GOT VIN #! New owner concerns.

uscnamja781

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
I've been a big fan of lucid engineering, interior design, and stock owner. I upgraded my Pure order to Touring at legacy pricing couple weeks ago and finally got a VIN # and very excited to take delivery in coming weeks. While at the studio upgrading and one more test drive, I saw a GT owner irrate and yelling at the service guy about something about the door not opening. I asked the SA what that was about and he mentioned that the owner has been here before and something about the window tinting affected the door and/or window opening properly.

Then during the test drive the front panel screen didn't move up and SA said he needed to reset the software. I've been following this forum and reading about all the issues with software, doors not opening, car shutting down, seats reseting, tire blown out, etc, all of issues which I am aware of but it was not reassuring to see that GT owner so upset and screaming from top of his lungs. Kinda freaked me out seeing it in person vs reading about the issues, Especially when you're dropping 100k + on a car, which I never thought I would do in my life.

Any owners have not experience any issues? I guess trying to get some reassurance before I take delivery.

I've been a big fan of lucid engineering, interior design, and stock owner. I upgraded my Pure order to Touring at legacy pricing couple weeks ago and finally got a VIN # and very excited to take delivery in coming weeks. While at the studio upgrading and one more test drive, I saw a GT owner irrate and yelling at the service guy about something about the door not opening. I asked the SA what that was about and he mentioned that the owner has been here before and something about the window tinting affected the door and/or window opening properly.

Then during the test drive the front panel screen didn't move up and SA said he needed to reset the software. I've been following this forum and reading about all the issues with software, doors not opening, car shutting down, seats reseting, tire blown out, etc, all of issues which I am aware of but it was not reassuring to see that GT owner so upset and screaming from top of his lungs. Kinda freaked me out seeing it in person vs reading about the issues, Especially when you're dropping 100k + on a car, which I never thought I would do in my life.

Any owners have not experience any issues? I guess trying to get some reassurance before I take delivery.
The fact that this owner was screaming at service people tells you most of what you need to know. I am sorry but there is absolutely no reason to treat Lucid service people with such disrespect. I would pretty much discount anything he has said, especially if the problem was caused by his modification. I have had my car for 13 months and have been into service quite a few times. I have always been treated well and my concerns were always addressed. Nobody can guarantee a problem free car but Lucid service has been terrific for me. Lucid will take care of you. People on the forum are more likely to post problems than how much they enjoy their cars so the forum can be misleading.

The car is expensive so I understand your concern. It is the best car I have ever owned and well worth the price. I am sure that you will enjoy it when you get yours.

I got my AGT at the beginning of September and joined the migration of the software from the pretty bad original to v2.0. The only issue I had when my car was delivered was some crimped weather stripping on a rear window, which was taken care of by a Service pretty quickly. During the transition to the v2.0 software, my car had some issues, one of the Mobile Service Techs parked in my driveway for several hours to interface remotely with the California Software team to troubleshoot, and I had a patch downloaded the next day. The v2.0 software was a big improvement, which has only gotten better since then. I was one of those with an issue with the frunk latch, and the Service Center had my car picked up, fixed, and returned within a week (I told them there was no huge rush). It has worked perfectly since.
As for the car itself, it is incredible to drive. I'm not a speed demon and I have the 19" tires both for range and crappy roads, so I typically get about 3.7-3.9 miles per kWh. The lane centering (Highway Assist) works very well for me as well as the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). On a 2-hour cruise through back road from NH to ME, I barely used my brakes since the car stopped and started by itself in traffic and the high regen on the brakes at intersections eased me to a stop.
Does it still need some improvements in the software and do I wish connectivity were better? Sure, but I spend a lot of time in areas with dead spots and this is a first year car. I bought it for the drive and comfort (the front seats are incredible) - the software will catch up. No regrets, just smiles.

I have a Grand Touring, delivered in October 22. I have had virtually no operational issues. Rarely I have camera surround view issues. I have never had door opening or drivability problems. I use the key fob exclusively because I like a physical item in my pocket. The sound system has beeps the most problematic but is a minor distraction now with all of the updates. Still love driving’s it every time I get in.

I have had my GT for about 7 months and have had very very few issues; the only 2 of any significance included a bit of a rear deck creaking noise and a blown back subwoofer.

The car is fantastic and I am so glad I went forward with my purchase.

