Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

My order confirmation email in April has the order number in AD4556-57189 format right from when Lucid acknowledged my order and my order on the website has always shown that number. "queued for production" just means the order was sent to the factory but is simply an entry in the queue of cars to be produced. Next step is "start of production" then VIN assignment. Depending on your DA, you may not be notified until VIN assignment. Color seems to be the biggest factor in how quickly you get your VIN. Black and White are fastest, 2 to 4 months to get a VIN. Red, 4 to 6 months. Grey is all over the place but probably 5 to 7 months.
Ah, you're right. Hadn't looked back at the confirmation email.

I don’t think my DA likes me 😂 He always takes awhile to respond and then it’s a non response.

My order confirmation email in April has the order number in AD4556-57189 format right from when Lucid acknowledged my order and my order on the website has always shown that number. "queued for production" just means the order was sent to the factory but is simply an entry in the queue of cars to be produced. Next step is "start of production" then VIN assignment. Depending on your DA, you may not be notified until VIN assignment. Color seems to be the biggest factor in how quickly you get your VIN. Black and White are fastest, 2 to 4 months to get a VIN. Red, 4 to 6 months. Grey is all over the place but probably 5 to 7 months.
My email has that type of number, but the website had a different number until very recently

My email has that type of number, but the website had a different number until very recently
Same here. But I think the order pdf always had this number on it. I just hope this means I'm closer to a VIN 🤞

Same here. But I think the order pdf always had this number on it. I just hope this means I'm closer to a VIN 🤞
Same for me. The website had a 5 letter code which recently changed to the number shown on the PDF of my order agreement

Mildly (or maybe wildly) off topic but I have now seen TWO Rivians in Columbus Ohio.

Nary a Lucid, not even my GT confirmed on 2 March (and apparently fell into a black hole.)

Mildly (or maybe wildly) off topic but I have now seen TWO Rivians in Columbus Ohio.

Nary a Lucid, not even my GT confirmed on 2 March (and apparently fell into a black hole.)
Im not sure if Seattle is a Rivian hotspot, but I see one or two per day out here. The most was three in a day.

Big yawn to me with the styling but I can still appreciate how excited those owners must be every time they go for a ride.

Received my sales contract last night, signed and paid today. Interestingly I am getting a different VIN then I was assigned back in May.

Received my sales contract last night, signed and paid today. Interestingly I am getting a different VIN then I was assigned back in May.
Probably a cancellation

Bears Flyover today:

Looks to be a few more cars to last week's inventory. Don't see ... Car Haulers ...
Bears today - 16th Aug @ 10.30AM ... there IS a car hauler .... with cars on it. :)

A few or all here, hopefully get lucky in the next few weeks. Cheers.

Attachments

• Bears Wkshp 08162022 1030 - Staging.png
    Bears Wkshp 08162022 1030 - Staging.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 123
Im not sure if Seattle is a Rivian hotspot, but I see one or two per day out here. The most was three in a day.

Big yawn to me with the styling but I can still appreciate how excited those owners must be every time they go for a ride.
Got in my first one tonight; my colleague just received hers. I was incredibly impressed . Not a truck guy, but I was blown away . Loved it.

Got in my first one tonight; my colleague just received hers. I was incredibly impressed . Not a truck guy, but I was blown away . Loved it.
Oh I was referring to the exterior styling as a yawn, but I love the interior and all the wilderness & camping features!!

Oh I was referring to the exterior styling as a yawn, but I love the interior and all the wilderness & camping features!!
Totally get it. I was surprised how much I liked the exterior in person.
I love the light bar and the whole thing just looked sleek .

My DA still hasn’t replied. Do you all have this issue?
If you haven't heard back, set up a call thru their email signature. That's been the easiest way for me. The DA's must be inundated these days, so best to put it on their calendar to get any questions answered...

Back