Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone above mentioned they got invitation to pay yesterday and are picking up the car this Friday, so can go pretty quick if final inspection goes well.
Yep
that is my situation
VIN on 9th, prepped for shipping last week, arrived Millbrae this week, asked to pay yesterday, call today to say it is ready and I can come n get it (arranged for Friday afternoon due to work commits)

Crossroads are Scottsdale and Dynamite
Another N Scottsdale...I'm near off Dynamite about half way between Troon and Rio Verde. You're in good company.

I started my own business back in 1976 and sold it 8 years ago with 683 employees in three countries so I know a teeny bit about managing a small company.
Considering the hundreds of millions or billions invested in Lucid and the millions spent on salaries for probably some of the smartest and best educated people on the planet I doubt seriously they are not doing the best job possible to get these cars built and delivered. We now live in the perfect storm of raw material shortages, lack of manufacturing inventory and a delayed delivery system planet wide. These folks have a lot on the line and probably working 24/7 to straighten things out.
I also am a bit flustered at the current situation but am also amused at some of the childish foot stomping that goes on this site. It will happen when it happens.
I agree--and would add chip shortages to the perfect storm--the legacy OEMs are similarly challenged

actually I don't think mine was held up much. arrived in Millbrae Monday ... ready end of today.
Vin was only issued 9th March
I'm jealous. Hopefully mine will be ready in the next few days.

I believe invitation to pay is an indication that your car has arrived at it's final destination and the last step is final inspection (others can correct me). Are you picking up at a service location or home delivery?
It's final inspection and then it goes to detailing... that is what I was told this week.

Is there an updated tracker? There was a tracker on page 54, but I see a lot of folks getting vin's and cars since then. Mine was reserved 11/16, confirmed 1/6. I was told then 2-4 Months. I got a notice that I should change color From Silver or wait till July on March 16th. I changed to red / Santa Cruz (Grand Touring). It looks like Santa Cruz is also a delay? Has anyone received a red santa cruz GT?

Corrected weeks to months.

Last edited:
I was told then 2-4 weeks

This tracker should be up-to-date, there is a date on the original post that I update every time I make a change. There have been a lot of VIN assignments, however, not a lot of deliveries.

Santa Cruz was slightly delayed but is in production and seems to have begun assigning VINs for it. Also, I would confirm with your DA but typical it's 2-4 months after confirmation, not weeks.

This tracker should be up-to-date, there is a date on the original post that I update every time I make a change. There have been a lot of VIN assignments, however, not a lot of deliveries.

Santa Cruz was slightly delayed but is in production and seems to have begun assigning VINs for it. Also, I would confirm with your DA but typical it's 2-4 months after confirmation, not weeks.
FYI - My interior is Santa Cruz to update in the next round

I just received a phone call from my DA, who unfortunately notified me that production of my AGT (Cosmos Silver, Mojave, 19” wheels, order confirmed 14 Dec 2021, please add to your tracker if you like) would be delayed to the July timeframe. The reason he gave is that the factory is having difficulty with achieving the right paint mix to achieve the desired quality for Cosmos Silver. He also indicated that if I wanted to change the exterior color to any of the other choices, production would occur in late April or early May. I went ahead and opted for Quantum Grey. Glad to get a very courteous, honest and professional update like this.

He also confirmed that the Lucid Connected Home Charging Station would not be available until third quarter of this year. I had asked him earlier how soon a Charging Station spec chart would be available so my electrician can start work on installing a 100 amp line in my garage - the electrical permitting process in my part of Maryland requires such documentation- and he thought that would be ready in a few weeks.
What part of Maryland? I’m from Baltimore County but have been in Springs CA for many years.

I am Mojave interior

Thanks, Yes, months, Corrected...

Just spoke to my DA. Feb 22 VIN, Red, Mojave, 19". Looks like I won't take delivery by the time I leave Florida in mid April. Seems that the car is going through "further inspection". He couldn't say why - didn't have line of sight into that much detail but clearly has more information than was provided to him previously after escalating up the food chain. Although a disappointment, I'd rather get the car without major defects. Plus getting lucky with paint selection was pretty random.
So after yesterday's disappointing news that car won't be ready till mid-April when I would be headed to CT, my DA called today to say good news, car is ready to leave the factory and expect delivery in about 10 days in Florida. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back