Getting very low mileage

Thanks for the reply - Looks good, since you were around an airport I assume it was stop and go traffic why you ended up in the 4's. Most of my friends who have a Lucid are averaging the low 3’s or 2’s with normal driving.

If your looking for an EV with range my wife’s RWD EV-6 is almost impossible to beat, I shot this sitting in the car on our daily trip to town in 30-40 degree weather,

Regards - Thanks

View attachment 9704
I do not believe that EV's are more efficient on numerous short trips rather than few long trips. The energy used to cool the car after sitting in the sun or to warm the car if it is cold in the morning adds up for those numerous short drives. While I would love to have a luxury car that could achieve 7.1 mi/kWhr on flat ground, but I have not found a car that will achieve that. This also brings up the issue that each manufacturer may calculate efficiency differently. Hence, the display numbers are not a good way to compare efficiency between brands. That is why most independent sources drive the car from 100% to 0% to determine range and efficiency.

Not sure how many shoppers would call a $52,000 EV (about the cheapest EV6 you can buy) an economy car. ;)
It’s all relative, right? Compared to the Lucid, it’s definitely closer to economy than luxury.
@borski-It's funny about tastes, I find the EV6 a far more attractive car than the Ioniq 5. That's what makes horse racing. :)
Haha yeah - I thought the EV6 had an ugly interior. I also thought the GV60 was far too chromed out. That doesn’t make either of them a bad car. :)

It’s all relative, right? Compared to the Lucid, it’s definitely closer to economy than luxury.

Haha yeah - I thought the EV6 had an ugly interior. I also thought the GV60 was far too chromed out. That doesn’t make either of them a bad car. :)
Compared to the upper trim Lucids, most cars are closer to economy than luxury. ;)

And here I found the interior of the Ioniq 5 almost toy-like! No accounting for some people’s tastes (my wife gets that a lot 😆).

Team Lucid

My car is giving just 50% of expected mileage. I am very disappointed. I am sure it gives low depending on driving etc. but getting just 50% is too low. I called them up and they are saying driving style brake terrain etc. but I am just driving normally.. any settings that you guys can share… I have full degeneration setting…
The biggest impact you can make is to turn on High for Regenerative Breaking. I found that to be most helpful without changing driving style (or the weather which we have no control over :) )

I have wondered about and was concerned by my "low" mileage. I spoke with Lucid and they gave me some tips and some solid facts about energy usage. Specifically of note, obviously using high heat is a big drain but using ACC is a huge help. Yesterday, I had a round trip of about 60 miles that was mostly flat (some small hills) and involved local roads (40 mph) then highways (3 with 65 mph) then local roads again. As the temps here (upstate NY) we unseasonably warm at 50, I decided to use this as test run. BTW, GT with 20" with snow tires.

On way there, I drove with no heat and used ACC extensively on every road I could. I averaged 4.2.

On way home, I drove with no heat but I also drove it myself and went as fast as 80 mph. total trip average for round trip was 3.7 which means I averaged 3.2 on my own.

Since my last charge (including this test), the average was 3.4 and that was using heat.

Conclusions: Heat is a BIG drain, but so is my right foot! Use ACC to maximize your efficiency.

I do not believe that EV's are more efficient on numerous short trips rather than few long trips. The energy used to cool the car after sitting in the sun or to warm the car if it is cold in the morning adds up for those numerous short drives. While I would love to have a luxury car that could achieve 7.1 mi/kWhr on flat ground, but I have not found a car that will achieve that. This also brings up the issue that each manufacturer may calculate efficiency differently. Hence, the display numbers are not a good way to compare efficiency between brands. That is why most independent sources drive the car from 100% to 0% to determine range and efficiency.
I think it depends upon how the car is set up and tuned. My GV60 is much more efficient in urban driving than highway driving (at least compared to highway driving at 75+ mph) but I am not prepared to risk injury by testing this by driving 55 mph on an Arizona highway. More opportunities for regen and coasting in urban driving but more initial acceleration which harms range. As the noted Tammany Hall politician George Washington Plunkett once said: "youse pays your moneys and youse takes your chances".

Back