There is no guarantee that the vehicle will be problem free , but in my opinion Lucid is very responsive when issues arise. My advice is to tune out the negativity, have reasonable expectations, and just enjoy the ride.

Seems like you are close to a studio / service center , which is very reassuring. I was extremely nervous about purchasing, being so far from any Lucid center, but thus far things have been fantastic.

As far as the software, I think it’s excellent and it has been much improved since release of the vehicle. There are a few very minor annoyances but they are really inconsequential, in my opinion.

Received my car at the end of October. A few issues on delivery (some software errors). They cleared up quickly and ever since I’ve had no issues. Most fun car I’ve ever driven. Absolutely no regrets. Enjoy your car!

I have an early GT, built in March 2022.
My service visits have been for the following:
-suspected water leak in back seat which may have been my own fault somehow since it couldn’t be reproduced by Lucid’s astonishingly thorough service team.
-recall inspection for wiring harness, didn’t need it, recall inspection for tow hook, didn’t need it
-rocker panel trim between front and rear passenger side doors snapped due to a very slight misalignment, repaired under warranty, along with a piece of window trim I didn’t notice was starting to lift (service caught it and fixed it), and a piece of wheel well trim that had come loose.
-12K mile service and also replace a dented piece of window trim that got hit by a rock.
-turtle mode after a sequence of events which makes me think a broken EVGo charger damaged the car. They needed to replace left battery coolant pump, rear drive motor coolant pump and a few other things all related to electronics on the left side of the car. Service responded to my text saying I was stranded in literally 60 seconds, and troubleshooting didn’t work so they got me an Uber home and a tow, fixed the car as soon as they got the parts and covered my rental.
-replaced frunk latches after the frunk wouldn’t open or recognize it was closed without multiple forceful closure attempts, they picked my car up at home, fixed it, dropped it off at work. The frunk works better now than when the car was brand new.

I think I had the same number of service visits with my Mercedes within the first year. Lucid service has been great for me, I’d just text the rep with whatever I needed or any questions and he’d respond quickly with updates and info. Their employees are very competent nice hard working people who are fans of the car and care very much about doing a good job. I have no regrets about this car, love driving it every day, love the comfort, the speed, the gracefulness of it, the space, the looks, the best range of any EV even when it doesn’t get EPA, the storage, the handling and the audio system. I plan on buying another Lucid when I’ve driven this one into the ground.

Sure it’s had all sorts of weird glitches that resolve, I was on 1.0 software and that SUCKED, this software is much better although obviously can still be improved. Your car may not be problem free, but honestly at least for me I’ve been willing to live with it because it works almost all of the time, I’ve taken it on 7 road trips now, and even after nearly a year of ownership I still make excuses to drive the thing. It really is that good.

The fact that this owner was screaming at service people tells you most of what you need to know. I am sorry but there is absolutely no reason to treat Lucid service people with such disrespect. I would pretty much discount anything he has said, especially if the problem was caused by his modification. I have had my car for 13 months and have been into service quite a few times. I have always been treated well and my concerns were always addressed. Nobody can guarantee a problem free car but Lucid service has been terrific for me. Lucid will take care of you. People on the forum are more likely to post problems than how much they enjoy their cars so the forum can be misleading.

The car is expensive so I understand your concern. It is the best car I have ever owned and well worth the price. I am sure that you will enjoy it when you get yours.
Appreciate the feedback, I have read that service has been overall positive, probably isolated incident. I am glad to hear you are loving the car after 13 months and I cant wait to get mine soon.

I have a Grand Touring, delivered in October 22. I have had virtually no operational issues. Rarely I have camera surround view issues. I have never had door opening or drivability problems. I use the key fob exclusively because I like a physical item in my pocket. The sound system has beeps the most problematic but is a minor distraction now with all of the updates. Still love driving’s it every time I get in.
Ahhh glad to hear! Can't wait to take delivery!

