a choice to change colors to speed up delivery prior to August.
Hmm. I have the exact same configuration but confirmed Dec 1. By end hat logic I should be getting a VIN any day now

@pam4_AGT : What is your avatar? And why?
Haha! Someone asked. A bit technical and related to my line of work (nothing to do with the female name Pam). Its a data modulation scheme in high-speed interfaces (Pulse Amplitude Modulation). A binary stream will have only two voltage levels (1 and 0). A PAM4 stream encodes two bits in every symbol (hence four voltage levels) and that's what you see in my avatar pic.

I received a call from my DA today. I have ordered a GT, Cosmos Silver, Santa Cruz interior, 20” wheels. I reserved Feb 2021. Confirmed my order on Nov 16, 2021.
My DA called to let me know that production delays for my option choices has moved my expected delivery to June or July. He stated all 3 of my option choices were part of the delay.
He offered that I could change my options and get a May delivery. I declined and will wait to get exactly what I want.
This was the first time anyone from Lucid has actually given me a date that they plan on actually delivering my vehicle. Before it was always the window is usually 4 months. I asked how firm June/July was. He said July should be a lock, but they are hoping to make June happen.

Reserved GT on Feb 23, 2021.
Confirmed Cosmos Silver, Santa Cruz interior, 20” wheels on Nov 16th, 2021
DA called today and said delivery will be June/July due to supply issues.

I received a call from my DA today. I have ordered a GT, Cosmos Silver, Santa Cruz interior, 20” wheels. I reserved Feb 2021. Confirmed my order on Nov 16, 2021.
My DA called to let me know that production delays for my option choices has moved my expected delivery to June or July. He stated all 3 of my option choices were part of the delay.
He offered that I could change my options and get a May delivery. I declined and will wait to get exactly what I want.
This was the first time anyone from Lucid has actually given me a date that they plan on actually delivering my vehicle. Before it was always the window is usually 4 months. I asked how firm June/July was. He said July should be a lock, but they are hoping to make June happen.

Interesting. First admission from a Lucid employee that Santa Cruz was a problem. It really was the white carpet!

Interesting. First admission from a Lucid employee that Santa Cruz was a problem. It really was the white carpet!
Is this Santa Cruz interior still a problem? From the flood of messages on this thread since yesterday, that is no longer the case. Is that correct?

Is this Santa Cruz interior still a problem? From the flood of messages on this thread since yesterday, that is no longer the case. Is that correct?

Yup, that’s my understanding. That’s why VINS are in process, I guess.

Talked to DA this am and changed the color from silver to white. He thinks a May delivery is likely with the change.
Like you, I just spoke w my DA & changed my GT colors from gray to white and int from Santa Cruz to Mojave. Basically he said the change would delay my build/vin from April to May. I was concerned about the carpet color being too light w Santa Cruz and after seeing others cars now prefer white. DA sounded fairly optimistic, however he mentioned that he doesn't look at the forums... Fingers Crossed!!

Just spoke with my DA going over my options as I ordered Silver with Santa Cruz and the Silver is pushed out to June /July.
If I change to White with Santa Cruz delivery would be May. If I leave it Silver with Santa Cruz delivery would be June. We are going to be away from the middle of June to the middle of July so if delivery slips a little that's alright. Just didn't want it pushed out to production in July and delivery who knows when. Bottom line sticking with Silver.

While you’re at it, can you arrange for a studio in Georgia near Atlanta?

I imagine all studios should get test vehicles soon, since there's not too many of them. But they may be focusing on getting customer cars out the door.

I suggest a quick vacation to West Palm. I gave up on Texas studio. I could not in good conscience buy a $140k car without ever seeing it or more importantly sitting in it. I have had other vehicles that just didn’t fit me. The West Palm studio was great, people were knowledgeable and it is very low key, plenty of time for driving and asking questions. The car was great. I was very worried about the low roof line. I am 6 foot tall and had plenty of headroom and didn’t bump my head getting in, but I was very careful. I had an appointment and as a reservation holder they seemed to pay special attention to my needs.

You almost never need to unplug the cable from the outlet. The cable stays plugged into the outlet. The cable hangs on the wall in the garage and is plugged into the car when you need to charge; usually overnight. That’s what I’ve done with my two Teslas since 2015 and will do when I receive my AGT.

I thought you're supposed to keep it with you in theory?

I thought you're supposed to keep it with you in theory?
No, at least on my Tesla I only take the cable with me if I’m traveling far away where I’m using charging stations in case I can’t find a supercharger. I have adapters for different interfaces, Otherwise I’m charging at home so no need to remove the cable from the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back