Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And … Delivered

<shit-eating-grin>
1648256938897.jpeg

1648256874329.jpeg

Last edited:
Congratulations! It's beautiful. How did the walkthrough go?
I was the only one there - despite the 30+ cars they had
so for 15-30mins I had both Travis and Lawrence (he says Hi @SaratogaLefty)

Being my first EV, I was a bit slow, but end to end was probably 2.5 hrs. Travis was patient and at no point did he make me feel rushed.
the one thing that in hindsight I should have done is gone for a drive with the host. we skipped this knowing the EA chargers wouldn’t be “set up” yet for my car. So I set off on my own and was NAGGED to watch the road every 15 seconds or so all the way home. I believe this was due to the sunglasses I was using - but ironically every time it buzzed and pinged to remind me, I looked down to see what the eff was gping on.

Being very picky I pointed the two pieces of the glass roof weren’t quite flush, so that went down as a follow up. I drove away knowing I was being exceedingly fussy, since it was perhaps 1mm out - and there were other cars that seemed worse.

I came away with a good view of the config / software holistically. I didn’t do everything on “the checklist” but [a] Millbrae knew the list, and I was comfortable with the bits I left off would be picked up and addressed after if needed.

so far. the regen is great. I don’t think I used the brake peddle more than once the whole way home.
charging has been a bust for me at home (even on 110v) - but I’ll connect with @borski and confirm the cable is working ok and that I am not doing something stupid.

I was the only one there - despite the 30+ cars they had
so for 15-30mins I had both Travis and Lawrence (he says Hi @SaratogaLefty)

Being my first EV, I was a bit slow, but end to end was probably 2.5 hrs. Travis was patient and at no point did he make me feel rushed.
the one thing that in hindsight I should have done is gone for a drive with the host. we skipped this knowing the EA chargers wouldn’t be “set up” yet for my car. So I set off on my own and was NAGGED to watch the road every 15 seconds or so all the way home. I believe this was due to the sunglasses I was using - but ironically every time it buzzed and pinged to remind me, I looked down to see what the eff was gping on.

Being very picky I pointed the two pieces of the glass roof weren’t quite flush, so that went down as a follow up. I drove away knowing I was being exceedingly fussy, since it was perhaps 1mm out - and there were other cars that seemed worse.

I came away with a good view of the config / software holistically. I didn’t do everything on “the checklist” but [a] Millbrae knew the list, and I was comfortable with the bits I left off would be picked up and addressed after if needed.

so far. the regen is great. I don’t think I used the brake peddle more than once the whole way home.
charging has been a bust for me at home (even on 110v) - but I’ll connect with @borski and confirm the cable is working ok and that I am not doing something stupid.
Make sure you push the cable plugs in ALL the way. I know @ashoka8350 Ironman Lucid had an issue very early on where the cable wasn't plugged in all the way to the charger.

Make sure you push the cable plugs in ALL the way. I know @ashoka8350 Ironman Lucid had an issue very early on where the cable wasn't plugged in all the way to the charger.
I am going to have to double check - though since I got a green light I kind of assumed it was all good.
I am also going to catch up with @borski and we’ll see if I am the Numpty … or the cable is perhaps flawed

Pick up complete

Fastest reservation to confirmation turnaround time: 23 days (@DeaneG)
Fastest confirmation to VIN assignment: 76 days (@ElectricVA / @Demosthenes)
Fastest VIN assignment to delivery: 16 days (@Bbq9)

Slowest confirmation to VIN assignment: 138 days (@WJA, White, Santa Cruz)
Slowest VIN assignment to delivery: 29 days (@AZAirGT)

Average confirmation to VIN assignment: 99 days
Average VIN assignment to delivery: 23 days
NOTE: Subject to change once more deliveries have been reported.

There are several VIN assignments active without delivery that are 30+ days, however, a delivery just hasn't been reported.

So I set off on my own and was NAGGED to watch the road every 15 seconds or so all the way home.
I get this when driving into the low sun, it does not happen an other times with or without sun glasses. I can change the visor position and it will stop.

I get this when driving into the low sun, it does not happen an other times with or without sun glasses. I can change the visor position and it will stop.
Can you turn off the feature? I could see it being helpful on a long trip, but for everyday driving, it seems somewhat unnecessary.

Slowest confirmation to VIN assignment: 138 days (@WJA, White, Santa Cruz)
Slowest VIN assignment to delivery: 29 days (@AZAirGT)

Average confirmation to VIN assignment: 99 days
Average VIN assignment to delivery: 23 days
NOTE: Subject to change once more deliveries have been reported.

There are several VIN assignments active without delivery that are 30+ days, however, a delivery just hasn't been reported.
I’m going to be closer to the “Slow“ end than to the average. Hope they get better but the average is likely to get longer before it gets better. There are the 11/2 people who have been waiting longer and bumping up the average wait to VIN. I am Currently at 116 days from confirmation to VIN and counting. For those who reserved on 11/2, it is 144 and couniting.

Lucid needs to stop giving a 2-4 month delivery window as they KNOW it is not realistic. Even in their fastest case, it is 3 months (and that is combining times for different customers) and, while the current average is 4 months, that is not counting people currently at 5 months for a VIN. They SHOULD be telling people 3-6 months as a delivery window and say that it is currently in the 4-6 range.

Got our first... March 23rd confirmation batch VIN assignment..

is 76 days still the fastest confirmation to VIN assignment?
I have a feeling that this user's reservation date is early 2021 and they waited until now to confirm, which technically makes the new fastest at 3 days. But that kinda taints our data a little.

I have a feeling that this user's reservation date is early 2021 and they waited until now to confirm, which technically makes the new fastest at 3 days. But that kinda taints our data a little.
yea, that's an outlier. would be nice to have my GT before end of May for a road trip but highly unlikely at this point. I confirmed it on March 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back