Fog inside the camera casing

Oat

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I notice inside the camera casing, there would be fog or condensation in front of the camera.
Anyone else got this issue?

IMG_6081.jpgIMG_6080.jpg

Yes!! I can’t imagine this is good.
1673974648233.jpeg

My front camera (top of windshield) was badly fogged at times. Service decided it was overheating and replaced it. No fogging problems subsequently.

same, randomly showed up !

My front camera (top of windshield) was badly fogged at times. Service decided it was overheating and replaced it. No fogging problems subsequently.
I have had fogging on both the left and right B pillar cameras, and just two days ago, significant fogging on the front/windshield camera. I had previously reported the driver’s side B pillar camera fogging to CustomerCare (as that was the first one I had noticed). They told me it was most likely due to frequent opening/closing driver’s door on a cold day, and nothing to worry about unless I saw such fogging when washing the care — then to contact them immediately.

The day the passenger side fogged, my wife had been riding with me on some errands…same on the day I noticed the front camera fogging.

Interesting that they decided to replace your windshield camera. I think I’ll reach out to CustomerCare again to report my other fogging cameras.

I had this as well...got it this weekend following a car wash. I had the Lucid Service tech here today for other issues and brought this up...unfortunately the fogging that was there yesterday was gone today.

He said it's normal, won't impact camera/sensor driver aid functions, and will dissipate on its own. Time will tell but it doesn't seem to impact my 360 view so this may be accurate.

I notice inside the camera casing, there would be fog or condensation in front of the camera.

View attachment 8752View attachment 8753
I did last month, Lucid replaced the unit.

EDIT: I also noted the fogging after a car wash, and since the replacement there hasn't been an issue after multiple washes, rain/snow, stupid cold weather, etc.

They told me it was most likely due to frequent opening/closing driver’s door on a cold day, and nothing to worry about unless I saw such fogging when washing the care — then to contact them immediately.
Not seeing clearly in your mirrors is definitely something to worry about.

View attachment 8752View attachment 8753
Yes. I also have condensation. Mine is in the door pillar. It is gone now. I was going to check with customer care about it. Trying to get in the Seattle Service but they have been slow to respond.

Attachments

• 24CDCDC7-0241-428D-8C2A-1418775D8F35.jpeg
    24CDCDC7-0241-428D-8C2A-1418775D8F35.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
  • F696B5DE-C3B6-4CF0-9EFA-B44E795FC11F.jpeg
    F696B5DE-C3B6-4CF0-9EFA-B44E795FC11F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
CS told me that it's normal.

It comes and goes for be based on temperature. Only see it when its really cold and is fleeting.

Not seeing clearly in your mirrors is definitely something to worry about.
Mirrors are not the issue. They work just fine…no fogging up whatsoever. The fogging issue is inside the glass over windshield camera and the left and right B pillar cameras.
So far, the fogging does not appear to affect camera function. Tho’ I did get a “camera obstructed” message (or something like that) the day the front windshield camera was subsequently found to be fogged. However, the sun was very bright and blasting the front windshield that day, and the message went away a few moments later, even tho’ the fogging was still present. I suspect the warning message had to do more with the sun than the fogging.

Mirrors are not the issue. They work just fine…no fogging up whatsoever. The fogging issue is inside the glass over windshield camera and the left and right B pillar cameras.
So far, the fogging does not appear to affect camera function. Tho’ I did get a “camera obstructed” message (or something like that) the day the front windshield camera was subsequently found to be fogged. However, the sun was very bright and blasting the front windshield that day, and the message went away a few moments later, even tho’ the fogging was still present. I suspect the warning message had to do more with the sun than the fogging.
The front camera has defrost in it, turn it on and it will clear out. The B pillar cameras will have condensation when it’s cold outside and warmer in the cab - happens occasionally and also happens on my MS, it’s considered normal. As stated, the issue will be if you wash your car, or it rains and fogs, there may be a leak and it should be looked at.

Yeah the sun can cause the camera obstructed issue if the lens is overexposed and thus effectively can’t see. It goes away when you move out of direct sunlight.

Back