• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, the factory isn't ready to produce multiple colors at once. Seems like red was a SUPER POPULAR color. All the deliveries we are seeing are all red.

That makes sense, unfortunately. But at the current rate, someone who reserved in September 2021 will get their car before someone who ordered in 2019 (@Neurio). That seems off to me.

Now, if they can build a Gray/Silver with a Santa Cruz interior that will be the golden ticket and a time to celebrate.

That makes sense, unfortunately. But at the current rate, someone who reserved in September 2021 will get their car before someone who ordered in 2019 (@Neurio). That seems off to me.
Yea unfortunately, as we have able to determine, color is a major factor in when the car gets produced, add to that the carpetting issue. It really stinks, but is to be expected since they haven't been able to expand the paint factory yet.

Yea unfortunately, as we have able to determine, color is a major factor in when the car gets produced, add to that the carpetting issue. It really stinks, but is to be expected since they haven't been able to expand the paint factory yet.
while @hmp10 was penalized by changing to zenith red, I think I have benefited in moving from grey to red

GWIS, I emailed my Lucid guy at Fashion Square today and got this reply:
"We haven’t been given any further information regarding any potential delays for specific trims or customers, so I still feel comfortable sticking to our initial timeline – production to begin Q2/Q3 with invitations and orders following suite."

GWIS, I emailed my Lucid guy at Fashion Square today and got this reply:
"We haven’t been given any further information regarding any potential delays for specific trims or customers, so I still feel comfortable sticking to our initial timeline – production to begin Q2/Q3 with invitations and orders following suite."
For context, this is for the Touring?

I wonder if Lucid also sources their wiring harnesses from Ukraine...

I wonder if Lucid also sources their wiring harnesses from Ukraine...
I've been wondering the same, though Ukraine only seems to affect EU based carmakers, with most production shutting down (or will shut down soon). Lots of harnesses are also made in Southeast Asia.

The color as a contributor to the production order makes sense. Most plants have runs of the same color because of the effort to change. I bet some colors are hard to switch due to pigment mismatch.

I am a grey/Mojave and on getting quite frustrated. I ordered Jan of ‘21 and confirmed in November of ‘21 and have really heard nothing in terms of an update to delivery expectation. i can understand the reasoning, but it doesn’t keep me from being frustrated and a bit pissed off.

I am a grey/Mojave and on getting quite frustrated. I ordered Jan of ‘21 and confirmed in November of ‘21 and have really heard nothing in terms of an update to delivery expectation. i can understand the reasoning, but it doesn’t keep me from being frustrated and a bit pissed off.
zipper-mouth-face.png

I imagine it's pretty frustrating for those with Silver or Gray reservations, however. Seems odd they're dragging their feet so much on starting production on those.
Yup. They have done a 2 month long batch of red GT cars and counting. Time to switch colors!

That is correct, I'm in the RWC/Woodside and happen to drive twice this week to Hillsborough/Burlingame. This is crazy - are you guys just watching the freeway for Lucids? haha.
Lol, no. I just have an eye for cars :D

I typically see 3-4 Rivian/day and now 1-2 Lucid.

I am with you. I reserved day of reveal 9/2020. Didn’t get confirmation until 11/14/21. Still have no VIN. I have quantum grey / Tahoe spec GT.

Now, if they can build a Gray/Silver with a Santa Cruz interior that will be the golden ticket and a time to celebrate.
Why is there a delay with the Santa Cruz interiors? I called my DA yesterday and he said there was no delays as far as he knew????
But it sound like they are in the dark any way or at least that's what they say!
I wish they were more forthcoming with information and worried more about better customer service!

Have any of you at 4 months reached out to your DAs to ask what’s up? And how much longer? I’m just wondering what a DA might say when 4 months has clearly passed.

Maybe later in the year (with luck) when the factory is running at full capacity, two months will be the norm. But it seems Lucid still is in the midst of production hell, so four months plus should be expected. And with paint shop issues, deliveries will likely be as out of order as DE or VIN numbering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back