Fob battery dead after only 4 months

steveairgt

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
83YOVHQD
Hi
I’ve had my AGT for a little over 4 months and today the fob battery died. Luckily I have other ways to enter the car (phone and key card).

Isn’t it strange that it died so soon? I’ve never had a car where the fob battery lasted so short a time. Anyone else have such an issue?
Thanks

Hi
I’ve had my AGT for a little over 4 months and today the fob battery died. Luckily I have other ways to enter the car (phone and key card).

Isn’t it strange that it died so soon? I’ve never had a car where the fob battery lasted so short a time. Anyone else have such an issue?
Thanks
It's either a bad fob design or maybe a software issue but yes, the batteries do not last very long and there is no warning that the battery is low.

It's either a bad fob design or maybe a software issue but yes, the batteries do not last very long and there is no warning that the battery is low.
I actually do get a low battery warning on my screen when the fob battery is low. My guess is it was a bad battery.

I actually do get a low battery warning on my screen when the fob battery is low. My guess is it was a bad battery.
I have never seen a low battery warning. Where does it show up?

Leave the fob in a Faraday Pouch - I heard it helps with prolonging battery life
I've thought about the Faraday pouch but it seems a bit bulky. Its larger that the actual fob.
I wish I could find an appropriate designed case/cover.

I've thought about the Faraday pouch but it seems a bit bulky. Its larger that the actual fob.
I wish I could find an appropriate designed case/cover.
I would like to hear from Lucid as to the root cause and their solution.

Hi

Thanks
Standard, just like me buying a dozen batteries for back up.

But I’ve learned Farraday pouch is the solution and I only use mobile phone as fob now whenever I walk to any of my EVs.

Also, don't use Duracell

But I’ve learned Farraday pouch is the solution and I only use mobile phone as fob now whenever I walk to any of my EVs.
If a Faraday pouch or box doesn't strike your fancy, any tea/merchandise metal cans from Fortnum & Mason will do the job.

Yes, happened to me initially. Faraday pouch seems to help . I keep extra batteries in the car.

Been using Duracell since my fob died week one of ownership. Haven’t had to replace and it’s been almost a year. My dogs are stored in a faraday box at home. No issues
Please take your dogs out of the faraday box

I have never seen a low battery warning. Where does it show up?
On the main screen in front of you, on the right side if I recall correctly. “Key fob battery low” or similar.

On the main screen in front of you, on the right side if I recall correctly. “Key fob battery low” or similar.
Wow, never seen that in my car.

I mean, maybe I’m crazy? But I could swear I’ve seen it…

Hi

Thanks
The FOB Battery seems to have been an issue per my mobile service, they say they change the FOB Batteries every time they go to service a car.

Mine don’t even seem to last 2 months and I keep them In my Farraday Pouch and Box. I also hardly ever use them but carry the Pouch in case the iPhone App decides not to work, which has happened a couple of times.

Fob Schmob. I put my fobs away and haven’t taken them out in months. Mobile key all the way!

Back