I got my AGT at the beginning of September and joined the migration of the software from the pretty bad original to v2.0. The only issue I had when my car was delivered was some crimped weather stripping on a rear window, which was taken care of by a Service pretty quickly. During the transition to the v2.0 software, my car had some issues, one of the Mobile Service Techs parked in my driveway for several hours to interface remotely with the California Software team to troubleshoot, and I had a patch downloaded the next day. The v2.0 software was a big improvement, which has only gotten better since then. I was one of those with an issue with the frunk latch, and the Service Center had my car picked up, fixed, and returned within a week (I told them there was no huge rush). It has worked perfectly since.
As for the car itself, it is incredible to drive. I'm not a speed demon and I have the 19" tires both for range and crappy roads, so I typically get about 3.7-3.9 miles per kWh. The lane centering (Highway Assist) works very well for me as well as the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). On a 2-hour cruise through back road from NH to ME, I barely used my brakes since the car stopped and started by itself in traffic and the high regen on the brakes at intersections eased me to a stop.
Does it still need some improvements in the software and do I wish connectivity were better? Sure, but I spend a lot of time in areas with dead spots and this is a first year car. I bought it for the drive and comfort (the front seats are incredible) - the software will catch up. No regrets, just smiles.
Wow love hearing your positive experience with your AGT and service fixing the minor issues. I think I was focusing so much on all the post about the issues then seeing the guy in person screaming, kinda freaked me out. Glad to hear you have no regrets and I know I'll be in the same boat.

Oh I gotta add one thing I forgot about the car that not many people have mentioned. This thing is an awesome family car. I have a two year old and we have tons of space for her car seat, all her extra crap, and she LOVES the glass roof, always pointing out the sun or the moon or clouds. It’s an absolute must-have if you have kids (get seat protectors!!). The rear doors opening a full 90 degrees is also crucial for getting kids in and out and their stuff. And guess what, the frunk is the perfect diaper changing pad when it has the cover on it, and you can put anything smelly in there as it’s completely isolated from the rest of the car.

I have had my GT for about 7 months and have had very very few issues; the only 2 of any significance included a bit of a rear deck creaking noise and a blown back subwoofer.

The car is fantastic and I am so glad I went forward with my purchase.

There is no guarantee that the vehicle will be problem free , but in my opinion Lucid is very responsive when issues arise. My advice is to tune out the negativity, have reasonable expectations, and just enjoy the ride.

Seems like you are close to a studio / service center , which is very reassuring. I was extremely nervous about purchasing, being so far from any Lucid center, but thus far things have been fantastic.

As far as the software, I think it’s excellent and it has been much improved since release of the vehicle. There are a few very minor annoyances but they are really inconsequential, in my opinion.
I guess I was really focusing on the post with issues and not the many positive posts, especially driving experience. I live about 20 mins to a studio/service center and I think someone above mentioned it might be that persons issue since he is screaming at a service tech. But thank you for the response.

Oh I gotta add one thing I forgot about the car that not many people have mentioned. This thing is an awesome family car. I have a two year old and we have tons of space for her car seat, all her extra crap, and she LOVES the glass roof, always pointing out the sun or the moon or clouds. It’s an absolute must-have if you have kids (get seat protectors!!). The rear doors opening a full 90 degrees is also crucial for getting kids in and out and their stuff. And guess what, the frunk is the perfect diaper changing pad when it has the cover on it, and you can put anything smelly in there as it’s completely isolated from the rest of the car.
OMG love to hear that! Recently have a 3 weeks old and once factor of many to getting a lucid was all the room in the back seat. Compared to my currently model 3 Tesla. What car seat protectors recommended? Do you mean the 3D floor mats? I would have never considered using frunk as diaper changing station but good to know!

hmm that link wouldnt let me view for some reason.
Ah, I’m guessing you’re not part of the members only lounge yet. Needless to say, delivery was a headache and had a really bad intro for me. My purchase was in June last year. After I finally received my car, even with some other small issues, I’ve been beyond happy with the vehicle.

Comparatively, my experience was far worse with my 2013 Model S issues and service.

OMG love to hear that! Recently have a 3 weeks old and once factor of many to getting a lucid was all the room in the back seat. Compared to my currently model 3 Tesla. What car seat protectors recommended? Do you mean the 3D floor mats? I would have never considered using frunk as diaper changing station but good to know!
I got this on @Bobby recommendation, matches my Tahoe interior perfectly. They may have other colors. The kid’s car seat will damage the leather if you don’t have a seat protector. Lusso Gear Car Seat Protector for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KQJMZGQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I guess I was really focusing on the post with issues and not the many positive posts, especially driving experience. I live about 20 mins to a studio/service center and I think someone above mentioned it might be that persons issue since he is screaming at a service tech. But thank you for the response.

It’s very unfortunate that an owner was berating a Lucid employee, regardless of how frustrated he was. Thankfully, that is the exception !

You will love the car ! Congratulations on your new best friend😉😉😉

Back