Full PPF questions

LucidNY

Cars
Lucid Air GR
Hi,

Going to have a full XPEL ppf done on the Air this week. For those that have had it done any tips or issues to note to the installer before dropping it off? Given that it is a new car some things might work differently on a car like this than traditional cars.

Also, I noticed the Air Grand Touring badge is very thin. I believe normally they remove these when doing ppf and reuse them but I can’t see how they would be able to do this in this application. Did anyone purchase a new badge from Lucid as a result?

Thanks!

Hi,

Going to have a full XPEL ppf done on the Air this week. For those that have had it done any tips or issues to note to the installer before dropping it off? Given that it is a new car some things might work differently on a car like this than traditional cars.

Also, I noticed the Air Grand Touring badge is very thin. I believe normally they remove these when doing ppf and reuse them but I can’t see how they would be able to do this in this application. Did anyone purchase a new badge from Lucid as a result?

Thanks!
Yes. I had to get a new badge from Lucid. Was around $80

Hi,

Thanks!

Im still waiting for my car, but I am getting close so I am getting ready to make arrangements for PFF and one thing I remember reading early on was that people were asking for an extra badge during delivery. I am going to ask when I get the DA phone call, but I'm not sure if they will still do that or not. Either way, I would imagine you should be able to buy an extra.

Yeah, they’ll charge you for an extra badge and give it to you. Mine originally tried to put on the old one and it didn’t work super well.

Yeah, they’ll charge you for an extra badge and give it to you. Mine originally tried to put on the old one and it didn’t work super well.
Another option is to not do the trunk lid with PPF when you do the car, just ceramic coating. That is what I did. The entire car has PPF and Ceramic except the trunk lid which only has ceramic. Really didn't see the need for PPF on the trunk lid.

Another option is to not do the trunk lid with PPF when you do the car, just ceramic coating. That is what I did. The entire car has PPF and Ceramic except the trunk lid which only has ceramic. Really didn't see the need for PPF on the trunk lid.
Wow thanks for that. I'm expecting in two weeks. Have spoken to Gabe at TotalDetailing, Pottstown. He pitched the full monte so I thought it over, then his website (which is excellent) showed me other options, so now I'll likely a-la-carte saran wrap and grease areas.
Concerned bout interior treatments (no info...is it ok), glass overheating by dual coatings (factory+inner "tint" traps heat? is that a thing?).

But I have noticed more and more stone chips on my cars, more than I have ever seen since I started driving in the 60s. Maybe i notice it more but the windshields seem to quickly pit up leaving tiny pin-pricks of dazzzle at these seasonal low sun angles. Is this something a grease job covers?

I'll have to call Gabe soon to reserve a slot. Seems to take a week or two depending on layers + etc. Lots to think about with no personal experience of any of this. Thanks so much for the trunk tip. I thought it was cool then I remembered when my (then) teenage kids friend slung her backpack on the conveniently there trunk lid of my V12 R129...then, seeing the look on my face (I was paralized), she quickly dragged it off in such a way as to cover the back with slashes too. So. There's that.

I'm doing a full wrap as well and will be getting a new badge. DA said that the parts dept had 1 in stock, but will be ordering more. Apparently there was a slight backlog on the badge but sounds like it's not an issue any longer.

I just got my car back, I had full ppf and ceramic coating. When I got home I realized I had a red triangle message on dash, when I started the car again it stated that auto park could not work as sensor was blocked. Called the shop where I had it done, and they fixed the problem in less than five minutes. So the moral of the story, make sure that all the sensors work after getting the ppf.

Has anyone wrapped their car in Kavaca PPF? My plan is to wrap the front in Kavaca and ceramic pro on the rest of the car.

Has anyone wrapped their car in Kavaca PPF? My plan is to wrap the front in Kavaca and ceramic pro on the rest of the car.
Why 2 different wraps?

Hi,

Thanks!
Hmmm ... For me it was peel & reuse. Saw him with blue tape & paper. Maybe he took photos & used paper to draw a template of the area to help him with the re-application.

Why 2 different wraps?
Kavaca, which has ceramic coating in the wrap, on the front and ceramic pro ceramic coating on the rest of the car. Just one wrap which would be a full front.

Kavaca, which has ceramic coating in the wrap, on the front and ceramic pro ceramic coating on the rest of the car. Just one wrap which would be a full front.
From what I was told, it's better to wrap it and then apply ceramic after. That's what the installer

From what I was told, it's better to wrap it and then apply ceramic after.

That's what my installer tells me. The ceramic pro saran wrap is all ready greased, but I'm having 2 layers of grease on top, as per his rec.

I have appointment in Pottstown first week of Oct. Doing the full monte. This works out great since I qualified for the lucid 10% discount.
All I need is a car ....

@borski - Any chance you have detail photos of your door handles, rearview mirror caps and the front end around the "LUCID" logo? My car is going in this week and looking for as many quality reference photos as possible. Thanks for all the help throughout the forum!

First time getting PPF or ceramic coating on any car. Really hoping it's worth the $8k 😳

Back